• Tweets

• His financial situation isn’t great, and the landlord has made lots of things up. The things he’s put isn’t true at all. My friend did tell the full truth with incoming and outgoing, I helped him fill in his form and he checked bills etc. to make sure it was right. His wage is ok, but not as good as the landlord thinks it is,  and he doesn’t have anything spare. How much are they likely to take from him? Should he send any reply?  the letter just says to take the court letter with him. 
    • Hi welcome to the Forum.  If a PCN is sent out late ie after the 12th day of the alleged offence, the charge cannot then be transferred from the driver to the keeper.T he PCN is deemed to have arrived two days after dispatch so in your case, unless you can prove that Nexus sent the PCN several days after they claim you have very little chance of winning that argument. All is not lost since the majority of PCNs sent out are very poorly worded so that yet again the keeper is not liable to pay the charge, only the driver is now liable. If you post up the PCN, front and back we will be able to confirm whether it is compliant or not. Even if it is ok, there are lots of other reasons why it is not necessary to pay those rogues. 
    • Hi 1 Date of the infringement  arr 28/03/24 21:00, dep 29/03/24 01.27 2 Date on the NTK  08/04/2024 (Date of Issue) 3 Date received Monday 15/04/24 4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012?  Yes 5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes 6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No  7 Who is the parking company? GroupNexus 8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Petrol Station Roadchef Tibshelf South DE55 5T 'operating in accordance with the BPA's Code of Practice' I received a Parking Charge letter to keeper on Monday 15/04/24, the 17th day after the alleged incident. My understanding is that this is outside the window for notifying. The issue date was 08/04/2024 which should have been in good time for it to have arrived within the notice period but in fact it actually arrived at lunchtime on the 15th. Do I have to prove when it arrived  (and if so how can I do that?) or is the onus on them to prove it was delivered in time? All I can find is that delivery is assumed to be on the second working day after issue which would have been Weds 10//04/24 but it was actually delivered 5 days later than that (thank you Royal Mail!). My husband was present when it arrived - is a family member witness considered sufficient proof?
    • lookinforinfo - many thanks for your reply. It would be very interesting to get the letter of discontinuance. The court receptionist said that the county court was in Gloucester 'today' so that makes me think that some days it is in Gloucester and some days its in Cheltenham, it was maybe changed by the courts and i was never informed, who knows if DCBL were or not. My costs were a gallon of petrol and £3.40 for parking. I certainly don't want to end up in court again that's for sure but never say never lol. Its utterly disgusting the way these crooks can legally treat motorists but that's the uk for you. I'm originally from Scotland so it's good that they are not enforceable there but they certainly still try to get money out of you. I have to admit i have lost count of the pcn's i have received in the last 2 yr and 4 months since coming to England for work, most of them stop bothering you on their own eventually, it was just this one that they took it all the way. Like i mentioned in my WS the the likes of Aldi and other companies can get them cancelled but Mcdonalds refused to help me despite me being a very good customer.   brassednecked - many thanks   honeybee - many thanks   nicky boy - many thanks    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4515 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Im new here but have been following the HFO threads since I got my first letter from them about a month ago.

To put you in the picture I had a Barclaycard debt of about £800-900. HFO are asking for in excess of £2k. The debt itself is well over 6 years old, in fact it is no longer on my credit file as 6 years have passed. No payments made in over 6 years so its definately statute barred.

The letter I got today from HFO is the "schedule of litigation" one.

To date, I have had no communication with HFO. I have sent no letters and they do not have my number so have not called. I understand that an option is to send a statute barred letter, however after reading these forums it appears that they can cause more problems than they solve with HFO claiming that the letter is admitting the debt etc. Im also concerned they will try this phantom payment thing and I can assure you I have made no payments in 6 years.

A lot of the threads here seem ongoing or seem to end with no resolution...

I guess I have a few questions:

1. Has anybody been taken to court by HFO for a statute barred debt?

2. If so, what was the outcome?

3. What action (if any) would you advise me to take?

Thanks very much in advance for you help. I guess il get my HFO fanclub membership card soon! ;-)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi no court action can be taken on an SB debt, once SB always SB

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

no well, thats what I was asking. Although im sure people who arent in the know about SB pay up when they see the CCJ. I was wondering if HFO may take their chances and submit a County Court claim to see...

