Should I just accept and move on?

JacB
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4706 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I opened a Natwest student account whilst at University mainly for the large overdraft that came with it and stopped spending on the account when I was approaching my overdraft limit.

I credited the account here and there when I remembered as my main banking is with another provider but more or less forgot to after I opened a joint account with my partner.

I received an e-mail from Natwest asking me to contact them and when I phoned they said they had been trying to contact me about my account

and I asked them to send me out details of my balance etc.

A few days later I received a yellow card from AIC who then informed me that Natwest was their client and that I should pay the debt to them.

I wasn’t happy to do this as felt it was unfair that after speaking with Natwest only a week prior to this that they had passed my debt to an external agent.

AIC offered me a settlement figure on my debt before Christmas to which I asked them if they would send it out in writing but I received nothing.

The next thing I know, I have a default on my credit file regarding the Natwest overdraft amount.

As this was dated January 2011, I assumed it was AIC that had auctioned it but they told me I would need to speak to Natwest

so I did and they said they would send me a letter detailing my complaint.

I later received a letter from Natwest saying that they understood I felt a default had been recorded against me unfairly

after I didn’t make payment to AIC since they would not confirm anything to me in writing and that they would investigate the matter and get back to me in 30 days.

Over 30 days passed and I had heard nothing from Natwest so I phoned to chase the issue and I was told that my complaint still hadn’t been assigned a case worker

but I was next on the list and that they would phone to let me know when my complaint had been assigned a case worker.

A few days passed with no phonecall but I received a letter to say they would not be upholding my complaint

as they had issued a final demand and default notification to me and so the default would stand.

However, they did say that that date of the default was wrong and they would amend it from January 2011 to August 2010.

My issues with this are that I have never received a final demand or default notice from Natwest

and that by changing the date of the default, it now looks like I have ignored this situation since August 2010 when infact I knew nothing about it.

I then phoned Natwest to say that I was unhappy about their decision and that I wanted to see the formal demand and default notice that they sent.

The woman said she would send copies as they had been manually raised on 11th July 2010. This conversation took place on 3rd May 2011.

Yesterday I phoned Natwest again as I have still received nothing from them

and the man I spoke to said he couldn’t guarantee they could send me the paperwork

even although the previous person said she would send it and he also said it was originally sent on the 8th of July

when I had been told the 11th of July.

I appreciate there is only a few days of a difference, however there is 5 months of a difference in the mistake they made with the default date

and I just feel that it is unfair for me to have to accept a default on my otherwise good credit file when I have received no warning of it.

My gut feel is that they have been sending paperwork to a previous address although I haven’t mentioned this to them

as they seem to be capable of giving AIC my current address and also sending responses to my complaint to my current address.

Can anyone advise how I should deal with this?

Is there anything I can do or do I just need to accept the default as if Natwest say they have sent the warning back in July 2010

then that’s good enough as far as they are concerned?

Edited by JacB

can you please edit and add blank lines and sentences .

thank you

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The original post was split in to paragraphs and despite editing it several times it still posts as one big paragraph.Can you advise how this can be amended?

as far as i can see they have done nothing wrong sadly

they are entitled to default you as you broke the T+C's of the agreement

now

AIC are Natwests internal DCA anyhow

someone is telling prokies to you [one and the same]

pers i think 90% of your issues are that there is no pasper trail

writing only is your best bet.

as for getting the default removed, if its a fair report, which its is, then not alot of hope

even if they had have written to you, would have cleared it?

this is what a judge will look at.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...