is this income or just family helping out?

cbbc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4708 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can any one tell me what is classed as income.

For example we have Sky television and the bill comes out of my account but my son actually pays for it and helps with all of the bills and mortgage.

My kids who dont live at home regularly bring me nice food and pay for things for me or give me money towards a big bill or car tax.

Is this income? They dont give me a set amount on a set day or anything but just help me out as and when.

The DWP can easily see that there is no way most of us could live with out a bit of help.

If it appears on your bank statement and the DWP or housing benefit need to see those statements then they'll ask questions about income that isn't either social security benefits or houisng benefit. If it appears regularly then it could affect your benefits.

Avoid any confusion and just use cash and leave your bank for the payment of benefits into and the payment of necessary utilities ie gas, elec etc

If its on paper you may be asked to justify it..

I dont get any cash paid into my account but I had sky tv when I was working and when I could no longer afford it my son who watches it more than I do said he would give me the money to pay for it.

My son gives me keep, he is down as a non dependant on my claim forms so do not get any DWP help with my mortgage.

I dont get any other regular payments, just help now and then.

If I have an unexpected bill then the kids help out, they have good jobs and I am struggling.

They buy me nice food and treats, I know I am very lucky.

Lovely family you have there. I think as long as they aren't basically paying your living expences & it's a casual now n then thing, they wont be interested in that at all. We all need a little help occasionally, I expect you would do the same for them or did at times.