Thanks,:wink:

So with HFO, would I be waisting my time writing to them with an SB letter? Does anyone know what I can expect after the schedule of litigation letter?

Brilliant. In my opinion the Schedule of Litigation is purely a threat in the hope that it will make you pay up. I'd be inclined to send them the SB letter backed up by a copy of your credit report and tell them in no uncertain terms to go away.

Hi and welcome

I would suggest calling Barclaycard and asking them to confirm when the last payment or acknowledgement was made - get this in writing, also who they sold it to and when. Contacting BC will not affect the status of this at all.

Barclaycard recoveries 0844 556 0066

It is worth doing. If you are then certain that there has been no payment or acknowledge of ' I owe this debt' in writing from 6 years since the last missed payment, send HFO the SB letter.

They are probably just chancing their arm. They could still issue a claim in the hope that you do not understand about SB status, the court would not check this for you, you would have to defend the action.

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

yes i did just see that! I hope it is revoked, they deserve it. Luckily I have the inititaive to research things and managed to find this site which has been so helpful but I dread to think how many people have been bullied and illegally persuaded to pay debts to these people!

well i called barclaycard (who at first insisted I call HFO for any information rleating to the account - yeah right) and they said the last payment they have on record from myself if Feb 2005. So that is over 6 years ago which means SB. They wouldnt confirm this in writing to me though and said I needed to do a SAR request. Im thinking of holding off on that until a county court claim actually comes through. Would I need to show the statements from Barclays as evidence?

Personally I would do the SAR now as it can take the full 40 days to be provided then

you wllhave all the ifo to hand if a claim is raised.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

If you are certain it is 6 years since you paid anything or made a written acknowledgement that you owed this, it is SB and you should send the Statute Barred letter to HFO. It is up to them to prove otherwise and would effectively prevent them from taking further action. I would not wait for a court claim. Certainly do a SAR if you are uncertain, again do not wait for a Court Claim to arrive as a SAR takes up to 40 days.

HFO may huff and puff a bit but you can report them to OFT and TS for chasing an SB debt.

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

Agreed - for the sake of £10 it could save you a lot more. Here's an SAR letter (I know there's two number 8's, that was to insert what you need and I couldn't be bothered to change the other numbers!):

Dear Sir/Madam

Data Protection Act 1998 Subject Access Request

Please would you kindly provide full and complete copies of any and all data you hold which relates to me and my entire history with your company. I have enclosed the statutory maximum of £10.

For the avoidance of doubt, take note that the enclosed cheque/Postal Order is payment for the fee relating to my Subject Access Request only and not a payment of any other kind or to be used for any other purpose. If you do not require a fee in order to process my Subject Access Request then kindly return or destroy my cheque / PO.

For your convenience I have detailed below a list of what I require, although this is not an exhaustive list by any means and is just an example of some of the information I require with regard to any accounts I may have had or may still have with your company.

1. Computer screen notes relating to the conduct of my account

2. Computer screen notes relating to transactions that have gone through my account

3. Internal messages or notes relating to the conduct of my account

4. Internal messages or notes relating to transactions that have gone through my account

5. Recordings of any telephone conversations, whether internal or external, relating to my account

6. Copies of any e-mail's, or other electronic communications, whether internal or external, relating my account

7. Copies of letters relating to my account

8. A list of ALL payments made to my account including the date of those payments.

8. All information relating to litigation or pre-litigation that has taken place on my account

9. A detailed statement of account showing a breakdown of all costs charged, showing in each case the reason for the cost and the actual cost against that item

10. Copies of all reviews conducted relating to my account

11. Copies of all other paperwork relating to my account.

12. Copies of any and all documentation issued to me or left at my property regarding my account

I trust that the above is clear and should you be in any doubt as to your obligations as a Data Controller, then I would advise that you consult your corporate counsel.

As detailed above, I have enclosed the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one to which all previous correspondence has been issued.

Yours faithfully

(Your Name)

ok im going to send the SAR request today just so that i have in writing when the last payment was made. thanks for your hep guys, will let u know of any updates.

does anyone know if/when hfo will have their licenece revoked? what does that actually mean, will they be closed down? what happens to all the debts they have bought?

The licence will be reviewed when it is next due for renewal.