Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well I bet that makes MisAyla feel even more depressed...

Not my intention I can assure MisAyla, but forewarned is forearmed .

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is why I am more stressed and anxious than a few months ago too...I foolishly wanted to convince myself of what the realities were possibly going to be if I were still on ESA after assessment etc and have ended up feeling so much worse.....knowledge is only power in certain circumstances....

All I know is how powerless I am.....:-x

I wonder how many people are being affected the same....plenty I am sure.......

That is why I am more stressed and anxious than a few months ago too...I foolishly wanted to convince myself of what the realities were possibly going to be if I were still on ESA after assessment etc and have ended up feeling so much worse.....knowledge is only power in certain circumstances....

Precisely what the system is engineered to do, demoralise you to the point of giving up.

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Your ESA claim

But if go on to JSA it is no different is it? Maybe even worse? Am on ESA because too ill to work but did not have a job...so would still end up on WP would I not....either way if cannot get a job fast enough? And anyway pressure to conform also in JCP so not exactly feeling great about that..

What is alternative if on WP through JSA? None?

No, one could be really unlucky and end up with A4e, or Working Links, in which case hide your wallet/purse.

At least in the CPA 5 Area, serving the North East, Ingeus only compete with Avanta. Thankfully, Working Links were torpedoed from the North East once the Conservatives came into office, and terminated the profligate Flexible New Deal contracts with all due expediency.

I am aware that loop holes are being tightened up and the point I tried to make previously was that you can't be sanctioned for failing to provide a contact number but you can be refered for an availibility doubt as if you can't be contacted by telephone how can an employer contact your to arrange interviews etc as not everything can be conducted via letter or email?

As someone also posted forewarned is forearmed and if everyone goes in blazing demanding telephone numbers are removed then they will get wise and make the referrals to make a point more than anything, speaking to WP providers (not a highlight of my day I assure you) is that they are so peeved when they can't contact people directly so they proudly inform me they are going to raise an entitlement doubt on availability!

Only passing on potential useful info as I said not wanting to make trouble :o

The fares for help with items to help remove the barrier should be considered if there is a job offer and the customer cannot physically start work without work boots etc. They don't like to pay out but that is what their referral fee that they claim is intended to be used for and we are making complaints that they aren't following the contracts that they agreed to and signed over 12 months ago.

I am aware that loop holes are being tightened up and the point I tried to make previously was that you can't be sanctioned for failing to provide a contact number but you can be refered for an availibility doubt as if you can't be contacted by telephone how can an employer contact your to arrange interviews etc as not everything can be conducted via letter or email?

Sorry, but there is no logic in that.

So lets say I have a land_line. I refuse to give my number, they(WP) raise a doubt. I would find it strange it would cause sanction. If it did, then that could infer:-

You give WP land_line number, they then state they attempted contact (via land_line), but you failed to answer, which would allow them to raise doubt- cause sanction.

I know they will attempt to close loopholes(the loopholes being out rights) by various means. I believe the oncoming universal credit will place rules for us to hand over information/details to enable WP to make their money.

No, one could be really unlucky and end up with A4e, or Working Links, in which case hide your wallet/purse.

Sorry but what is an A4e and Working Links? You can tell I'm completely new to all of this.

Sorry but what is an A4e and Working Links? You can tell I'm completely new to all of this.

Just to add to Slatted's reply, A4e and Working Links are providers that hit the headlines recently for fraud allegations, Google A4e or Emma Harrison (the CEO), it's fun bedtime reading!

Someone needs to get a recording of a work program provider making all these 'sanctions threats'. It may or may not be admissible in court or at a tribunal, but I suspect there are a few newspapers who would love to print a transcript.

I've done exactly that, and have a complaint of attempted bribery/fraud and sanction threats (along with a typed transcript and CD of the digital recording) that's been sent to both the provider and my MP...

I've meetings with both today as the formal complaints only landed on their respective doormats a couple of days ago (according to the recorded proof of delivery).

Will be happy to report what I can later today ;)

Edit to add..

I'm aware I can't broadcast the audio recording itself without breaching the Data Protection Act, but where would I stand on publishing a written transcript of the recorded conversation?

I have been attending ingeus for about 6 months now and they have been no help what so ever. Not one job search! My advisor does not return my phone calls or emails when I need advice about jobs. I told him I was looking in to working away from home and he asked me to forward the links to the vacancies through email as he wanted to get a ''feel'' for them.... whatever that meant? 3 weeks past and still no email or phone call so I phoned him and his excuse for not getting back to me was rather appalling! He laughed and said he is not very good at admin! No apology or anything. Is admin not a big part of his job? I phoned him again last week for advice for a job away from home and the receptionist said he would call me back... still waiting for that call lol I was supposed to attend at 11:30am today. Totally disgusted with this place so I will not be going. I know I will probably be sanctioned for not attending but I really don't give a **** anymore!

