Still not sure whether i can claim back PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4479 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

dx100uk posted this link for me in an earlier post http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...notes/ppi.html

Problem is reading the post i'm still not sure whether i can claim back my PPI or at the least the extra interest they added onto the loan

I have had 2 loans, the 1st loan i claimed on and also when took out the 2nds loan that paid off the remaining 1st loan

Now according to this link http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?61081-PPI-Some-Notes-for-Claimants..(1-Viewing)-nbsp

I was not told:

1) 4- You were not told you could buy PPI elsewhere to cover the loan

2) 11 -Your PPI was an upfront premium and you repaid the loan early and received no refund

3) 3- You were not asked whether you had any other insurance which would cover the loan

So 1st question is:

1) Can i reclaim full PPI back even though i make a claim on it.

or

2) Can i claim back the interest they charged me.

Loan 2

Same as above, make a claim on it when on sick so can i claim back PPI + interest

2nd loan was £10650 + PPI £2505 + interest = £16937

Any advice on this would be a help, cause even if i could claim back interest that would be about £1800 on both loans i think

Hi there

Simple answer is yes you can claim back the ppi on both loans plus the interest they charged. In addition to that you will also claim 8% statutory interest.

If you have made claims on the ppi, then you deduct the amount you have been paid out from the claim you are making.

You will need to know the dates and amounts of each monthly ppi payment in order to work out what you can claim. Do you have the agreements and your bank statements showing the monthly repayments?

ims

OK

So you'll need to send a Subject Access Request (SAR) to Amex. It will cost you £10 and they will send you all the information they hold on you in respect of your dealings with them. It will include copies of the agreements and copy statements/transaction history. Send it recorded delivery and they will have 40 days to respond.

The documents you get back will enable you to prepare a Schedule of Claim (SOC) to send with your claim letter to Amex.

Also download and complete the questionaire from the fos website. This will also go in with your claim.

There is a template for a SAR request in the library. The link to the library is at the top of this page.

Get the sar docs back and you can take it from there.

ims

• 7 months later...
With Amex if you I no longer have an account with them where will I collect the SAR from please as there are no officer near me? Same with First Direct and HSBC?

It will be done through the post

ims