Meriva, EPS problem - need help with P.O.C

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4693 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey all,

I have a Meriva that is suffering with the well known EPS problem, however after trying to get Vauxhall (both dealer and Vauxhall themselves) to address it they have failed to do anything. I wrote to the dealer and had no response and sent a copy to Vauxhall who acknowledged the letter but have also failed to reply (despite their statement in their response that they would!).

I've pretty much had enough of them as a company and am 2 days away from submitting a county court claim for the cost of the work needed so I can get it sorted.

I need some help please with the particulars of claim with particular refernece to the Latent Damage Act 1986. Can any one help or advise where I need to post this request?

I'm also going to write to Watchdog and the local press on this and tell them about the poor/no response from Vauxhall - hopefully they will get a another shaming on national TV!

Hey peeps - hopefully you can help?

Can you review my draft Particulars of Claim and advise if they need changing or tweaking? I'm wanting to submit my claim asap.

"1. The Claimant owns a vehicle, registration mark XXXXXXX, manufactured by the Defendant circa 2006 2. Since reporting a common known fault with the vehicle the Defendant has refused to address the matter reasonably or responsibly. 3. The Defendant has received a detailed correspondence regarding the vehicle fault and is aware of a known issue regarding power steering. 4. The vehicle power steering is not fit for purpose and can be considered dangerous. 5. The power steering is required to be replaced and is covered under the Sale of Goods Act & Latent Damage Act. 5. Claimant seeks: an amount of money to cover the cost of repairs to make the vehicle safe - £XXXX; 6. Permitted costs."

I have received a call from Vauxhall today to take the car it to have the work done.

Because of their delay I wrote to watchdog and the local press to tell them about the experience so far but hopefully if Vauxhall come good I wont need to persue this any further.

Nice to see that it is sorted. As an aside, I don't think that the latent damage act is relevant, this applies to negligence. I can't see that is relevant here; you'd want the SOGA only. There are also some other odd things in the POC. If you need to go back down that route come back and we'll have a look.

Nice to see that it is sorted. As an aside, I don't think that the latent damage act is relevant, this applies to negligence. I can't see that is relevant here; you'd want the SOGA only. There are also some other odd things in the POC. If you need to go back down that route come back and we'll have a look.

Hi Kraken1, hopefully it will get sorted.

The reason I quoted the latent damage act was due to the info given under a posting/campaign on the Vauxhall Owners Network about Meriva EPS problems (cant post a link yet).

I'm not sure what to POCs should contain to be honest, just cobbled it together from another expample I've seen elsewhere for a different situation. Hopefully I wont need to revisit this but would appreciate your elp if I do. Many thanks.

Merv.