• Tweets

• No, do the section 75 chargeback to your credit card provider.
    • See what dx thinks but it seems to me that sending a photo of your own pass isn't relevant to what happened. Let's wait and see what he says. HB
    • 1st letter image.pdf1st letter 2nd page.pdf
    • Many thanks for the replies and advice!   I what to send this email to the Starbucks CEO and the area manager. Your thoughts would be appreciated.   [email protected] [email protected]   Re: MET Parking PNC at your Starbucks Southgate site   Dear Ms Rayner, / Dear Heather Christie,   I have received a Notice to Keeper regarding a Parking Charge Notice of £100 for the driver parking in the Southgate Park Car Park, otherwise infamously known as the Stanstead Starbucks/McDonalds car park(s).   Issued by: MET Parking Services Ltd Parking Charge Notice Number: XXXXXXXXX Vehicle Registration Number: XXXX XXX Date of Contravention: XX.XX.XXXX Time: XX:XX - XX:XX   After a little research it apears that the driver is not alone in being caught in what is commonly described as a scam, and has featured in the national press and on the mainstream television.   It is a shame that the reputation of Starbucks is being tarnished by this, with your customers leaving the lowest possible reviews on Trustpilot and Trip Advisor at this location, and to be associated with what on the face of it appears to be a doubious and predatory car park management company.   In this instance, during the early hours of the morning the driver required a coffee and parked up outside Starbucks with the intention of purchasing one from yourselves. Unfortunately, you were closed so the driver walked to McDonalds next door and ordered a coffee, and for this I have received the Notice to Keeper.   It is claimed that the car park is two separate car parks (Starbucks/McDonalds). However, there is no barrier or road markings to identity a boundary, and the signage in the car park(s) and outside your property is ambiguous, as such the terms would most likely be deemed unfair and unenforcable under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.   I understand that Starbucks-Euro Garages neither operate or benefit from the charges imposed by MET Parking. However, MET Parking is your client.   Additionally, I understand that the charge amount of £100 had previously been upheld in court due to a ‘legitimate interest in making sure that a car park was run as efficiently as possible to benefit other drivers as well as the local stores, keeping cars from overstaying’.   However, this is not applicable when the shop or store is closed (as was the case here), as there is no legitimate interest. Therefore, the amount demanded is a penalty and is punitive, again contravening the Consumer Rights Act 2015.   As the driver’s intention of the visit was genuine, I would be grateful if you could please instruct your client to cancel this Notice to Keeper/Parking Charge Notice.   Kind regards
    • I received the promised call back from the Saga man today who informed me that the undertakers have decreed it IS a modification and they will need to recalculate a quote individually for me. However it all sounds very arbitrary. The more I think about it, and with help from forum replies, the more I am sure that it is not a modification. If for example the original seatback had become damaged by a spillage or a tear, I would be entitled to replace it with the nearest available part. The problem is when it comes to a payout after an accident, there is no telling what an individual insurer will decide when he notices the change. I am still undecided which of the two best routes to go with, either don't mention the replacement at all, or fill in the quote form without mentioning, and when it comes to buying the insurance over the phone, mention it at the time.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Payday express....... Please help!!!!!! **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4068 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah as far as I can gather it's fair... just a legal notice that there's arrears as they would have been due one full payment back

Sorry but I guess a lender is entitled to issue one, same as they don't have to agree a repayment plan

I'm just thankful I got a plan and that they being fair in allowing this, I expect my credit to be 'ruined' thats the hit we have to take by asking for a repayment plan

Maybe you can argue the way it been served? I don't know.

Just be prepared for for it to be a crossover of mail if you've only just set up plan in my opinion having dealt with them myself

Happy to share my experience but for your own protection, please check and double check what myself and other Caggers inform

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.”

:-)

• 5 weeks later...

hiya jus a update,

had a rwpayment plan with paydayexpress and have it confirmed in writing...but i have recently recieved a letter from castle bridge asking me to pay up etc!??????? wha do i do xx

• 3 months later...

hiya, as you all know im in a agreed repayment plan...... i have been making payments and asked for a update on my account. i recieved a email reply stating that i havent been making payments so the arrangement has failed. i have sent them bank statements (erasing account details) which proove i sent payment. but i never rcieved a reply its happened to me twice!!! what shall/can i do???? any help appriaciated xxxx

i owed 350 pounds maybe more in interest, but i have been paying extention payments of 70 pounds for a while and then set up a repayment plan of 35 pounds. i have paid 140 pounds in repayment. shall i just not make anymore payment????? xx

Report them to the OFT and Trading Standards as advised otherwise you are wasting your time posting on this forum.

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk for the OFT

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk for Trading Standards

You are complaining about their lack of communication, proper record keeping and general poor service.

ive paid 280 pounds alltogether of what i can see from the bank statements i have... i borrowed 280 pounds, 70 pounds interest they added for a month so it comes to a total 350 pounds... anyone have any ideas???? Thankyou

Indebt, unfortunately the amount of interest/deferral/rollover payments you've made to them does not make a difference. It would be brilliant in my case if it did. I've been paying them £80 per month for 2 years and my loan amount is still the same.

Forget about what you've paid, we signed up for that and I think refusing to pay them any more is a bad idea. There's enough bad stuff going on in that industry as it is so if we focus on complaining about their antics (lack of communication and raiding bank accounts etc) somebody might eventually listen to us.

(this is only a quote from other posts, I have not read up on it in any legal statements anywhere, it's just a common opinion here) If you now concentrate on advising them that you are in financial hardship and would like to arrange a payment plan with them to pay them back the original loan amount plus one months interest.

