Newbie: ref Arrow Global, iQor

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4699 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry first post and new to forums,

On my credit report I found two entries from Arrow Global

1st for a sum of £756

2nd for a sum of £250

Since I have had calls over recentmonths in regards to the 756 when asked what the debt was for they could only say a HSBC account, when I told them I had never had a HSBC account they said it would be from a Morgan Stanley credit card again I have never had one.

They told me to go back to HSBC with the sort code and an account numner they gave me, it transpires from an old first direct account, i though i had paid up previously, and has come out of the blue, I have written twice to first direct as they couldn't give me details over the phone as I didn't know any passwords, I have heard nothing, the DCA dont seem interested just I owe can you make payments? I have refused as I don't know the debt.

Firstly, if my debt if I have one is with First Direct then how come Allied Globbal can enter it as a debt to them on my credit details on Expirean? Do I have to do the leg work to chase details of a debt they seem to think I owe?

Again the second debt I think is with Orange, but again do they have a right to enter it onto experian credit report when the debt is with Orange? I was contacted about this by Freidrickson Int over a year ago, then heard nothing when I asked for details about the debt.

Today I received a text from iQor saying I needed to contact them urgently about private buisiness, polite but they can call me! and after looking on the net about them am concerned, also had a voicemail from another company asking me to call back. not sure which debt they are chasing, but can you help please?

If I owe a debt then I am happy to pay for that, but not happy when a DCA asks for payments but cannot tell me where they come from. Also If i owe money to a company how can another company make an entry onto my credit report?

I will be out of the country for three months from July and would prefer to sort beforehand to save my girlfriend the anxiety.

Hopefully I can get some help and advice, regards

Carl

Hi, Arrow global is a debt purchase company, the debt will have been sold to them by HSBC

You should have had notice of the sale/notice of termination of your account

As this is a current account it is not covered by the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

So what you need to do is a subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act this will provide ALL

the data they have on your account, this should be sent to HSBC, the cost is £10.00 and they have 40 days to respond.

There is a template in the CAG library, have a read and post up if you have a problem.

Never enter in to telephone conversations with any debt collectors as they will attempt to brow beat you in to payments or acknowledgement of the debt.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thankyou,

I have never accepted the debts, how can they put the debt on a credit report?

Will try and get sorted tomorrow when I have the opportunity.

Regards

When a company like Arrow buy the debt they take on all the obligations of the original creditor

including the updating of credit files.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

It was never on my credit report before the end of last year, directly by Arrow. I have never received any notice that debts are being sold or handed to a second company.

You must get the SAR done asap post if you need help.

Brig.

Sorry SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST UNDER THE DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998

This is a request to the original creditor not the debt collector, they have to provide you with ALL the data

they hold on the account, which will give you the information to check if the debt is statute barred 6 years of no

acknowledgement or payment to the account.

This costs £10.00 and they have 40 days to respond,send recorded delivery.

There is a template letter in the CAG library, have a read and post again if you need help.