Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2451 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

cant see this daily JC visits thing working myself as i don't think many JC staff work on a Sunday or a bank-holiday and plus it will cost them millions in travel fairs for example IF 200,000 people visit the JC daily with an average of £5 travel fair per day that will cost the tax payer ( we all pay taxes no-mater if we work or not) 1 Million pounds a day

No it won't work and a lot of companies won't take staff on to work for 6months waste of time if u ask me and they won't be and no they won't open on Saturdays or Sundays and bank Holidays

Only been on WP since February so still 22 months and if I am not employed by then I may as well give up

Lucky u tho I end mine on the 12th of May and then on to the help to work plus what is option on help to work where u can get more training would this mean put back on to Ingeus or another WP company?

In a sadistic sort of way I hope this causes major problems for the DWP/JCP. I would love to be at the JCP when 100's turn up and wait in a queue for hours to be seen by someone whilst the advisers have no time to go for a loo break or eat lunch causing them maximum distress. When you do see your adviser EVERY DAY (won't work but I will play along) you tell them you have only done 10 hours searching this week as you have spent 6 hours a day travelling toand from JCP and waiting to see someone and of course due to our rights have taken time out for lunch and dinner.

Once again it's a style over substance idea from the Tory's in advance of elections. The general mood in the country seems to be 'I have to get out of bed at stupid-o-clock and go to a job I hate, therefore anyone who doesn't needs to be punished'. It's a race to the bottom, appealing to the lowest common denominator populism. What's most frightening is that it seems to be a vote winner with the majority, who've never had to dance through the 'set up to fail' minefield of the benefits system these days. Makes me really sad and angry in equal measure, but it's a pointless emotion because there's nothing I can do about it - except get a job and flip 'em the bird. But I guess that's what they want in the first place?

It's a messed up world here why people voted for these people I will never know they do nothing but blame the unemployed for all the debt etc in this country they have no respect for people who are jobless the quicker they get took out of power the better!!

In a sadistic sort of way I hope this causes major problems for the DWP/JCP. I would love to be at the JCP when 100's turn up and wait in a queue for hours to be seen by someone whilst the advisers have no time to go for a loo break or eat lunch causing them maximum distress. When you do see your adviser EVERY DAY (won't work but I will play along) you tell them you have only done 10 hours searching this week as you have spent 6 hours a day travelling toand from JCP and waiting to see someone and of course due to our rights have taken time out for lunch and dinner.

Yeh wonder how the JCP DWP etc cope with all these people turning up to sign on and how can they cope if we are to sit in the job centre for 30-35hours a week because my job centre is tiny so good luck to them I want a job before this help to work and take a whole load of pressure of my shoulders as that's all the DWP etc do to u when u first claim your benefit

It's a messed up world here why people voted for these people I will never know they do nothing but blame the unemployed for all the debt etc in this country they have no respect for people who are jobless the quicker they get took out of power the better!!

Agreed. But a country gets the democracy it deserves. And I fear the Tory's will get voted back in, as Labour is as much use as a chocolate fire-guard these days. Ed Millipede is a joke. I wouldn't even want to see him running a bath.

Anyway, wrong thread for me to get all political on. So I'll leave it at that. I agree with EssexMat that it'll be darkly funny to see us all turn up at the JCP at the same time trying to follow this new regime. Actually don't know who I'll feel more sorry for - me/us, or the poor saps behind the desk slowly losing their minds. Either way it all sounds like one of Danté's circles of Hell after a few weeks of implementation.

"help to work"

So a year being at JCP and 2 at WP and still no work, what does that say? It means there IS NO WORK that pays enough to come off of benefits.

Yeh aknow the WP is not working but they are putting this help to work in place to hide that fact! And I people that work who moan when your on benefit and u get offered jobs like 8hours a week sorry but why would I go to a job were I will be much worse off when I struggle as it is when on benefits!

Agreed. But a country gets the democracy it deserves. And I fear the Tory's will get voted back in, as Labour as much use as a chocolate fire-guard these days. Ed Milliband is a joke. I wouldn't even want to see him running a bath.

