Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2429 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wasnt talking about anyone here so please dont make assumptions.

I am sure everyone here treats people with respect but it goes without saying that when ill and disabled people in poverty get sanctioned or treated badly then there is going to be angry clients. Its part of the job and if you cant handle it then do something else.

I am sure that the staff you speak to at the job centre have nothing to do with your sanction.

Part of your job isn't to be treated like rubbish.

coronobog I think you may need to consider just howe you word your posts, yes your posts could be taken the wrong way and I very nearly did.

To put it bluntly here for you no it is not part of the job and yes do you know what it is part of my daily working life do I have to accept it no I don't, do I accept ot no I don't I ask people to treat me with a little respect and if that can't be given then I will walk away, simple as that. Respect is a two way street.

If you have been to the GP surgery recently, a hospital, bank building society to name but a few have you seen signs dotted around stating that staff deserve to be treated fairly and without abuse, why is it any different just because I work in a JCP office?

Also don't make assumptions about staff going back to a nice warm home with a warm meal and bed waiting for them it isn't always the case. The benevolent fund is being called on more and more and someone I work with has had need for that and also the foodbank etc

coronobog I think you may need to consider just howe you word your posts, yes your posts could be taken the wrong way and I very nearly did.

To put it bluntly here for you no it is not part of the job and yes do you know what it is part of my daily working life do I have to accept it no I don't, do I accept ot no I don't I ask people to treat me with a little respect and if that can't be given then I will walk away, simple as that. Respect is a two way street.

If you have been to the GP surgery recently, a hospital, bank building society to name but a few have you seen signs dotted around stating that staff deserve to be treated fairly and without abuse, why is it any different just because I work in a JCP office?

Also don't make assumptions about staff going back to a nice warm home with a warm meal and bed waiting for them it isn't always the case. The benevolent fund is being called on more and more and someone I work with has had need for that and also the foodbank etc

Indeed - when I worked full time for the DWP (15 years ago) I was taking home around £800 a month, certainly not a good wage, even in those days - A one bed flat in my area was about £400 a month, so hardly a living wage then for a single person, and would be tougher now.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

I have not been sanctioned but many people have and unfairly.

But I am sure that the staff are happy knowing that they have a home to go to with a nice meal and a warm bed.

Nobody should be treated like rubbish and this is my point. However how do you expect people to react when there only income

Is stopped because of some trivial mistake or mix up.

Things are going to get much worse. Dwp staff will be killed. You have the government to thank for that.

Enough. Seriously, enough. Insults directed at DWP staff are not permitted here (and nor, if you're wondering, are insults directed at those claiming benefits).

DWP staffers posting here are doing so in their free time, they are not paid, and as you yourself are aware, they get abused enough in work - why the heck would they show up here and help our members if they are to be regarded as targets for recreational abuse?

Stop this now. This is not negotiable.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Apologies, didnt mean for the topic to reach this length, but in a way people have got it off their chests, I feel for flumps abuse I really do, she's just doing her job and for people to throw the rattle out of their pram just because they don't get their own way is beyond belief, as flumps said about genuine people wanting to find work, I was 1 if them and it did me no favours, at the JCP I was always treated right, but at the WP I felt I was treated no differently than those who give abuse, my advisor was such a nice person, but she was evasive at the times when I most needed help, she would blank me when I would ask for advice about jobs etc, and I would away wondering what I did wrong, I was a quiet and reserved person and always fully respected advisors at the JCP and the WP, they're just doing what anyone would do what they get paid for

bye

dont slam the door

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I dont want any more to do with this charade any longer so before the dwp have a chance to sanction my account I am leaving. By coronobog.

DWP sanction your account??? What? Who exactly reads through these? I mean have advisors at WP and DWP got time to read through these? I can't imagine everyone of them will be aware of this like

I dont want any more to do with this charade any longer so before the dwp have a chance to sanction my account I am leaving. By coronobog.

DWP sanction your account??? What? Who exactly reads through these? I mean have advisors at WP and DWP got time to read through these? I can't imagine everyone of them will be aware of this like

There are a few DWP advisers who read through the threads and offer useful advice. This they do in their free time and they're not being paid. As such, we insist that they are treated respectfully, just as we insist that benefit claimants are treated respectfully.

