Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

yep its a wonderful corrupt system that has been created..where only the fittest survive....darwinism in action....the rich at the top of the heap doing exactly what they want..whilst the rest of us scramble around for the crumbs.....labour arent going to save us...they are simply conservatives in sheeps clothing and osdset is exactly as usual spot on...it was them that started this welfare reform....the tory's have just carried it on...we still would have had a similar situation if brown had managed to win.....so where do we go? I'm lucky fast heading towards 60 so I am not going to be around to see the future...but by god it looks bleak for my kids and grandkids....

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lets not forget that Labour instigated the Remploy Closure Programme in 2008 .... the justification for closing then as now is that the subsidy per job through Remploy (£25,000) is considerably greater than the subsidy per job through the then Flexible New Deal and Work Programme.

Lets also not forget that the taxpayer subsidy for the Commons catering service rose to £5.8 million last year, for every £10 an MP spent on food and drink, the taxpayer added a top-up of £7.60.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Lets also not forget that the taxpayer subsidy for the Commons catering service rose to £5.8 million last year, for every £10 an MP spent on food and drink, the taxpayer added a top-up of £7.60.

ah yes....but you have to remember these people need this service and more..they work incredibly hard for their constituents and country...excuse me whilst i choke....

We have them working in our office, they have to get a full check etc, then do jobs such as analysing the staff survey, organising the lean boards etc.

Its not good, they have no chance of a job at the end of it, and look bored to tears most of the time or walk around in a huddle.

They have no access to any systems.

They seem young, very young and its very sad...

I sat there watching the jubilee celebrations and our Queen. It was good, but i couldn't get out of my mind those poor kids out in the cold with only a plastic poncho, t shirt and combat trousers. That could have been my grandson as he has been out of work and comes from one of the areas the slaves.. whoops, volunteers came from.

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

puts me in mind of my dear old Mum. She wrote to various governments and MPs demanding to kno0w when her "Post War Credits" would be paid.

They were eventually though, of course, in much devalued currency.

Reminds me of my dear old Mum.

Had a bee in her bonnet abouit post war credits and wrote to many MPs demanding that they keep their promise to refund these voluntary loans soon after WW2.

Eventually they were repaid but in much devalued 60s currency.

never trust a politician eh?

It brilliant that one of the pimp Companys have been caught with their trousers down - sorry no pun meant in this case - intended as the old fashioned comment - It at last has been brought into the open only one of the many types of abuse these Providers are using, anyone official that believes that it was - Only an accident Sir - should take off their official blinkers. :mad2:

This Company should have their Licence to provide Security at the Olympics withdrawn - perhaps this would give the Big Frequent Offenders a boot up the rear to clean up their activities. Well we can but hope. Perhaps hell will freeze over before the "Investigation" even gets under way. :-x

Interesting to note that all the job seekers were coached in from Bristol, Bath, and Portsmouth, none were from London. These people were offered the carrot of a job Stewarding at the Olympics which is being held in London, was the 'camping' experience a lead up to what they could expect if getting a place? Camping out for the duration of the placement?

That did cross my mind osdset that none were Locals - are Tomorrows People only Coastal or do they cover Home Counties and Outer London. If they cover more Local Areas why bus people so far.

Late on Wed night on TV the Tomorrows People Boss said the People had been booked into a Camp Site with Facilities etc. if that was the case why were they dumped under a Bridge and I remember one of the people said they could'nt put tents on concrete - so that possibly WAS the Camp Site - Someone is lying - It doesn't take many guesses who ! :evil:

When I looked at the Link that showed the Company Finances it looked to me that they would be very lucky to last untill the Olympics - Perhaps that is why they are bringing in people from distances in order to collect a Handout for giving them work and then the people wont be able to claim the Job Start for another 6 months because there has been a break in their JSA - more money saved for DWP

I would love to know with a FOI Question "How many Jobs are waiting for these people and the Olympics Stewards local to where they live? "

I know that there was at least one camp site situated in a park in West Ham, which is about a mile from Stratford in East London.

Stratford is part of Newham which is one of the poorest boroughs in London, there are currently nine job seekers for every vacancy almost twice the national average.

Newham has more than enough of it's own unemployed available to fill any vacancy at the Olympic games many times over, I would like to know why priority is not being given to local job seekers, this is a double blow to the area as when the Olympic site was under construction most of the workforce were imported from virtually every area except Newham.

The (excellent) Huffington Post has an article here: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/06/05/kerry-mccarthy-mp-jubilee-workfare-unemployed_n_1570067.html?ref=mostpopular

and an open letter to Ed Milliband from backbench MPEoin Clarke:

http://eoin-clarke.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/open-letter-to-ed-miliband.html?spref=tw

I can't help thinking how ironic it would be if the bastion of right wing toryism (the monarchy) was inadvertently responsible for the destruction of the Tory's flagship policy. Long way to go yet though. "Eating Elepahants is easy - one bite at a time" is one of the many silly, supposedly motivational slogans stuck to the wall of my local A4e prison - may be true in this case. Keep chipping away.

Edited by Bakatcha
spelling stupid!

Hmm! Just noticed that this page has a pop up advert for A4e's/Enemma Harrison's "Money Advice" company. Bit dubious that.

I wonder if they can advise how to acquire for personal use £8.6 million of taxpayer's dosh?

Edited by Bakatcha
Didn't like "scam"

I would love to know with a FOI Question "How many Jobs are waiting for these people and the Olympics Stewards local to where they live? "

if this was a 'genuine' opportunity then i also wonder how many who had to undergo this degrading spectacle were offered permanent employment with this wonderful company......my guess ZERO.......

On your JSA agreement, (JSAg) it tells you how far you're expected to travel to look for work. Depending on how many weeks you've been claiming for, this can be 60 or 90 minutes. So, how could they get away with sending people 4 hours away?

I wouldn't trust 'Close Protection UK' to guard a bag of spuds after reading that. Rather a grand company name for such a seemingly poor looking outfit. Dumping bus loads of unemployed people under a bridge and asking them to pitch tents on concrete, making them freeze because the bus driver was 2 hours early (why not wait on the bus for 2 hours!), giving them nowhere to change etc etc Does not give the impression of an elite organisation.

I wonder if Close Protection UK are going to be responsible for guarding any of the surface to air missile sites that will be scattered around London during the Olympics.

Well I guess it beats paying for security!

WELL DONE W2W!!!