Permitted Work Rules

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3624 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya - Everyone on here is has been so helpful to me so thought I would aska question on behalf of a friend.

MY friend is Disabled on HR DLA and claims Severe Disablement Allowance ( As Incap was called a long time ago).

There is such a thing called Permitted Work I beleive she can do but we are unsure of the exact rules.

She has been offered just a week and a halfs worth of work for which she will get minnimum wage. She will work 5 1/2 hours per day for 3 days on Week one and 4 days on Week two and then the work comes to an end.

Like I said just a temporary one off offer of work to get her out and about.

The work is very easy and in no way contridicts her DLA claim as she is only able to do very little.

Now from what ive read online, the rules say she can work ON AVERAGE 16 hours per week. What exactly does "on average mean"? Does it mean on average over say a month?

Also the maximum earnings she can earn is £95. Does this mean on average also?

So,

Week 1 she will work 16 1/2 hours and earn £99 Gross Pay

Week 2 she will work 22 hours and earn £132 Gross Pay

Week 3 no work

Week 4 no work

And if im right in thinking "on average" means over a month, is a month based on 4 weeks or 1st to the 1st?

Thank You in advance.

I think the average is over the year.

You can do indefinite permitted work and earn up to £20 per week or work for a year and earn up to £95 per week.