Please, as unfortunate and annoying as it is... You are going to have to wave goodbye to the money you've already paid them. It never has nor never will reduce the original loan amount.

It never rains but it pours...

if you've been paying £80 for 2yrs IMHO i'd stop and tell them to bugger off!!

they cannot keep adding penalty charges

there is no way they'll go anywhere near a court.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Lol... Would love to tell them to foxtrot Oscar. They've given me sleepless nights throughout this saga with their constant hounding and refusing to work with me.... I thought the couple of thousand they've had off me over the 2 years on a £400 loan would have encouraged them to be a bit more lenient with me - quiet the opposite in fact. I think they're still coming to terms with the loss of their £80 per month with my compliments..

i have complained to the OFT about them before but didnt get much of a satisfactory response... do i complain again??? x

Yes complain, I think asking for a statement just enduces the c--p of we can't find payments

Though with your statement to prove the money has been going somewhere, complain again

Avenue's open and free to you as well as the OFT

Financial Ombudsman

Their Trade Association - Consumer Finance Association

Edited by asmilecostsnothing
word removal

Happy to share my experience but for your own protection, please check and double check what myself and other Caggers inform

Well I would say yes but only up to the amount you believed you were paying back

You don't want to give them any room to come back and then say their charging you late payment fee's or that you broke the repayment plan - it may not happen but I wouldn't put it past them

don't let them now charge you double interest (watch it especially if you have no total figure in the payment plan confirmation letter which I bet says your account is 'froze') !!!

xxx

• 3 weeks later...

Gregory Pennington charge a fortune each month - those planks got me a CCJ many years ago - had I known then what I know now it would never have got to that stage.

Why not do a DIY one and use the cash you pay GP to pay off a smaller debt in full?

Hey AJ2012.

Ok, I know there are few fans of fee paying debt management plans here, and probably even fewer fans of Gregory Pennington lol.

To be honest, PDE accepted my plan yesterday. Nearly 3 months of arguing with them. My debt with them raised from £500 to £660 very quickly.

I got a few different emails back from PDE all asking me for information (which I gave them) and then they never replied.

Gregory Pennington told me to 'try and negotiate with PDE myself'!!! I explained to them why that statement was so wrong in so many ways. I pay maximum into the plan and have £0.00 left after paying everything.

They seem to want to wait until the debt is passed to a DCA. They claim they have better working relationships with 3rd party DCAs (I don't doubt this) they were very surprised that PDE have backtracked on what they said and actually accepted my dmp.

They are claiming that you were in a dmp and then took out a pdl? You say this isn't right?

I actually was in a dmp when I took out my loan (I know, I know naughty and stupid)

I'd certainly get GP to have a word with their PDE payment liaison officer (think his name is Mark) if you can prove that the loan was definitely taken out before the dmp, there's little room for them to argue.

Are they hassling you with daily phone calls, texts and automated call back messages?? If yes, complain about it!! It worked for me.

PDE need complaining about!! The whole PDE operation needs sorting out. Their competitors were quick to help me out in my hour of need. PDE had a lot of money out of me and I thought they'd be the first to help me out.

Good luck with them. GP will tell you not to contact them. I found emails to them helped ME and proved to myself that I was going the extra mile in trying to sort out my finances.

Please, keep us updated, if I can be of any help, just give us a shout.

Kind regards

BM

• 2 weeks later...

Can I just say and as per my previous posts

Payday Express will now register defaults on your credit file even if you set up a payment plan with them.

Please dont assume that because you are in a payment plan you will get away with the default being registered on your credit file as you won't.

I had been paying Payday Express for over 12 months before the default was registered on my account

- and they stay there for 6 years making it difficult to obtain credit.

I did manage to get my default removed but it was a long difficult process (6 months of constant negotiation / arguments).

Good luck to you all if you go down this route but in my experience it wont be easy - Payday Express are a nightmare.

• 9 months later...

Hiya all, today i recieved a email stating the following

Dear xxxxxx

We hereby inform you that Mercantile Recovery Solutions Ltd. have been instructed to collect the above account.

Despite our client attempting to contact you using all means available to them, including all the information provided in your credit application they have, to date, been unable to reach an amicable solution of repayment with you.

We must now make it clear that we are in the process of instructing our solicitors to issue a claim against you in your local court.

We are fully confident that such claim will be successful as we are unaware of any legitimate legal reason for non-payment of the debt and again we should make our intentions clear that upon successful award of the claim we will look to enforce the debt by way of an earnings arrestment.

As part of your application process you provided your bank account number, sort code, pay date and employer details – all of this information will be utilised to seek immediate repayment of the sum outstanding. Please be aware that your employer will be notified of this order if necessary.

Whilst we do not wish to burden you with further costs, (all legally recoverable fees will be added to your outstanding balance) your lack of cooperation thus far leaves us with no viable alternative.

Should you wish to avoid this course of action we would recommend you contact our pre-litigation collections department on 01563 598 612 before 3pm on the 31st December 2012.

Failure to respond to this notice will only lead to immediate court action being undertaken.

i have not recieved any letters or emails from payday express or these lot! i tried contacting payday express as i was in a payment plan and i asked for my account details which they did not provide and i didnt hear from them, i was unable to keep up with the repayments. Tried informing them but still no reply, where does it go from here what do i do????? any help much appriated! thankyou

the famous word ... instructed

same as might,may.could, etc etc

ignore

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...