• Tweets

• Thanks for posting the CPR contents. i do wish you hadn't blanked out the dates and times since at times they can be relevant . Can you please repost including times and dates. They say that they sent a copy of  the original  PCN that they sent to the Hirer  along with your hire agreement documents. Did you receive them and if so can you please upload the original PCN without erasing dates and times. If they did include  all the paperwork they said, then that PCN is pretty near compliant except for their error with the discount time. In the Act it isn't actually specified but to offer a discount for 14 days from the OFFENCE is a joke. the offence occurred probably a couple of months prior to you receiving your Notice to Hirer.  Also the words in parentheses n the Act have been missed off. Section 14 [5][c] (c)warn the hirer that if, after the period of 21 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice to hirer is given, the amount of unpaid parking charges referred to in the notice to keeper under paragraph 8(2)(f) or 9(2)(f) (as the case may be) has not been paid in full, the creditor will (if any applicable requirements are met) have the right to recover from the hirer so much of that amount as remains unpaid; Though it states "if any applicable ...." as opposed to "if all applicable......" in Section 8 or 9. Maybe the Site could explain what the difference between the two terms mean if there is a difference. Also on your claim form they keeper referring to you as the driver or the keeper.  You are the Hirer and only the Hirer is responsible for the charge EVEN IF THEY WEREN'T THE DRIVER. So they cannot pursue the driver and nowhere in the Hirer section of the Act is the hirer ever named as the keeper so NPC are pursuing the wrong person.  
    • This is simply a scam site.  It's been shown to be a scam in the national press and on national TV. Please fill in the the forum sticky and upload the invoice you've received. In fact what you have is an invoice, not a fine, a private company doesn't have the power to issue fines.  
    • Moved to the Private Parking forum.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2456 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just like it's predecessor Flexible New Deal, the Work Programme is a confidence trick of huge proportions, a wizard wheeze to line the pockets of the providers and their ministerial backers, why else would anyone in their right mind prop up a scheme that patently does not work, and in this economy never will.

I find it utterly distasteful to see these odious ponces promoting and peddling the most low paid demoralising jobs in today's market as the next best thing to sliced bread.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This threads rubbish! It working I tell you really WORKING! Now all of you pull your socks up stop posting and engage engage engage! Greyling loves you all :whoo:

Note these fantastical views I've expressed my be complete and utter cods wallop and be due to a period of substantial mental instability :madgrin:

http://johnnyvoid.wordpress.com/2012/07/10/grayling-hands-blank-cheque-to-welfare-to-work-industry/

I know chris grayling loves me...he sent me a cunningly worded invitation for 'an opportunity' he wanted me to visit those lovely people at ATOS...whom also wanted to give me the 'opportunity' to re-engage with the UK workforce....so i did.....and got shafted.....

On the News Wed Evening - G4S Olympic Security have got their comeupards and been shown for the charlatens they are - MOD have had to put 3,000 extra Troops to cover the G4S shortfall in 'Mandated' Volunteers - I believe they may be told to pay back the money they been already given because they are not able to fulfill their Contract.

One of the pimps in the Spotlight - how soon are the others going to get the Spotlight put on them - I bet a few are quaking in their shoes and working on how to swing this one - including Her in her Ivory Mansion and all the Others.

At long last people High Up are seeing how they have been Conned out of Taxpayers Money. Roll on the Steamroller - hope they flaten the lot - Cheaper in the long run - Sort out the few that are doing a Proper Job of it and helping people as they all should have been doing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-18644539

travellers convicted of servitude trial...hang on..isnt this what the Govt are doing?

Lets not be THAT offensive to the Labour Government, which introduced workfare through the New Deal and Flexible New Deal when they were in office 1997-2010.

oh i quite agree...labour are no better than the sorry mess we have now....this govt have simply refined the process....but labour started this shambles.....the 'old' labour party are dead and buried....the career politicians of today have no concept of what ordinary people struggling in this country, have to endure for their 'city' friends

Human rights law will be extended to include the right to claim benefits and enjoy a comfortable standard of living courtesy of the taxpayer under plans unveiled last night.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2172260/The-human-right-claim-benefits-Jobless-sue-better-payments-controversial-plan.html#ixzz20OjDEcgl

If only.....Typical Daily Mail, the article is accompanied by a photo of four beer swilling, hoodie, spliff smoking, layabouts (models of course).

