When Lloyds sell off their branches...

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3469 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

The papers are full of the implications of Lloyds having to dump some branches, but one throwaway comment caught my eye - Virgin are apparently bidding in an effort to set up their own retail banking structure (Hmmn - as long as we don't expect banks to run on time we should be OK) and getting hold of the Lloyds branches will give them a running start, said one paper that I saw, because the branches would be sold as a going concern, customers, mortgages and all.

(Some of these "spare" branches are former Cheltenham and Gloucester outlets)

Now I don't mind the branch network being thinned out - provided it doesn't leave communities completely without access to banking - but I would object to my account being sold on to another lender without some serious consultation up front.

Anyone able to shed more light on this?

The only consultation might be with shareholders.

If you are a customer - and especially if you don't have much money then you are just a cash cow and when your udders are dry, you get sold off to the DCA's to be turned into glue.