Need some help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4677 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi guys, im new to this forum.

im a student and started parking on my college's car park which is only available for staff and visitors only despite there being 100's of spaces available, i parked there for a few weeks whilst i was in lessons and recieved 2 parking tickets from a private company stating i need to have a permit to park here, i dont have a permit and i saw the various signs saying DONT PARK HERE etc. but some friends told me you dont HAVE to pay them, so i just ignored them. This all happened in febuary when i was parking there and i have since parked elsewhere now after being caught by a member of staff who took my name etc. i thought i had got away with not paying the fines because it had been 3 or 4 months since i got the fines. However i have just recieved 2 letters from CAR PARK SOLUTIONS DIVISION - A S SECURI-T stating that i must pay the fines which were originally 70 pound but due to not being paid they are now 94 pounds which i find ridiculous for parking on my own college's car park. The letters state the fees have to be paid by 21st June or they will forward my file to their collection department. What does this mean? and what should i do?

thanks

There is a 99.999999% chance they won't take you to court. For a start they would have to establish the identity of the driver, As you have not contacted them, all they know is the same of the registered keeper. This may not be the same person. For your credit rating to be damaged they would have to take you to court ( se above), you lose , very, very unlikely and then you refuse to pay whatever the judge orders within 28 days. Please stop worrying and instead read all the other threads on here that deal with private parking "tickets" for further reassurance.

keep ignoring the letters? iv heard that they might try and take you to court or get you blacklisted whatever that means? something that stop you from getting loans in the future?

Hello there. I second what DBC says about not parking there any more.

But there's loads of information on the forum about private parking companies and what they can or can't do. I don't think they can affect your credit rating and they don't do court. Please have a read around, your case is no different from all the others here. It will save us typing it all again :).

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum