Easter Sunday I used my holiday but everyone else got paid ** SUCCESSS - HOURS CREDITED BACK **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4670 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I work for a large supermarket and I am contracted to work Sundays, quite some time ago I booked a week off work from Sunday (easter Sunday) to the following Saturday.

After recently speaking to a few colleagues I discovered that I didnt need to book easter sunday off as we got paid for it. I queried this with my new manager and she stated that my old manager should have told me this, she then spoke to wages who told her that there would be some uplift (dont know what this is) and that as my manager could gather I would effectively be paid twice for it. However, my wages did not reflect this, so I contacted wages and they stated that if I hadnt of booked the day off then I would have been paid for it, but as I booked it as holiday I got paid for it out of my holiday entitlement :-x So I have lost 8 hours of my holiday which I could have used somewhere else.

Is there anything I can do?

I think you probably need to speak to them again. You should either be paid or have that 8 hours credited back to you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If this is a supermarket then it will have been closed on Easter Sunday ? therefore she couldn't work that day so it must come out of her total annual
holiday
link3.gif
entitlement

Coffeecup are you sure others were paid.. as you can see from the comment above.. Supermarkets would have been closed on Easter Sunday.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Agreed. If the store was closed, then you don't take it as holiday and this should be reinstated. If they won't accept this verbally, then get a Grievance in as the company system should clearly have flagged this when it was booked.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

The following has also been suggested..

It all depends how many hours/days they are contracted to work. It gets very complicated in the retail sector as there can be many different part time contracts. The op really needs to ask how her holidays and
holiday
link3.gif
pay is calculated and allocated - preferably in writing (email?) then if she still doesn't undertand the explanation come back here and let us know what they say.

BCOBS

If this is a supermarket then it will have been closed on Easter Sunday ? therefore she couldn't work that day so it must come out of her total annual
holiday
link3.gif
entitlement

Coffeecup are you sure others were paid.. as you can see from the comment above.. Supermarkets would have been closed on Easter Sunday.

Im a 100% sure everyone else who was contracted to work on that day got paid. As I said I had this confirmed by my manager and the wages department. Apparently Easter Sunday is the only that we dont have to book off as they have to close.

I agree with 'CitizenB'...

You should check the content of your Terms & Conditions of employment...

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh well done, I will amend your title to reflect success :)

BCOBS