Tigrent Learning UK/ Rich Dad Education

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3911 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The company in mention is Tigrent Learning ltd, a company supposedly running high quality property investment courses.

They claim to be part of Robert Kiyosaki's Rich Dad empire, a US based adult financial education company founded by the successful entrepreneur himself. The Rich Dad brand is heavily incorporated into all of Tigrent Learning's adverts and study materials, and the degree of usage of Kiyosaki's font, colour scheme, name and images is sufficient to mislead a layperson to believe Tigrent is a UK subsidiary of Kiyosaki's Rich Dad Education. I fell victim to this and paid 997 GBP in March to attend their 3-day seminar.

However on further research the two companies were found to be completely separate and unrelated bodies. In addition, I came across a long history of court injunctions, formal complaints and stories of people who lost tens of thousands of pounds. They also appeared to adopt very predatory sales tactics by bullying attendees to buy top-up courses. So I decided to seek a refund of my 997 GBP.

Unfortunately I was refused by them and my bank, Natwest. Natwest also refused as I hadn't attended the seminar, it was still possible that I attend in the future, so nondelivery of goods was not established. I was also outsite their 7-day 'cooling period' cancellation window so could not cancel the contract. I explained to them the goods are not as described because they are not in fact Robert Kiyosaki's own property investment course and I had been a victim of misrepresentation, but it was no use.

I gave up, and decided to attend the cheaper Women In Wealth course and try to reclaim 500 GBP at least. However, Tigrent is now TOTALLY AVOIDING MY COMMUNICATIONS. I CAN'T BOOK FOR SOMETHING I PAID FOR NOR SOMETHING THAT IS OF LESS VALUE THAN WHAT I PAID!

I've explained this to Natwest again, but they were again sceptical and told me they will only ATTEMPT to reclaim the money. What does that even mean?!?

I've tried everything - the Police, Consumer Direct, the bank, even Evening Standard asking them to refuse all future advert enquiries by them and perhaps run a story on it. But no one seems to care, and I just feel angry, alone and stupid for letting this happen.

If anyone has any advice on how I could proceed from here, or anyone has a success story relating to a claim back from this company please share!

Its been a week since I posted this and already over 200 views. Obviously there are more of you out there that have suffered, or have attended or witnessed their severely deceptive marketing practises and seminars.

I am lodging a class action with the Police and Consumer Direct to try and bring this company down. I have given them numerous chances to refund me, but they have not been coorporative.

I have now arrived at the conclusion that this company profits through the chargeback and buyer protection scheme offered by card companies. They KNOW that if they hold onto the money long enough and ignore people's contacts until their chargeback is sorted, they will keep their initial money and VISA and Mastercard are left to pay victims out of their own pockets.

IF YOU ARE A VICTIM OR HAVE ATTENDED A SEMINAR IN THE UK PLEASE GET IN TOUCH WITH ME.

• 1 year later...

Hi there,

We bought the basic package from Tigrent after attending their 3 day course for the £900. I am pleased we did this as a lot of people like us were expecting far more than they give.

I am currently furious with them following a pushy email when we enquired about one of their courses. I turned down the course as it wasn't what I expected however have received a very rude email from one of their staff team which I am livid about.

I would NOT recommend this company, especially as I received the same mentoring package for £300 from another company who were fantastic! They are not time limited and have helped lots of tigrent students invest in property to pay back their tigrent fees - as tigrent try and get you to buy their packages on your credit card! To do this they get you to call your credit card company and increase your credit limit. Initially it's done as a 'confidence' building thing, then they hard sell their £20k training packages at you.

Please avoid!!!!!!

• 2 months later...

This is very interesting as I have just spent the weekend witnessing the 'Hard Sell' on the 3 day 'introductory' course. In our opinion the sales "tactics" were all too transparent (to the point of predictability) but nonetheless relentless and rather annoying, certainly detracting from a course which we expected to take a lot more from in terms of learning, assistance and pointing us in the right direction. The advanced courses are very costly.

Of course, in fairness, this forum is not likely to be the best place to find great testimonials, but there does seem a reasonable amount of complaints against this company.

Tillybops would you like to share where you sourced your mentoring package? By message if you don't want it public?

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I am just batteling now for my refund.

Cancelled 2 days after signing.

Returned my home study kit. Now they are saying they have not received it and want me to pay fo it -1000 pouds forit

My credit card company seems to be taking it reluctantly and suggesting me that I should sign an agreement with Tigrent accepting 5% admin fee and oter unacceptable condition.

I say I am not signing another agreemen with them. I signed one regretting sincerely.