Right you lot! Dress attire for the next WCA will be a hoodie, and a baseball cap, essential accessories are a large Camberwell carrot, and a bottle of lager, don't forget the huge gold chain and a Blackberry. (Burberry scarves are optional)

Edited by osdset

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

I an just about sick of this government that is supposed to be there for the population if the UK not just to line their own and their friends pockets!

Why do those on benefits always get made out to be scroungers? I have worked all my life, well till last year, paid taxes, now I am ill I should be allowed to be supported by the benefits system and live in peace without fear of others around me thinking I am getting something for nothing!:-x

ah ...welcome to the world of the 'benefit scrounger' we are now all tarred by this right wing parasitic govt..by the same brush....and why should you be supported? get a bloody job....you cant be THAT ill....remember even a paraplegic can work...whats wrong with you? bloody scroungers taking my hard earned tax.....get it? unfortunately for you, myself, and many others this is what we have to live by...

ah ...welcome to the world of the 'benefit scrounger' we are now all tarred by this right wing parasitic govt..by the same brush....and why should you be supported? get a bloody job....you cant be THAT ill....remember even a paraplegic can work...whats wrong with you? bloody scroungers taking my hard earned tax.....get it? unfortunately for you, myself, and many others this is what we have to live by...

:-x Dont I blooming know it!

Human rights law will be extended to include the right to claim benefits and enjoy a comfortable standard of living courtesy of the taxpayer under plans unveiled last night.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2172260/The-human-right-claim-benefits-Jobless-sue-better-payments-controversial-plan.html#ixzz20OjDEcgl

Well I couldn't resist and decided to have my tuppence worth.

I posted a comment which, whilst not flattering, was not in any way abusive.

Of course it wasn't included in their comments and I received the following e-mail.:

Your account has been permanently de- activated for going against the Community Guidelines.

You are no longer allowed to post on the Daily Mail or other Associated Newspapers Ltd sites using this or any other user. Please be advised that should you post again we reserve the right to contact your ISP/employer and seek that action is taken against you.

Regards,

Senior Community Editor

Daily Mail

So much for free speech.

Good luck with contacting my employer!

Of course it wasn't included in their comments and I received the following e-mail.:

Your account has been permanently de- activated for going against the Community Guidelines.

You are no longer allowed to post on the Daily Mail or other Associated Newspapers Ltd sites using this or any other user. Please be advised that should you post again we reserve the right to contact your ISP/employer and seek that action is taken against you.

Regards,

Senior Community Editor

Daily Mail

So much for free speech.

What did you post? Go on............. spill the beans. Edited by osdset

Can someone please give me some advice…

I’m currently on JSA and receive an amazing £71 per week, which helps me look for work etc. I’ve been offered a job but its only 8-16 hours per week, I asked my advisor about working under 16 hours and he said I should be able to claim the majority of my JSA?

I want to work, but I don’t want to be worse off!!! I don’t want to say anything to the job centre/work programme provider, as this may affect things…

I don’t want to sign off and be worse off…whilst “Mr Ingeus Bank Ltd” get their bonuses and rent paid for…..

I’ve learnt that its best to keep ones mouth shut when it comes to the work programme, I find the work programme providers aloof and they only concur with you when you’ve got a job!

You can keep the first £5 of your JSA if single, not disabled or a lone parent. It's then deducted £1 for £1. I was told by my adviser that I don't need to take jobs under 16 hours.

I was told something about a form for part time workers.

So much for free speech.

oh dear have you been upsetting daily mail land again?.....now bend over and take your punishment...you naughty person you...

So much for free speech.

Well unfortunately I didn't keep a copy. I just pointed out that they were peddling government propaganda and that their readers should not believe the report. I said I didn't expect they would publish my comment as they were merely government poodles.

