• Tweets

• I can only speak from personal experience. But a similar thing happened to me. Seriously dented door.  I made the other insurance pay. They regarded it as a write off. Took the money, replaced the door. Never heard anything more about it.    Except clearly someone sold my details to claims company, because I got loads of calls in bad English for a few month's 
    • The incident was 03rd March 2024 - and that was the only letter that I have received from MET 15th April 2024 The charge I paid was at the Stansted Airport exit gate (No real relevance now - I thought this charge was for that!!).   Here is the content of email to them (Yes I know I said I was the driver !!!!) as said above -  I thought this charge was for that!! "Stansted Airport" Dear “To whom it may concern” My name is ??  PCN:  ?? Veh Reg: Date of Incident: 03rd March 2024 I have just received a parking charge final reminder letter, dated 10th April 2024 - for an overstay.  This is the first to my knowledge of any overstay. I am aware that I am out of the 28 days, I don’t mean to be rude, this feels like it is a scam My movements on this day in question are, I pulled into what looked like a service station on my way to pick my daughter and family up from Stansted airport. The reason for me pulling into this area was to use a toilet, so I found Starbucks, and when into there, after the above, I then purchased a coffee. After which I then continued with my journey to pick my daughter up. (however after I sent this email I remember that Starbucks was closed so I then I walked over to Macdonalds) There was no signs about parking or any tickets machines to explains about the parking rules. Once at Stansted, I entered and then paid on exit.  So Im not show where I overstayed my welcome.. With gratitude    
    • Just to enlarge on Dave's great rundown of your case under Penalty. In the oft quoted case often seen on PCNs,  viz PE v Beavis while to Judges said there was a case for claiming that £100 was a penalty, this was overruled in this case because PE had a legitimate interest in keeping the car park free for other motorists which outweighed the penalty. Here there is no legitimate interest since the premises were closed. Therefore the charge is a penalty and the case should be thrown out for that reason alone.   The Appeals dept need informing about what and what isn't a valid PCN. Dummies. You should also mention that you were unable to pay by Iphone as there was no internet connection and there was a long  queue to pay on a very busy day . There was no facility for us to pay from the time of our arrival only the time from when we paid at the machine so we felt that was a bit of a scam since we were not parked until we paid. On top of that we had two children to load and unload in the car which should be taken into account since Consideration periods and Grace periods are minimum time. If you weren't the driver and PoFA isn't compliant you are off scot free since only the driver is liable and they are saying it was you. 
    • Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sounds like they are making up nonsense

Ingeus book a telephone appointment first time they made an excuse about having wrong numbers and then when I gave them the proper phone numbers they still didn't call and of course there is now way we would chase them, look like he chicken out now we wait and see what would happen but Cathy benefit stopped 9 weeks ago without a single letter from the dwp.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When i call in sick my adviser says we will change ur appointment and if I have used any of my 3days off and not to worry but just come in for next appointment nothing about filling out any sick forums as u get sick days off for a certain period , must say if Cathy benefit been stopped without a DWP letter I would be contacting them straight away

And the 3 day thing is when you ring in sick your only allowed to ring in 3 times on the trott to cancel appointments so when u ring in its always best to tell them how long you think you need off before they rearrange your original appointment coz if u miss 4 appointments on the bounce they are required to alert Dwp incase you are on the wrong benefit and should be on Esa not jsa

TJR JNR

well i did 13 weeks at haven when i got put on microcom so would get payed since its a job and wouldnt be fair to have a sanction and not get money when going to a 13 week job,

yeh a have one on there system they sayed a rarely miss an appointment with ingeus and never missed a job centre appointment,a only need that appointment of if am not well and they get me in next week as thats fine by me,do u know what the certain perioid of time u can have 3 days off with ingeus as they told me over a certain period of time a get 3 times off so is this 2 year or a year?

Update, they have went through with the sanctioning HOW, this is completely illegal. The foi request clearly states we can not mandate how you supply your job search evidence, please help some i'm in a bad situation, there stilll demanding print outs, now i've got to wait for a hardship fund to go through.

