style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4702 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

well it depends on which way you look at it and how assertive you are

me i would find out exactly how much the PCN was add the £5 tec fee the £11.20 letter plus the vat on the letter fee £2.20 round it up to the nearest £ because thats in legislation and pay that ASAP before there is a bailiffs visit

do my formal complaint

lets not forget to date the bailiff has done nothing with this PCN to earn a fee of any kind he has been given a file with OPs name on it the bailiff could be in Spain for all you know nice work if you can get away with it

the op may not have £3xx to pay but if all lawful fees are paid ASAP i would take my chances he has it on record and you cant argue with that and legislation well the bailiff/Equita can but i cant see hoe they would win this one

the OP may want to pay in full and claim it back

Edited by hallowitch

my pcn is £110.00 ! i have almost completed the longest email in history , read it through and let me no what you think .....................

Dear Mr Fitzgerald,

Please recieve this E-mail as a formal complaint against your contracted bailiffs Equita and bailiff MrXXXXXXXXXXX.

I recieved a letter from Equita requarding a parking charge i recieved , i contacted equita on 7/6/2011 to find out how much i needed to pay to clear arrears and was informed they did not know how much

i had to pay but can transfer me to Mr XXXXXXX (bailiff) who has my file and can tell me. I spoke to Mr XXXXXXX and he confirmed my outstanding balance is £356.24. I didnt understand why or what these charges where for and was not told when asked but stated i will try to collect money together from loans of friends and family .

After that call i searched the internet for information and advice , i found information stating that lawfully all i should be paying is the PCN @ £110.00 + £5 fee for the warrent of excecution + £11.20 for the only letter i received + VAT @ 20% .

On 8/6/2011 i emailed equita requesting a breakdown of charges which i am yet to recieve ,on the 9/6/2011 I made 3 calls to Mr XXXXXX (ALL RECORDED ) through out the day to requst a breakdown but was told each time he was not in his van.

He eventually called me back and stated he can remove £72.80 off the bill as he has not visited me but can not remove £160.00 ' out on enforcement fee ' which under the enforcement of road traffic debts regulations does not exsist . I am prepared to clear this outstanding debt but i am not prepared to pay for made up charges and phantom visit fees !

I very much doubt that my case is the only case with unlawful charges placed on it from your contracted bailiffs equita ?

what can i improve on ?

Edited by ryanmc0305

If you can pay it in ryanmc0305 I would do as the bailiff may well call and then land you with more fees you will have to pay imho others will know more but if nothing is paid in they will still carry on enforcement.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

i can afford to make the payment of £110.00 plus £5 fee plus letter fee an vat = £130.00 ruffly ! but how a i going to get him to admit this £160 is not rite ?

You pay it in before he calls and submit your email; tonight with a read receipt, and post a back up letter tomorrow using a signed for service.

The council CEO should be alarmed by this and contact Equita to ask what they think they are doing when he realises they have been caught adding possibly dodgy fees.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Am in nearly the same situation except the bailiff clamped my car 3 days after dropping a letter in the post at before 5:15 am, so had to pay 356.24 pounds to get it back. Emailed/wrote to Equita asking for a breakdown, received a letter saying they will get back to me in 14 days, is that from the date of my letter or theirs?

im sure ive had dealings with these before with a pcn?

do they deal with parking tickets in southport?

i paid there fees because i was scared as i didnt want them turning up is there anything i can do i dont want to go to court or anything like that,

since ive been using this site i really want to question everything that ive paid im sure they charged me for a walking posession and i remember them sending a letter "we attended (my old address) to find your vehicle we was able to do so bla bla bla

is there really anything i can do?

i can afford to make the payment of £110.00 plus £5 fee plus letter fee an vat = £130.00 ruffly ! but how a i going to get him to admit this £160 is not rite ?

you don't have to get the bailiff to admit anything he has already confirmed he was trying to charge you fees for a visit he never made (by the way a first visit fee would also be a dam site less than £72) and there is no such thing as an or enforcement fee

if it all you can afford pay what your due £127 then argue the toss any fees charged that are not in legislation or after the payment is made can be challenged

PNC£110

warrant fee£5

letter fee £11.20

VAT on letter fee £2.20 round it up to the nearest £( i think the only fee they the can round up to the nearest £ is the levy fee but for the sake of 80p i would pay it )

you pay that on equita web site print out the screen shot and make your complaint and if you must phone the bailiff you tell him you have made a formal complaint against him to the CEO as you know legislation only allows for the letter fee as there has been no visits tell him you have recorded all calls and will be happy to put in front of a judge by way of detailed assessment or a form 4 complaint

Edited by hallowitch

well at last i think youve cracked it ! went to cab today and after sitting waiting for 2 hours they were no help at all !they did offer me a meeting with them tho on the 8/7/2011 to help me lol !!

After re-reading your posts i paid online the sum of £130 and ive just called bailiff and told him ! he seemed happy that i paid and when i said id been to soliciters and CAB and that they informed me there was no such charge as a out on enforcment fee , he was like '' oh errm if the company have accepted payment online im happy with that ! '' He says if theres any issues with that amount he'll call me ? so i hope thats the end of it !

i just want to say thank you to those who have provided me with all the info on here mainly hallowitch , if im ever in eastwick ill buy you a drink :-)

Thank you and good nite !!!

i sent it via e-mail and i actually got a responce today saying he will look into it and contact me back , not sure if its a generic responce or not but ill just wait and see !!

i sent it via e-mail and i actually got a response today saying he will look into it and contact me back , not sure if its a generic response or not but ill just wait and see !!

good the more Formal complaints a CEO gets the quicker they will get the picture and do something about it

Glad you got it sorted ryan, now push that complaint

Hi again, still looking for help please. I received my breakdown charges today & they are as follow:

Debt: 110.00 pounds

Initial letter fee - 11.20 pounds

Levy/visit charge - 34.00 pounds

Attendance charge - 160.00

VAT - 41.04 pounds

Card processing fee - 1.00 pound

TOTAL - 357.24 pounds

Is this correct? The bailiff had only been to the house twice, once on 31/05/11 when my mom woke up little after 5 in the morning to find a Removal Letter Notice on the doormat, then again on 03/06/2011 when she arose little after 6 in the morning to find my car had been clamped forcing me to pay it to get it released. Is there anything i can do? Thanks.