No swear words.

Who the **** do they think they are? Threatening to contact employer and ISP provider because they consider that my post was in breach of their guidelines. WTF do they mean "reserve the right" who the hell gave them that right????

Who the **** do they think they are? Threatening to contact employer and ISP provider because they consider that my post was in breach of their guidelines. WTF do they mean "reserve the right" who the hell gave them that right????

Weird that, because I'm always posting really derogatory and inflammatory comments, most of the time they don't get printed, I've never had a warning though, which has given me the hump! Why should you be the only lucky one? I'm off to give 'em some proper stick now.

one must not criticize the govt, or its policies...hence you will notice w2w, atos, and anything relating to benefit websites which try to tell the real truth of what is happening are suddenly 'taken down' with threats....'free speech' not anymore...my parents and grandparents must be turning in their graves...after fighting for this very right....this I will join osdset and see if I can get a warning....it is very interesting that this 'heavy handed' approach is being used or threatened to be used...

Ingeus DoLittle have a look on http://www.turn2us.org.uk/benefits_search.aspx this benefit calculator as it should give you some figures asto what help you may continue to receive.

If you find that with the rioght amount of hours you would be financially better off and wanted to go for it, simply write a letter or return your ES40 to the JCP and you can state that you have found work and would like to close your claim but do not add any emplyoyer info so that the Work Programme providers are unable to contact your employers and you are then able to chose exactly who you speak to on the phone so can feely ignore them despite being contracted to them for a 2 year period.

Can you tell I had a barney with one of our providers yesterday who demanded (yes demanded) information regarding a customer.... my answer was polite yet short and they were told to contact the customer directly as I didn't have the information the were asking and they were also attempting to obtain in an incorrect fashion! didn't like it so I offered to transfer to my line manager to discuss further but they declined and hung up!!!!! There was a note on the clients record stating that they didn't not want the provider to be given any info as they had removed permission under data protection :)

Good on yah flumps1976 :-D

After the fiasco of G4s abysmal performance not only for the Olympics but losing Prisoners and Vans of money, watching while drugs are thrown over Prison Walls etc etc it is only a matter of time before all the other Providers with Government Contracts start to get seriously Spotlighted - It is rather a pattern that these Firms with bad background performance all appear to have Ministers or Friends in High Places that get the Contracts over other Genuine Companies that have High Standards and Ethics.

It seems that the UK is getting as corrupt as some of the foreign countries that are well known for corruption - or perhaps the UK corruption exponants are just getting too cocky for their own good - only trouble is there are only 2 to choose from and once they are in Government they all do as they please and line their Friends and Family Pockets.

Think I will only vote in Council and Parish Elections in future - at least you can get at the Councellors and make life very uncomfortable in public for them.

Lets hope the Silver Vote can make a difference next time round.

At our Residents Public Meeting there was an A4e Supposed Careers Speaker (National Careers Service - No mention of A4e but I already knew) and she wanted everyone to fill in a form even though most People were over 65 to 80 - as a Committee Member I was expected to do likewise but declined - I wasnt giving my name, address phone number and NI No. to go on their Data for them to get paid - or who they would give my details to - just looked at the form again and in the small print - statisitcal and research purposes, and used for making a payment for the advice given to you. After the Presentation I could tell that I could teach her more than she could teach me.

Also flumps I looked at the Council Money Management Advice maybe for Our Friend but when I saw that it was A4e I decided he was better off with me, by the way he has upped his hours to 32 and the PPI reclaim killed his Overdraft and he is now Money Aware now and is £900 + in Credit - mainly with your help and advice .:-D:-D:-D

Edited by silv.surfer

More good news for the struggling job seeker

Next year. The HB/CT roll_on and job grant are being stopped.

One report was made here:- http://www.insidehousing.co.uk/tenancies/government-to-end-extended-payments/6522435.article

More proof if any were needed that this government has no intention or interest in assisting people back into work, both those incentives were 'make or break' for many starting a new job.