Got a reply off ingeus head office which shocked me, i don't need to supply screen shots or print outs, a written record is fine.

result lol.

You don't have to show them anything keiron

A Work Programme provider may ask you to

provide evidence of your job search as part of their support they give you but they cannot

mandate you to provide it and you will not be sanctioned if you do not provide it.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/174813/response/427937/attach/html/3/4166%20Response.pdf.html

Update, they have went through with the sanctioning HOW, this is completely illegal. The foi request clearly states we can not mandate how you supply your job search evidence

If I understand you keiron the information in that FOI isn't really relevant here. You say you left a date off your job search so you must have shown them your job search already. If you just left one date off then you just made a mistake and that's what you should be telling the Jobcentre. I get the feeling it's a bit more involved than that though. Need more information.

hi

my adviser wants me to bring in a record of my jobs//spec letters that have been applied for or contacted but how can i bring in spec letters to them if i send them out?

and she wants me to put job link for everytime i apply for jobs on to a usb stick but she mean just the bit at the top starting with www. whatever the website is hope someone can answer this

thanks

Hey. I'm 18 and been with Ingeus a couple of weeks now. There's a couple of things that troubles me with Ingeus...

1) My adviser has requested as a mandatory request that I apply for at least 4 jobs with an extra 10 contacts with employers on the top. 14 in total.

One of my main bed bugs is my confidence. I lack so much in this and I would love to be more confident in myself. It's bad enough that I go to work places for the Job Centre. I much prefer to send an e-mail but around my area, there's not many places that I could grab an e-mail address from.

I'm a nervous person in general and meeting new people ties in with my confidence thing. Anyway, I was also passed to someone else who may be able to help with this. I'm confused as to why they'd be testing my confidence issues, which I did notify my adviser of at first interview, when I could surely only benefit from if I were to be given some constructive confidence tips and such before hand? It feels, in my personal opinion, that they're not interested how your well being, in regards to how you feel in finding work, is holding up but assuring their wallets are topped up once I'm in work. I've not worked as of yet, done the occasional odd job but nothing that qualifies as work or accompanies the working atmosphere (apart from Work Experience at school).

My confidence is with first meet. After a couple times meeting someone, if I've not taken a liking to them, I shall have decided if I like their company or not, but once I'm on a roll with someone then I'm as relaxed as anything. It's that initial shock of actually attempting to make conversation with someone because of my nerves. The first time I visited the Job Centre, they picked up on it and asked if I was alright. I quite liked their company, despite feeling like it was something 'wrong' because of the people who abuse the system.

Anyway, I don't feel they took into consideration how I actually felt and just added this as a mandatory thing on my letter that I received from them. I can't see how it's a mandatory requirement or qualifies as one seeing as they're not the one's who should be checking on where you're applying. That's the Job Centres field. It was my understanding that this isn't for my benefit, it's for some kind of marketing or research which I do not want. I just want help to find work. That is the point.

2) I was fast tracked to the work program. Whether that's because I let the Job Centre know that around Feb/March time I should have a job to go to as this was a winter thing to see if I could secure work for the winter time. Anyway, at the Ingeus office in my town, my adviser told me about how Ingeus will benefit me.They said that they're not there to check up on me (which by requesting I grab proof of job searching that's irrelevant to how they're supposed to be helping me says to me that they're indeed trying to check up on me) and that the program is set up to help people find work.

I've had a couple of appointments with Ingeus and none of them (apart from the one with a second instructor) have been any help whatsoever. I've found the work I would normally find that I've applied for but there's been nothing to guide me and assist me in finding work outside of my comfort zone.

I was told that the work program is to benefit me yet I've had nothing from them in regards to helping my confidence and other issues that are barriers finding work. Not even a little. I feel extremely cheated of my time that I've given to them for nothing in return. My area, it is a seasonal town. The main work is within the season usually from March till October/November. The main work over winder is from supermarkets which I have constantly applied for jobs at. We have a Tesco, Morrisons and Iceland as our shopping centres. There's co-op and such but as main supply chains, there's hardly anything to even care about.