Anyway, wrong thread for me to get all political on. So I'll leave it at that. I agree with EssexMatt that it'll be darkly funny to see us all turn up at the JCP at the same time trying to follow this new regime. Actually don't know who I'll feel more sorry for - me/us, or the poor saps behind the desk slowly losing their minds. Either way it all sounds like one of Danté's circles of Hell after a few weeks of implementation.

Yeh but I prefer labour but us in scotland have the chance of indepence I want away from Cameron etc and yeh a lot of the JCP will leave as they will be getting out under so much pressure that they end with been stressed but that's ok tho not like the government cares not like they do much bar sit at a table discuss nothing and stand up to camera and talk a lot of crap! Much be a "hard life" for them!

That is what this government cannot see - if you are working ONE HOUR a week you are WORKING and will be wiped from statistics. Work 8 hours at minimum wage so that is what, around £56? So then take off travel so work 8 hours for around £35 and get 37 JSA - how is that helping? Plus you won't have enough to pay your contributions for pensions whch I think is about £147p/w? For me, to come off benefits, I need to earn (after travel and rememberring I would be liable for my rent and council tax and prescriptions) around £750.00p/m

Yeh but I prefer labour but us in scotland have the chance of indepence I want away from Cameron etc and yeh a lot of the JCP will leave as they will be getting out under so much pressure that they end with been stressed but that's ok tho not like the government cares not like they do much bar sit at a table discuss nothing and stand up to camera and talk a lot of crap! Much be a "hard life" for them!

At least when all the JCP staff get 'anxious and stressed' and quit, they'll have the knowledge how to hop straight on ESA ;)

That is what this government cannot see - if you are working ONE HOUR a week you are WORKING and will be wiped from statistics. Work 8 hours at minimum wage so that is what, around £56? So then take off travel so work 8 hours for around £35 and get 37 JSA - how is that helping? Plus you won't have enough to pay your contributions for pensions whch I think is about £147p/w? For me, to come off benefits, I need to earn (after travel and rememberring I would be liable for my rent and council tax and prescriptions) around £750.00p/m

Yeh it's a joke I get offered a job at a place but it's over half an hour away it's not 16hours do not good for me and there like go for that an like no there like why an like it's gonna cost me 70-80pound a month on bus fair and I pay rent so your looking at £80 a month so let's say I would be lucky to have anywhere near £60-70 a month it's a joke!

If I get the job I am after via the place I volunteer at I will be £200p/m better off (18.5 hours a week) and only £12 a week travel. I so want to get it as I cannot wait to walk in to INGEUS or JCP and tell them I am not coming any more

To put the above into context I live in Tower Hamlets in a ratty studio flat - small, damp, nasty. £900pcm. If I worked you can add to that full rent, travel, work clothes, full council tax liability, Income Tax, NI contributions, student loans becoming payable, debt management plan cancelled too as I would have more than £50 a month disposable income, etc. I'd need to bringing home about £3kpcm before tax to even make it possible. JCP making me go for jobs on zero hour contract that even full time would pay £800pcm BEFORE TAX. It's a 'ffing' joke. Well a joke to them. I'm not laughing anymore.

If it is not too personal and intrusive can I ask why you live in what is one of the highest rent (cost wise|) area in the UK? You don't have to answer as it may be a case of being a personal reason. I moved from a London Borough 3 years ago as I was struggling whilst working and lucky I did as I am now on JSA and HB and would not be able to pay my rent. I now live somewhere a lot cheaper but I prefer it. Sometimes change is good, gets you away from the rut and overcrowding.

The new Help to work scheme only affects people like me who have finished the Work programme and are at Post- Work Programme Support which is being scrapped in favour of the new Help To Work Scheme - so im dreading my appointment that i have booked with my advisor for 11am tomorrow with it being the first appointment under the new scheme

TJR JNR

If it is not too personal and intrusive can I ask why you live in what is one of the highest rent (cost wise|) area in the UK? You don't have to answer as it may be a case of being a personal reason. I moved from a London Borough 3 years ago as I was struggling whilst working and lucky I did as I am now on JSA and HB and would not be able to pay my rent. I now live somewhere a lot cheaper but I prefer it. Sometimes change is good, gets you away from the rut and overcrowding.