I will be more than happy to join campaign against T

I too am having a big Problem with this company. I went ahead and signed up to the 3 day programme, which included a Tigrent (crap Package about propery investments books and CDs) a planning strategy phone call ( worth £300 and you get to bring a friend.

The course was meant to take place in October at a time i would be on holiday. I told them this and they said it was not a problem as they would book me on the next 3 day programme. I called a few days after to ensure i would be booked on the next course. On my return i called to find out the date of the next programme as i was a little concerned that one would book one on a programme of which one does not no the date. It took a few phone calls as the person (female in question always appears to be on the phone or just popped out of the office, and NO one in the office would take a message. On the 23 November i received an e-mail from them saying 1 week to go Rich dad poor dad 3 day course and a text message telling me to arrange a apointment with the Planning Strategy person. I called the office to tell them that i would be moving on that day so i could not attend and would like to know future dates so i could arrange a suitable time to attend. Much of the same thing happened, you mentioned Rich Dad Poor dad they would ask you what it was regarding, you'd say change booking and the (person) was always not availalble and was told to call back. You were not given the oppertunity to to leave a message as you were told "S---y or D----r were the only people who could take bookings.

On the morning of the 30 Nov 2012 when the programme was to start i managed to get through and explained that i could not attend and had been trying every since i received notification on 23 Nov and the problems of getting through. I explained that i was moving this morning and did not want a refund but to re-schedule. The girl was very rude as she said i would need to pay a further £50 re-booking fee because it was less than ten days and i should look at the contract i signed.

I explained that YOU had only informed me of the date on the 23 November 2012 and i had been calling almost every day, i could not leave a message and no one would take my name or allow me to leave a message. After a big arguement she just kept referring to the contract, the contract and told me to write an e-mail.

I have wirtten an e-mail and have phone again only for HER to balme me saying that i must be the only one who did not receive the e-mail out of 100 people and i had to pay £50.00. I want my money back How can i take them to court to claim my money back i hate this company!!!!!! It IS A [problem]!!!

Hi Difusion,

This is going to be very hard to get money back after 7 days.

I cancelled after 3 days and still having problems.

This is more of a warning for people who are considering.

Since I cancelled thay have been trying to encourage me to take one of their cheeper course for the money I payed. When I refused I sand me a parcel through the courrier with empty black folder in it saying that after consideration they are happy to offer me their materials worth almost £2000. (?) The parcel was opened by my partner, who send the parcel back as soon as realized what was inside.

What a crap! Stay away if you can.

If anyone know of any action group or watch dog group to join and support the victims of that cheet let me know.

Does anyone know where their next intruduction course is taking place? They seem to be doing these courses in different place every time.

Its been a week since I posted this and already over 200 views. Obviously there are more of you out there that have suffered, or have attended or witnessed their severely deceptive marketing practises and seminars.

I am lodging a class action with the Police and Consumer Direct to try and bring this company down. I have given them numerous chances to refund me, but they have not been coorporative.

I have now arrived at the conclusion that this company profits through the chargeback and buyer protection scheme offered by card companies. They KNOW that if they hold onto the money long enough and ignore people's contacts until their chargeback is sorted, they will keep their initial money and VISA and Mastercard are left to pay victims out of their own pockets.

IF YOU ARE A VICTIM OR HAVE ATTENDED A SEMINAR IN THE UK PLEASE GET IN TOUCH WITH ME.

Can I join your action class?

How do I get in touch with you?

• 1 month later...
Hi there,

We bought the basic package from Tigrent after attending their 3 day course for the £900. I am pleased we did this as a lot of people like us were expecting far more than they give.

I am currently furious with them following a pushy email when we enquired about one of their courses. I turned down the course as it wasn't what I expected however have received a very rude email from one of their staff team which I am livid about.

I would NOT recommend this company, especially as I received the same mentoring package for £300 from another company who were fantastic! They are not time limited and have helped lots of tigrent students invest in property to pay back their tigrent fees - as tigrent try and get you to buy their packages on your credit card! To do this they get you to call your credit card company and increase your credit limit. Initially it's done as a 'confidence' building thing, then they hard sell their £20k training packages at you.

Please avoid!!!!!!

Hi Tillybops

I too am in need of some post-Tigrent assistance. Could I also please ask you to share where you sourced your mentoring package? By message if you don't want it public?

Thanks

R

• 3 months later...