According to my adviser, there's plenty of jobs out there and that I need to look but I was under the impression that you was supposed to be helping me find the less obvious one's on top of the most obvious. My situation isn't the best but it's by no means the worst and due to the work program, I'm seriously considering struggling until the job comes around and I'm working. Not much more than what I get from the Job Centre but it's still something to slip onto my CV and something that qualifies as 'work'.

Out of my JSA, I give my mother £40 per fortnight which is noted on my JSA profile (Not the amount but the fact that I pay 'rent' to my mum for my living space). I don't mind the £40 because that includes my food, room, washing, cleaning, toiletry, a bath, sinks and stability for living.This leaves just over £70 dedicated to my allowance for finding work (I can live with that because expenses aren't the best but they don't slap a ruddy great hole in the allowance which is a bonus.) Having only a couple of weeks (3 weeks or so) until I'm working, considering signing off is a big tick. This is all due to the pressure of the work program and without having any assistance with my confidence issues, the actual mandatory requirements are a struggle to attain.

Their main concern is not getting money, I'm sure. My current experience is horrible and even puts me off looking for assistance in the future. It's not helped. It's just added to my current list of hurdles to clamber over.

My adviser did my head in real bad last visit. They had got me to sign into my personal e-mail(s) on their computers. I was fine with this because most of the e-mails I get are junk, but to then be trawling through my e-mail box and viewing private items including my photo which is a personal one of myself and my girlfriend (nothing rude, but a personal photo I don't wish to share with someone I don't know) and then not even sign out of the accounts just shut down the browser. I don't trust their system at all and find that not logging out of MY e-mail accounts are some kind of breach of privacy, especially if I didn't want them signing in to begin with. He had no reason to sign into my account, and then he opened an e-mail, fair enough he sent it for the Ingeus portal login for me to use, but that is still an e-mail that was on my personal account.

I rushed home and changed the passwords, hoping that it required him to sign in again. If my passwords were logged, at least they cannot login.

Edited by jordanleeshaw

Have you asked about a confidence course? I'm sure they had something like that when I was with them.

As for contact with employers you could go around town where you live and ask if they have any vacancies, yes or no you can still leave a copy of your CV with them which counts as a contact, if you don't feel confident enough to do that then you could just not and say you did.

Ingeus are useless and as admitted last week by my WP returner advisor "A complete waste of time and money". They've taken on way too many clients than they can handle and as a result they have no time to help each individual so the most of your appointments with your advisor will pretty much be "Hi how are you...Check job search..ok thanks for coming see you next time." no advice, no help looking for work and very rarely put on a course because they are all full.

Your advisor (I use the term loosely) can NOT make you sign in to your private email account on their computers and then go through your personal emails, they can't mandate or force you to give them access to it so just say no next time if they ask. You can provide evidence of your job search in any form you want, personally I just wrote the jobs I applied for down on a piece of paper, you don't need to use universal jobmatch or log books, you could write it all down on a cracker and they'd have to accept it, as long as you can provide a record of your job search its fine.

You should definitely ask them about confidence building/team building courses though :)

You're young and will probably find a job soon enough..hopefully you won't end up like me and a lot of other people who have been let down by the system, I've been out of work for so long I just don't care any more, I no longer get shy or nervous when talking to people and I DO want a job and still regularly apply for jobs on a daily basis but don't care if I get it or not, I have no emotions about it what-so-ever lol.

jordanleeshaw: Unfortunately, an Ingeus "adviser" can mandate you to apply for X number of jobs and contact Y number of prospective employers if you are claiming JSA. The only way to get this reduced is to argue your case before the mandation letter is produced.

I would suggest logging on to the UJM, fire off five applications for any vacancy within your area and then pick up the Yellow Pages. Select ten companies at random and write a speculative letter and take them to your next meeting - Tell the "adviser" that you require him/her to supply the stamps or post the letters on your behalf.

Ingeus are not interested in your welfare, only the outcome payments they can claim when you start work.