Hey not too intrusive at all, I read this thread for good debate and advice, so can hardly complain when someone replies to one of my comments! I was born in London, lived here all my life, recently lived in Hackney for twelve years, then when it got too expensive a few years ago I moved out to Harringay, then when that got too expensive to Tower Hamlets a few months ago. They're gradually edging me out either way it seems! ha!

I'm a single guy in his 40's with no girlfriend, wife or kids. No job either. All I have are my friends and family who all live within 5 miles of me. I think to be anywhere you have to have 'business' (ie a reason) to be there. So whilst I have no problem moving to S****horpe or Luton to live in a cheaper flat with no chance of work or chance of making new friends because I have no money to go out, at least here in London I have a CHANCE of finding work and a strong support network of people who care about me.

Edit: haha I love how the town of S c u n t h o r p e has been redacted by CAG. Such a rude town ;)

Edited by Shendor
Edit: haha I love how the town of S c u n t h o r p e has been redacted by CAG. Such a rude town ;)

That is a fair enough answer, have you thought about moving out a bit more to a neighbouring borough? I used to live in LB Redbridge but the rents there are sky high as well so maybe there isn't much in it so it is a lose/lose situation I guess.

I am the same, no partner and coming up to 40 - 5 years ago I was earning £30k a year, had a lovely private rented flat and a girlfriend - now on my own, no money, and friends miles away so only see them about once a month as some are selfishand even though they work rarely visit my area which is lovely as they stick to London.

In a way we are lucky as we have no committments but also unlucky as we are in a rut we are struggling to get out of. Also, at least you have family, I am the only child and my parents who live nearby are coming up to 70 and not in great health and I worry what I am going to do if nothing changes in the near future.

That is a fair enough answer, have you thought about moving out a bit more to a neighbouring borough? I used to live in LB Redbridge but the rents there are sky high as well so maybe there isn't much in it so it is a lose/lose situation I guess.

I am the same, no partner and coming up to 40 - 5 years ago I was earning £30k a year, had a lovely private rented flat and a girlfriend - now on my own, no money, and friends miles away so only see them about once a month as some are selfishand even though they work rarely visit my area which is lovely as they stick to London.

In a way we are lucky as we have no committments but also unlucky as we are in a rut we are struggling to get out of. Also, at least you have family, I am the only child and my parents who live nearby are coming up to 70 and not in great health and I worry what I am going to do if nothing changes in the near future.

I totally agree with you about the 'rut' thing. Our stories sound very similar. I used to be a teacher - hated it so much it drove me to a 'nervous breakdown'. I figured you only get one shot at life, so sold the flat I'd bought and used the money to retrain as a screenwriter - a life-long dream. That was back in 06. The money ran out a few years later, writing work got me pennies before drying up completely. I basically gave up and have been 'parked' on JSA and HB ever since. For me personally, even though I have got over my anxiety and depression issues that naturally followed my taking a shot at my dream and missing spectacularly, I've yet to get over my ego - that I have about ten letters after my name, have travelled around the world, been a 'reasonably' successful screenwriter, etc, but now the only jobs open to me are minimum wage and I'm not even getting those (as I'd rather put a bullet in my head than ever, EVER go back to teaching as it sent me mentally ill. At least until now I was left free to write and only sign on once a fortnight. Now I fear all that is about to change.

Lucky u tho I end mine on the 12th of May and then on to the help to work plus what is option on help to work where u can get more training would this mean put back on to Ingeus or another WP company?
it will be a work placement through Learn Direct

TJR JNR

As for job searching - it has been an off day today for me as I am very unmotivated so just about to fire off 3-4 CV-Library applications in about 3 minutes for jobs I either don't want, the pay is too low or I have no chance of getting - that is what it has come to, filling a quota!

The new Help to work scheme only affects people like me who have finished the Work programme and are at Post- Work Programme Support which is being scrapped in favour of the new Help To Work Scheme - so im dreading my appointment that i have booked with my advisor for 11am tomorrow with it being the first appointment under the new scheme

could u let me know what u get told about this help to work scheme mate? as i finish the WP on the 12th of may so any info u could tell what u get told from there would be a good help.

it will be a work placement through Learn Direct

u sure? am not sure if that will be with me as the closest learn direct place to me is 30mins away so maybe another placement closer to home as i have not heard anyone round here get put on that placement so could be different company in my town