I have been attending ingeus for about 6 months now and they have been no help what so ever. Not one job search! My advisor does not return my phone calls or emails when I need advice about jobs. I told him I was looking in to working away from home and he asked me to forward the links to the vacancies through email as he wanted to get a ''feel'' for them.... whatever that meant? 3 weeks past and still no email or phone call so I phoned him and his excuse for not getting back to me was rather appalling! He laughed and said he is not very good at admin! No apology or anything. Is admin not a big part of his job? I phoned him again last week for advice for a job away from home and the receptionist said he would call me back... still waiting for that call lol I was supposed to attend at 11:30am today. Totally disgusted with this place so I will not be going. I know I will probably be sanctioned for not attending but I really don't give a **** anymore!

Hi Andrea87.

You have my sympathy! All I can say is don't be too hasty. Being sanctioned is not fun and they will not hesitate to do it if you don't turn up for appointments without good reason (they will even try to sanction you if you do have a good reason!).

You say they have been no help. Well millions of us feel the same way! In the circumstances the best that can be hoped for and worked towards is that they don't do too much damage! Try to let their nonsense wash over you.

Breathe deeply, stay calm and remember that you are better than them.

Edited by Bakatcha

Dont be too hard on the pleb... after all, Ingeus is only a Welfare To Work Organisation, it occupies a place in the economic food chain at a lower point than Job Centre Plus, and its Administrative Clerks are less qualified, competent and experienced than Clerks within Job Centre Plus.

I went to an Igneus Branch in a shack in a dodgy part of Chorley, Lancashire, after being sent there even though I'm off sick after a nervous breakdown and depression.

I also want a job, for the record.

It was supposed to be a 'one on one' meeting with an advisor allocated to me because of my circumstances. I turned up and he didn't. So I left. I then had my benefits cut.

I have since been twice more, but to the Preston Branch, and the experience has been awful both times. I can't even say how bad this company treats you.

I still have not had my benefits restored and am at the end of my tether with my phone cut off and no food being the worst thing that happened until I was forced to borrow money because of these leeches.

I wrote this on a mates PC as I can't afford to run one. I am close to ending it all, but my mate is unaware of this.

If I do, please look into what the heck is going on with these idiots on my behalf. I can't take anymore. Thanks.

Preston Branch will be the one to contact if I do - but I'm trying my best to hang on in there.

I went to an Igneus Branch in a shack in a dodgy part of Chorley, Lancashire, after being sent there even though I'm off sick after a nervous breakdown and depression.

I also want a job, for the record.

It was supposed to be a 'one on one' meeting with an advisor allocated to me because of my circumstances. I turned up and he didn't. So I left. I then had my benefits cut.

I have since been twice more, but to the Preston Branch, and the experience has been awful both times. I can't even say how bad this company treats you.

I still have not had my benefits restored and am at the end of my tether with my phone cut off and no food being the worst thing that happened until I was forced to borrow money because of these leeches.

I wrote this on a mates PC as I can't afford to run one. I am close to ending it all, but my mate is unaware of this.

If I do, please look into what the heck is going on with these idiots on my behalf. I can't take anymore. Thanks.

Preston Branch will be the one to contact if I do - but I'm trying my best to hang on in there.

Please don't do anything rash...!!

Have you spoken to your GP as it seems your depression is worse....and it may be that any form of WP should not be considered at the moment..You are presumably on ESA WRAG so maybe you need to let the JCP know of your health issues with a note from the GP to help support this if possible.

Maybe your claim should be reviewed as you have had a change in health?

Have you appealed the decision to sanction you as it seems you would have had a good point?

How long did they say the sanction was for?

They do not deserve to win so do not give in....please.....:sad:

Hello,

Are you currently claiming JSA? If you are, you should start a claim for ESA due to illness.

If you are on ESA, then which ESA?. Is it ESA WRAG(cont) or ESA WRAG(income based)?

hi has anyone seen the article from Channel 4 News website titled "exclusive A4E finds jobs for 3.5 per cent of job-seekers" it's a very eye opening article.

Quoting from the article which I found was very disgusted and humiliating for the person involved

"Karen Turner, who was also placed on an A4e scheme described the process as "humiliating". She told Channel 4 News she was told she had to take a Chlamydia test on her first day on the programme. The service was so poor she said, she eventually complained to her MP."

Why would the work programme want to know that the client has got chlamydia or not it's none of their business and it wont affect their job search if she did have it they can't really sanction if she refused any way so why do it.

Edited by Me Myself and I

She told Channel 4 News she was told she had to take a Chlamydia test on her first day on the programme. .

Ok, seriously? W T F. :jaw: Since the hell when has that been a matter for Work Providers, or indeed Employers.

I have never, ever, ever seen a job that required a chlamydia test.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]