Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2429 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can Ingeus force me to do anything work related even though I'm on ESA?

I ask as I find it hard to say no to stuff yet I would like to give things a go but not to the point of having a break down. I want to say no sometimes but feel like I'm not allowed to or my benefits will be stopped.

It will be a good while before I can even think about getting into work so being forced to do any kind will end up sending me the other way.

Their lack of understanding plus my adviser saying to me 'what kind of girl would want you in you current situation' still effects me and makes me angry every time I hear his voice now to the point where I don't want to talk to him due to having no trust and hating him.

I have worked really hard to get to this point but all this crap has sent me back so much. It doesn't help that I keep having mild suicidal thoughts which I haven't had for such a long time. My anxiety/depression has gotten bad and feel like there's no hope for the future even though I was so positive before I started with Ingeus.

The manager I spoke to in December said I would be able to space my sessions out so they are monthly to start with but my adviser keeps ignoring this and calls me every 2 weeks.

They have also been told that I need to keep my stress levels down due to me being on Roccutane but they don't care.

I'm going to see my GP though I don't know if that will help.

Edited by PandaPawPaw

As an ESA claimant your adviser may not mandate you to:

• Apply for jobs
  • Go on work experience or other types of unpaid work
  • Undertake medical treatment

You could, if you liked, write to the manager of the WP provider and ask to change adviser. If you do so, keep the letter simple and don't rant and rave.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

That's good to hear then.

I'll talk to the Manager on the phone when I next have to speak to my adviser.

Apparently some person from their mental health team was meant to contact me this week but no sign of it. I don't have much hope of them being any good seeing as they aren't any good at advising my adviser.

Also how the mental health team can give any advice without actually talking to me in the first place is mind boggling.

Edited by honeybee13
Pejorative term.

hi can anyone inform me as to the 3 days u can only have off with ingeus is it 3 days withing 2 year course or is 3 days withing a year or 3 times withing 6 months?

Two periods of sickness in any one 52 week period - This can be up to 14 days each time, but you must fill in a JSA28 and send it in to the DWP.

You can also take time off for a holiday - I think you are allowed 14 days per year within the UK. Again, you need to fill in a form at the JCP and it is advisable to inform the WP provider as they have been known to book a mandatory appointment and raise a benefit doubt (a.k.a. sanction) while someone is away.

If the holiday is overseas, then you would need to sign off and make a rapid reclaim on your return - There is no limit on how long you are away or how many breaks you can take... If you were to take more than 14 days off or wanted additional breaks within the UK, again, you would need to sign off and reclaim on your return.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Two periods of sickness in any one 52 week period - This can be up to 14 days each time, but you must fill in a JSA28 and send it in to the DWP.

You can also take time off for a holiday - I think you are allowed 14 days per year within the UK. Again, you need to fill in a form at the JCP and it is advisable to inform the WP provider as they have been known to book a mandatory appointment and raise a benefit doubt (a.k.a. sanction) while someone is away.

If the holiday is overseas, then you would need to sign off and make a rapid reclaim on your return - There is no limit on how long you are away or how many breaks you can take... If you were to take more than 14 days off or wanted additional breaks within the UK, again, you would need to sign off and reclaim on your return.

i phoned in sick as a was badly not well past few days and it was just a 1 on 1 appointment with my adviser she sayed she would arrange another appointment and asked if i had used my 3 sick days i sayed not sure but sayed a have one now so would i need to fill out a JSA28? due to it only been one day as i will be back in for my new appointment next week.

hope to hear back from u thanks

Just mandated to work programme with Ingeus as an ESA WRAG claimant with a 12 month prognosis.

If i were to appeal to upper tribunal and win support group what would happen with regards to my participation in WP? Would i still be manadatory or would i become voluntary? Also if i became voluntary would my two year 'clock' keep ticking or would i have another two years to do if i was ever mandated again (which hopefully won't be the case but you can never be certain)?

From https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/264161/wp-pg-chapter-2.pdf:

Participant changes in circumstances during the Work Programme

7. During their 104 weeks on the Work Programme, some participants will have changes in their circumstances, and some may change benefit (Further information regarding participant changes of circumstance can be found in: Work Programme Guidance Chapter 5 – Change of Circumstances).

8. You remain responsible for supporting these participants regardless of these changes but the nature of their participation may change. You should ensure that the activities that you require of a participant are in line with the participation requirements defined by their current claimant group.

So in answer to your question(s)... Your participation in the Work Programme would become voluntary and you could not be mandated to undertake any activity. The 104 week clock would still be ticking from the date you originally engaged with the provider.

By moving over to the Support Group, you would be unlikely to be mandated to participate in any other scheme unless the rules change or you revert to a WRAG claimant.

From https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/264161/wp-pg-chapter-2.pdf:

So in answer to your question(s)... Your participation in the Work Programme would become voluntary and you could not be mandated to undertake any activity. The 104 week clock would still be ticking from the date you originally engaged with the provider.

By moving over to the Support Group, you would be unlikely to be mandated to participate in any other scheme unless the rules change or you revert to a WRAG claimant.

Thankyou for that.

when u are with ingeus does your sickness limit still start form the 1st of january or is it from the month u started with ingeus and it restarts the next year on the same month?

hope u can shed some light on this thanks

when u are with ingeus does your sickness limit still start form the 1st of january or is it from the month u started with ingeus and it restarts the next year on the same month?

hope u can shed some light on this thanks

It starts from the date that you originally claimed JSA - the fact that you're with Ingeus makes no difference.

So for example, if you first claimed JSA on June 6th 2012, your 52 week period starts on June 6th each year.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

It starts from the date that you originally claimed JSA - the fact that you're with Ingeus makes no difference.

So for example, if you first claimed JSA on June 6th 2012, your 52 week period starts on June 6th each year.

yeh a fought this but wanted to double check.

can u shed any light on Mandatory appointment with ingeus would the letter for my appointment say Mandatory on it? or not? as i have had letter but its only been for 1 on 1 appointments nothing else.

Please have a read of https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/264163/wp-pg-chapter-3a-22-october-2012.pdf There is specific wording that must be used for any mandatory appointment - Annex 1 of the above document is what should be followed.If the letter does not say "mandatory" and/or is missing the pescribed text and ESF+JCP logos, it is invalid.

Well done. Some of the advisers are nothing more than 'robots' working to a script and are not really allowed to use their judgement to 'sift out' the good from the bad, they HAVE to treat everyone as a 'doesn't want a job at any price'. Bit like the Council treating everyone as a 'won't pay Council tax' instead of 'can't pay'.

antone

why do the ingeus advisors say have u used up your 3 days off?

I don't really know. My first thought would be that they have no clue what they're talking about.

I don't really know. My first thought would be that they have no clue what they're talking about.

yeh well my ingeus based one advisor usually say if u phone in sick and ask to re schedule your appointment they will ask have u used your 3 days your aloud off over a certain period of time but yet when i ask them what is the period of time is it a year 2 year 6months they say a dont know why dont u know if u just asked me if i have used up my 3days off over a certain period of time lol,