You did the right thing by changing the password on your email account - Next time they ask you to log in, act flustered and "forget" your new password :wink:

No one has the right to access your private communications without your consent or a court order. If they had tried that with me, I would have given the "adviser" a right earful.... But then I'm a grumpy b**** and can get away with it :madgrin:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Starting end of Feb, beginning March is when I should be starting 3? courses of specific areas which should help me but due to the confidence in myself and how much I lack in it, it's not benefiting me what so ever until after I feel it would be helpful.

I would love to be more confident in myself and get on with working. I just don't see how talking to them about irrelevant matters is helping me believe in myself. Hopefully I'll find work that I'm happy with soon enough.

Mr.P, I've just updated my post. I tend to use American spelling in a lot of things which is frustrating. Advisor in the UK is commonly used to describe the role and Adviser plays but for some reason I used it as the person theirself rather than their job.

I didn't have a leg to stand on regarding the mandatory job search. This is where I need to be more confident. I didn't have the confidence to say it was too much because he'd said "By next time, you are to have applied for at least 4 jobs and contacted 10 employers with a brief description for each on why you applied/felt you wanted the job." Because he didn't ask me to confirm and just assumed I'd agreed with the terms, the letter was printed and given to me before I left. I didn't feel I could do anything about it.

Surely if they say they're a support for us to help find work then setting the barrier smaller is a great help? Even if it was just 4 to apply for and 4 or 5 to contact, that's 8 or 9 which settles me a bit more than 14.

I might do the Yellow Pages. At least it's still something that may help me find work. Anything is better than nothing, I guess.

That is what I've gotten from my current experience with them and it's absolutely terrifying.

Being an ex computing student at level 3, changing my passwords became a priority. I genuinely forgot my password and he got me to change it whilst I was there. I didn't feel comfortable with it but felt sick when thinking of asking why he wanted to logon to it and how it helps them support me being logged into my personal emails.

I can't wait until it's all over. It's what has put some friends of mine off. It's too much bull for them to even consider doing it.

(If there are any spelling mistakes, I'll correct them when I go on my computer.)

Advisor/adviser - Matters not (to me) which one you use. I wouldn't worry about spelling or grammar here, no one will think any less of you for it (just don't use txt sp33k).

Many people, myself included, recommend having a separate email account specifically for job applications and another for "official" communications - I have a dozen or so for various purposes, and one reserved exclusively for the likes of A4e (all emails to be sent to /dev/null ).

Advisor/adviser - Matters not (to me) which one you use. I wouldn't worry about spelling or grammar here, no one will think any less of you for it (just don't use txt sp33k).

Many people, myself included, recommend having a separate email account specifically for job applications and another for "official" communications - I have a dozen or so for various purposes, and one reserved exclusively for the likes of A4e (all emails to be sent to /dev/null ).

I remember giving my email address to the advisor on my 1st appointment, then a few weeks down the line the advisor would send me emails regarding job interviews she had forwarded me for, and I'd hardly ever used my email address, I wanted to say 'would it have not been easier for you to just call me?'

I wanted to say 'would it have not been easier for you to just call me?'

Phone calls cost money and take up time. emails are essentially free and can be spammed to multiple recipients at no extra cost.I had specified my preferred form of contact was by way of written letter. Phone calls got the response of "which part of in writing do you not understand.... Assuming you can write..."

This was done in full knowledge that it would cost them both time and money to post a letter.

Phone calls cost money and take up time. emails are essentially free and can be spammed to multiple recipients at no extra cost.I had specified my preferred form of contact was by way of written letter. Phone calls got the response of "which part of in writing do you not understand.... Assuming you can write..."

This was done in full knowledge that it would cost them both time and money to post a letter.

Aaahhh I see, I remember calling in sick on 2 seperate occasions and the receptionist would say my advisor would call me back with a new appointment....no call, then 2 days later a letter of a new appointment, I didn't get it, it baffled me to think why didn't she just call me or email an appointment, but a 2 day arrival letter?