Jamie V`s Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6390 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everybody and good luck

Ok where to start, ahh the begining

Sent off Data act letter

Received statements then started phase 2

Received this morning a letter requesting another £5 for account statements even though i have already sent a £10 cheque which was cashed, and until they receive this they will take no further action.

The only thing i can think of is that i sent the request for statements to my local branch and the phase 2 letter to leeds, i sent a photocopy of all the statements with charges on (all highlighted in green) that i intended to claim back.

Anyone got any ideas or had the same problem :idea: :idea:

thanks in advance jamie

Your question is unclear?????

;) nn

FAQs: click here: http://READ THESE

Any views or opinions expressed are in good faith, to the best of my ability. I don't like to admit it, but I have been known to be wrong. Check other threads and if in doubt, seek professional advice.

Abbey: SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

BoS M/card SETTLED 27/09:lol:

Aqua CC (Halifax) SETTLED 28/06 :lol:

GMAC Request for refund 14/6; Prelim 31/7; LBA 11/9

First National Mortgage Data Protection Act sent 14/6 Statements 26/7

Cap 1 - SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

Abbey x 2: 50% offer refused AQ filed

sorry

ive sent off the data protection letter to my local branch for statments, i recieved them and sorted through them, i then photocopied the relevant statements with charges on and highlighted them and sent these with the "preliminary approach letter" to po box address in leeds and not my local branch which i got the reply

" we can provide the requested but there is a £5 statement charge and there will be no action taken until we (halifax) receive this.

the majority of transactions are automated ................... The only manual intervention is when a refund is made. if you need more info contact ........."

signed

kay campbell

so do i have to start again and send more money and get more statements or should i send a photocopy of the original letter asking for staements along with teh cheque number they cashed or are they just trying to get a little more time out of it , sorry im new to this and im not sure of the process

hope this makes it clearer

So you've had your statements already, worked out your charges & sent the prelim letter, yes?

If that's the case, it sounds like they've just lost the plot a bit. You've already had your statements, so certainly don't need to send money off to receive them again.

The clock started ticking for you when you sent your prelim letter - if you offered them the standard 14 days to respond (by paying your charges back in full), then wait until that time has elapsed and fire off your Letter Before Action.

All the best with your claim,

Lucy.

Lucycat vs. Halifax 13/9 - £4496.99 - WON!

Lucycat vs. MBNA (Alliance & Leicester) - 16/11 - Offer of £295 received - pursuing £575.

Lucycat vs. HSBC - 15/11 - MCOL filed - £1438 (& interest at 8% - another £392.49)

Lucycat vs. Capital One 15/11 - Offer of £136 received - pursuing £340.

Lucycat vs. Halifax - Mortgage ERC - 18/10 - LBA sent - £466.32.

Lucycat vs. Halifax - Mortgage Charges - 9/11 - D.P.A. Non-Compliance letter delivered.

Lucycat vs. LloydsTSB - Loan PPI - 5/10 - Statement received.

Lucycat vs. LloydsTSB - 20/10 - Prelim sent for £45 - returned undelivered, recipient has 'gone away'...! :o

* Lucycat vs. Carphone Warehouse - 13/11 - S.A.R. delivered. * Lucycat vs. Volkswagen Finance - 9/11 - S.A.R. delivered. * Lucycat vs. Barclaycard - 15/11 - S.A.R. sent out.

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought id update, had to work away but sent off LBA on 2nd of october, didnt put a phone number on my contact details but maybe they wont bother offering me a ridiculous sum of money

Over 6 years ive had £730 of charges

I hope they pay and i dont have to go court, although what i have read that is highly unlikely but heyho we shall see

Wish me luck,

Next stage

Court action i guess

where at the exact same dates !

best of luck !

but i dont think we'll need it:)

Prelimary sent 18/9/06

:-)

£420 first offer 30/9/06 :mad:

LBA & partial acceptance sent 2/10/06:-)

Halifax acknowledge refusal of full and final settlement 5/10/06

Money claim issued 10/10/06

Acknowledged by Halif%&ers 12/10/06

jonnyb321 i dont think we will need luck, thanks to all here who help

Had a letter off halifax today saying my complaint has been acknowledged and i should contact them, Also that i was at level 2 in the "complaints procedure"

Also in the letter there was a leaflet on personal customer complaints

Should i ring them or just start court proceeedings in 7 days ?

cheers in advance

Stick to your timetable.

• Confused 1

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

as long as all deadlines expire at the same time, and they are below the 5k I see no reason why not

I started them all at the same time but did it on just one letter, ( all four sort codes and account numbers)

i split my spreadsheet and added an extra column with the account to which the charge associated

:?:

Hi

going to MCOL this afternoon after i got up (shift worker :))

And low and behold a bloody letter from halifax, offering me 80% of my total charges incurred.

Im going to take this as i believe that it does cost them a small amount of money when i bounce a cheque or a direct debit

Im thinking they have reduced the cost to around £8 , this is what the offer equates to.

I would just like to say a big thanks to all that have helped.

And a final note .....

I have 2 credit cards with them and the rollercoaster starts again :)

Good luck all

Of course you will have the people here (including myself) who will ask you the question why you would want to settle for anything less than what they owe you..do you really believe it costs them £8.00 to bounce a direct debit, that equates to an hourly rate for someone to sit there and do it (and we know manual intervention is very unlikely) and it certainly wouldnt take someone an hour to bounce your dd if they did do it manually...

However... this is entirely your own business, you do whatever you think is best for you...you are very near the end of your claim with halifax as they are pretty good at paying out shortly after MCOL has been issued, but as i say, it is entirely up to you....

Best of luck with whatever you decide

Sharon