patio doors from 2007 with 10yrs warranty - failing and letting in draughts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4667 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

In 2007 I bought a set of patio doors that came with a 10 year warrenty. Last winter i noticed a draft coming through and on further inspection could see that daylight was showing through the seals of the door. I phoned up the company that fitted them and was told they would be in the area within the next month and would contact me then for a convienient day to visit. That was last November - since then I have rang up at least once if not twice a month to be told the same thing!! I did tackle the answer last time and she told me that she would get back to me by the end of the day to arrange something. That was three weeks ago and i'm still waiting. In the meantime I have lost over 6 months of my warrenty and still noone has been to resolve the situation.

I have tried to get in touch with my local trading standards office but they dont seem to be answering the phone. Does anyone know where I stand as far as this warrantly is concerned and whether or not I can threaten legal action?

thread renamed

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

A Court claim may be an option at a later stage, however it would be wise to communicate in writing by recorded delivery and keep all copies. accurate records are extremely important when making claims through a court. Nevertheless, when writing it is worthwhile making reference to yur previous telephone conversations as well as the details of complaint. You could also copy in Trading Standards.

or email sometimes best.

can you find the name of MD etc. the higher you go the better.

Is it an insurance backed warranty or just with the installation company.

Is any well known brand involved?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok sorry not replied - been really busy.

I sent a letter asking for something to be done (10.06.2011) I plan to give them two weeks to reply, but i do not hold my breathe on this.

if i do not here - what is the next step?

The warranty is the installation warranty not an insurance one and there are no 'big' brands involved.

What is the MD you ask me to find? sorry not that good with abbreviations. :|

Ok sorry not replied - been really busy.

I sent a letter asking for something to be done (10.06.2011) I plan to give them two weeks to reply, but i do not hold my breathe on this.

if i do not here - what is the next step?

The warranty is the installation warranty not an insurance one and there are no 'big' brands involved.

What is the MD you ask me to find? sorry not that good with abbreviations. :|

Managing Director of the company.

Investigate/complain direct to him/her and ask him/her what they are going to do about the problem.

ims