On your second point you are, of course, correct - no-one will be sanctioned for what they post here. While we don't permit it, "saying nasty things about DWP staff" is not a sanctionable offence, and in any case, DWP staff have enough to do without spending time trawling internet message boards looking for adverse comments.

Posters are, of course, welcome under CAG rules to criticise DWP policy, operational delivery and so on.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Coronobog I will not hide behing PM's unlike you.

If you have something to say then say it in fullview of other posters and don't hide behing PM's.

I may take abuse at work (to an extent) but I will not be spoken to like that in my own time, how dare you send me such a nasty message.

I hope you never require any help or advice.

If I can help someone on this forum by giving a bit of advice then I damn well will and I won't and never have portrayed myself as Mother Teresa but will not answer any further post made by you.

Yes I have reported your messge .

Absolutely disgusting behaviour.

• Haha 1

I second what Rae said. Very useful having someone who works for DWP / JCP here.

Thirded (is that a word? :-) )

You're a credit to the DWP Flumps and, just reading this never ending thread alone, give a lot of time and provide so much help on this site - good on ya ;-)

Coronobog I will not hide behing PM's unlike you.

If you have something to say then say it in fullview of other posters and don't hide behing PM's.

I may take abuse at work (to an extent) but I will not be spoken to like that in my own time, how dare you send me such a nasty message.

I hope you never require any help or advice.

If I can help someone on this forum by giving a bit of advice then I damn well will and I won't and never have portrayed myself as Mother Teresa but will not answer any further post made by you.

Yes I have reported your messge .

Absolutely disgusting behaviour.

flumps, I'm appalled that you've received an abusive pm. I suspect the guy was trying to incite an argument, typical troll like behaviour. I'm sorry you've been the target of his abuse.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

thank you ims21, nystagmite and rae, unfortunately trolls seem to be invincible and will pop up time and time again :(

but I am not going anywhere sorry!

my husband is disgusted after readiing the message too

I don't know (or want to know!) what was said. It was clearly out of order. Please don't take offence and leave us as your posts have been very valuable to a lot of people.

Thanks and have a good break.

I have my first appointment at Ingeus in a couple of weeks and I am worried. I am 57 years old and I have been unemployed for just over a year. Prior to this I was on ESA as I was declared unfit to work. I suffer with depression, anxiety and have bouts of panic paranior. It is under control with daily medication but it does make me very nervous at interviews and the thought of working in a environment with lots of people. My condition therefore affects my day to day living.

I don't know how the staff at Ingeus will view me, or deal with me. I can't accept just any old job, but I fear they will force me to. Any opinions please?

It's not right staff getting clients having a to at them at the DWP, does the same type of abuse happen at the WP?

Yes, on a daily basis.

Unfortunately some people take it upon themselves to attempt to control the situation in a manner that's worked for them in the past, either through the use of foul language, threatening gestures and behaviour or attempting to demean their adviser through "I'm far cleverer than you" type tactics.

It was a sad yet unavoidable part of the job, even when you're being more than reasonable with someone that they would choose to try to push it that little further.

I was regularly 'squared up to', called all sorts of names (actually some of it was quite funny), and even told that until I presented my degree certificate that the person I was dealing with was not going to listen to me as I was clearly not very clever. Needless to say I framed it and sat it on my desk for his next appointment...

Yes, on a daily basis.

That's heartening news.

Unfortunately some people take it upon themselves to attempt to control the situation in a manner that's worked for them in the past, either through the use of foul language, threatening gestures and behaviour or attempting to demean their adviser through "I'm far cleverer than you" type tactics.

And a good deal of the time they would be correct in that assumption.

It was a sad yet unavoidable part of the job, even when you're being more than reasonable with someone that they would choose to try to push it that little further.

It's a sad yet unavoidable part of being mandated to WP, even when someone is being more than reasonable with an 'adviser', the 'adviser' still insists on being unreasonable, and objectionable, a sanction threat usually follows.

The pimps get all they deserve IMHO.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.