Contractual issues Carcraft/Creation Finance re-titled (member mfaal1 )

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4677 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i agree with postggj you did not tell us that because we signed on site we lost our consumer rights and i do not understand how that can be. we were told serveral times that we could cancell and then to find out after that it cancells it out because we came in store is shocking.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well well

finally getting somewhere

do you have creation finance underwriters staff on the premises to sign off the loans after the customer,

and is creation part of this group who allow car craft staff to sign off

when does creation sign the agreement to execute the loan for the finance company

not car craft signature

Guest Carcraft Customer Service Manager

We sign on behalf of Creation.This is a private arrangement between the 2 companies.Regardless of who signs on behalf of the finance company it clearly states the below:This is a Credit Agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974. Sign it only if you want to be legally bound by its terms.So if the consumer is unhappy with the price, they should not sign the legally binding document until they have shopped around and are happy.We will continue the complaint directly with the customer now.

so what we have is this

1/ customer signs on trade premises

2/ car craft sign off the agreement on authorization from the finance company

3/ customer leaves with car

4/ customer returns car next day and wishes to cancel the agreement

5/ car craft say no way

when did you send the finance agreement off to creation then to execute the agreement, its only been 24 hours

mfaal1

do you have a copy of the agreement

The credit agreement is signed by Carcraft (on behalf of Creation) then it is signed by the customer. Therefore the agreement is executed on site. The documents are then sent to Creation in due course. An agreement become executed and legally binding upon being signed by both parties.

its fine postggj thanx for your help i just feel like i am been told the same thing in different ways. its very frustrating because its just put a downer on what should have been an awesome present, its sad that people are being mislead especially when we asked if we could cancell and was told we had 14days.

Thay have jsut called saying that we can not swop the car or cancell the finance all i want is a car worth £7,229 and i would be happy

they are saying that is what they valued it at but thats not the book price and to find cars cheaper on ther website and on new plates is gutting

we contacted the police after they came to our house trying to bully us and they said its a civial matter but because they have come to the house it becomes more serious i know my local MP and will dicuss the matter with him later

thanx for your help guys

sort of

its executed when the agreement is sent to the finance company

normally 48 hours after the event

carcaraft have denied this debtor her cancellation rights even though signed on trade premises

i will be sending this person a letter pursuant to your complaints procedure for which you will have eight weeks to respond and give the option of passing up to the oft or financial ombudsman

when she sends it, you will have to reply to every point made

at least it will be in writing

ill be following this thread now

your business practice leaves a lot to be desired

QUESTION

WHEN A CLIENT SIGNS AN AGREEMENT WITH CAR CRAFT

DO YOU INFORM THEM THAT THEY CANT CANCEL IT ???

My mum took the car back on the 29/5/85 cos they told her to and 2guys turned up at our house with the car telling my mum she had to have the car it was horrible and also 1 of them had spat all in the car its gross

this has moved up a gear now

seems a formal complaint to the oft is now in order but we have to go thorough the complaints procedure first

did you have any witness to this occurrence and who has the car now

yeh the whole street was out we have a park over the road so most of the neighbours were out in the sun my sister me and mum were in the house

CarCraft leeds have the car and have had it since sunday morning

mfaal1

ime sending you a personal message with my email address, please reply with yours as ime going to do some letters for you

lets hope car craft do the right thing as this is bad publicity and throughout this thread they have not done much to improve there image

The Customer purchased a vehicle and signed a legally binding document which stated that they were at this time happy with the purchase.

If the customer is unhappy with the price given, or feels that they can get a similar vehicle cheaper elsewhere,

then they are entitled to do their homework prior to signing for a car at Carcraft.

If a customer then finds another car they like elsewhere that is cheaper and then want to return their original vehicle back to Carcraft

- We simply cannot do this

There is nothing wrong with the vehicle and a legally binding contract has been put in place.

Let me put this analogy to you – If you got a mortgage and picked a house, which at the time you liked,

but then after moving in, you found another house down the road which you equally liked but was slightly cheaper,

would you expect the mortgage company to let you hand back the house because you no longer like it?

This in principal is the same thing, there is nothing wrong with the vehicle other than the fact you don’t like the price after purchase.

It has been stated that you want a vehicle at ‘Market value’ – Carcraft is a business, and I refer you back to my second sentence,

alongside this, a vehicle you may have seen elsewhere may be cheaper and may be younger,

but may have a higher mileage or different specification etc.

I apologise that you will be unhappy with this response, and others given to you by other members of Carcraft,

but as far as I am aware Carcraft have done nothing wrong other than sell you a vehicle which you later decided was not the price you wanted.

Ime not going down the route of ranting at gutter level

it will be the oft now who will decide on your fitness to retain your credit license for unethical business practice

a formal complaint in this matter will be coming your way and to explain the conduct of your staff and your business practice which is no more than the old snake oil routine

i am highly dubious of this practice that you state of signing off for the underwriters, consumer direct and the fsa will advise on that one

mfaal1

can you scan your agreement please and save as a pdf document

thanks

Hi Karen

With all due respect - any investigations regarding prices needed to be affected prior to purchase.

However in relation to you conversation you had with 'S' earlier, she will once again speak with Leeds Carcraft to see if anything can be done.

I cannot promise you anything at this stage, but i will promise you that we will ask the question again.

I am leaving for the day now but someone will be in touch with you tomorrow.

Many thanks

Linzi

thanks

thats all i am asking for is an independent impartial new pair of eyes to look over this dispute and see if it can be rectified

at the end of the day

you do not want bad publicity and lose a customer

regards

postggj

We do not act as underwriters - Creation have their own underwriters who approve the loan, we merely sign to execute the agreement on their behalf.If the customer requires us to put into writing he will need to request this himself, if he does so then this will be referred to our complaince dept. without hesitation for immediate action.

So if the finance company agree to cancell their part of the deal as they have already said they will, will you carcraft cancell yours

You still have the car at the end of the day