Hi, sadly everything i'm reading in this thread is still going on. I purchased the 3 day training workshop in March this year after an incredible HARD SELL free workshop - under the guise of Martin Roberts Making Money from Property. two days later I had second thoughts, and after researching online (including this forum) I realised i'd made a mistake. I immediately rang the company and sent several emails stating that I wished to cancel and that as I was WITHIN THE SEVEN DAYS cooling off period, then everything would be ok. They indeed confirmed this on the phone and by email (so I have that in writing). I live fairly close to their offices in Brentford so I agreed with the lady on the phone that I would personally return the "home study kit" which had been thrown in for free as a sweetener for me to sign up to the 3 day course. The next day I turned up to their offices with this home study kit (consisting of 4 worthless A4 large print text books and 6 equally worthless dvds of speakers talking on stage - which I can watch on youtube for free), When I tried to hand over the goods, the lady from Tigrent said they couldn't accept them because they'd been opened. Each of the text books had cellophane wrapping on them - which meant you could not see the content & there was no blurb/description on the back. So naturally I took off the wrapping to inspect. Oh how I wish I hadn't done this! because in small print on the agreement that I signed it states that the home study kit must be returned in its cellophane wrapping. I said this was ridiculous and that i'd opened them in good faith. The lady from Tigrent flatly refused to accept them back from me and said that they were very valuable and many people got a lot from them and they could be purchased separately from the training courses. Rubbish! when I flicked through them, I realised very quickly that they were NOT worth the £500 Tigrent claim they are worth. I left Tigrent's offices (with the home study kit) and said I would be seeking legal advice.

Since then, I have taken legal advice from Consumer Advice Bureau who state that it is my consumer right to inspect goods to check if they are fit for purpose. therefore I am within my legal right to remove the cellophane wrapping - even if it's in the small print on the agreement I signed. they recommended I formally write to Tigrent stating this and asking for my full refund. I have done this - twice so far - and 6 weeks later I have not had any response from Tigrent. I will now pursue small claims court. But I would also like to make this scandal as public as possible. I am writing to the BBC show DON'T GET DONE GET DOM. Who's with me? Has anyone got anywhere with Trading sTandards or small claims court?

Good luck, i need to find the time to do this. My problem is i am now very aware the course is not very good and their so called course materials is not worth the paper it's written on. I would like to attend the course and get it over and done with, but i don't want to or see why i have to pay £50 re-booking fee!!!! for what? But every time i am going to phone i get really angry so i have decided to get true call and record all the calls. I will let you know how i get on GRRRRRRRRR

Good luck, i need to find the time to do this. My problem is i am now very aware the course is not very good and their so called course materials is not worth the paper it's written on. I would like to attend the course and get it over and done with, but i don't want to or see why i have to pay £50 re-booking fee!!!! for what? But every time i am going to phone i get really angry so i have decided to get true call and record all the calls. I will let you know how i get on GRRRRRRRRR

Maybe you should think about attending the course and making a real nuisance verbally while there. Pose some hard questions so that everyone there knows what a [problem] this organisation is. It might be the best fifty quid you spend! I'll keep you updated on my progress.

Hi tillytops,

I am funnily enough sitting here on my third day of the Tigrent course and its been tiring, and heavily endorsed on mentoring for extortionate packages. I agree fully with some of the posts on here, why is it these people charge exponentially when they are making so much themselves and yet no staged payment is offered for people who do not have the money?! Why would they be so desperate to be paid in full and instantaneously.

Could you plz, plz even privately msg me with the mentor you used for a minimal price??

Hi Guys!

I'm new to this forum but hope I get to learn from your experiences. I recently attended a two hour "free seminar" at a local hotel where I was encouraged to sign up for a three day course. I was VERY tempted and had I not had to leave prior to the end of the session in order to get back to work, I would DEFINITELY have signed up.Reading your posts though you seem to be struggling to get money back after paying. This in itself has made me think twice as any reputable company would not be behaving in this way. I guess my thinking was that if Martin Roberts - a well known TV presenter - and the Rich Dad guy , were prepared to allow their names to be linked to this company and their products, then it must be fairly sound? Am I wrong? Has anyone attended the course and been happy with what they were presented with? Does anyone have any info about similar mentoring bodies - I think Tillybops mentioned one? How do I find out about it? I hope you all manage to get your issues resolved successfully!

• 3 months later...
Hi there,

Please avoid!!!!!!

Hello tillybops,

Im not sure if you are still posting on here as i am a latest victim of their work. anyway, I would like to know the name of the company that you received the the same mentoring package from as i am keen on property. You have message me if you want it in public space. Thanks.

chargeback or section 75 cca

this thread is closed

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3911 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks