catalogue arrears not ours

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4701 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My problem or rather my son's problem is a little different to most. He had some goods from a catalogue 5 years ago from one of my friends in the street. He had his little booklet which was marked each time he paid and the agent kept it.

The agent now has real financial troubles and in May another neighbour brought across a letter addressed to my son from an address we have never lived at (we moved houses in the same street 5yrs ago). It was from a catalogue company saying he owed £900+ and he had defaulted and it was to be paid immediatly.

Obviously my son rang the number given and was pushed from pillar to post, one department said it was his debt another said it was the agents and not to worry and then the third department said it was the agents debt and that they would look into it and sort it out.

It's pretty obvious that the agent had still been ordering things for herself and her children and grand kids in my son's name. Now I know why she has 3x 50"tv's in her house.

My problem here is that he has once again got another letter this time they have escalated the debt and are going to transfer it to a collection agency. I know my son needs to send a letter stating that he is not the owner of this debt but Sandrigham House just don't seem to be listening.

I really don't want to get the police involved on this although it is a clear case of identity theft and or obtaining goods by deception. We now live right next door to the culprit and it would cause a lot of friction. Althought they don't seem in the least ashamed of what they have done and still come in and out of my house as they like to use the internet because theirs has been cut off!!!!!!!!!!

Could someone advise me how to go about clearing my son's name from this debt and how to get the catalogue company concerned to actually take this seriously and transfer the debt to it's rightful owner

Stop them visiting your house for a start by making up some excuse about your Internet even if you frigged it to make it appear to be faulty. You really need to appraoch the police as id theft is a serious crime and they are taking advantage of your good nature. What else have they lied about that you don't know about yet?

Thanks for your reply.

Trouble is they know I run internet business and yes I am a fool. I lock the door now in the day cos her hubby just walks straight in he don't even knock. We have always got on with them but they are known to be one of the "hardo" families of the street if you get my drift so reporting them to police is the last resort because we know they will make life hell but it's looking more like will have to bit the bullet and report them.