• Tweets

• Moved to the Private Parking forum.
    • Good afternoon, I am writing because I am very frustrated. I received a parking fine from MET Parking Services Ltd , ( Southgate park Stansted CM24 1PY) . We stopped for a quick meal in Mcdonalds and were there fir around 30 mins. We always do this after flights and never received a parking fine before.  Reason: The vehicle left in Southgate car park without payment made for parking and the occupants southgate premises. they took some pictures of us leaving the car. i did not try and appeal it yet as I came across many forums that this is a scam and I should leave it. But I keep getting threatening letters.  Incident happened : 23/10/2023 I did contact Mcdonalds and they said this:  Joylyn (McDonald’s Customer Services) 5 Apr 2024, 12:05 BST Dear Laura, Thank you for contacting McDonald’s Customer Services. I’m sorry to hear that you have received a Parking Charge Notice following your visit to our Stansted restaurant.   We've introduced parking restrictions at some of our restaurants to make sure there are always parking spaces available for customers.   We appreciate that some visits such as birthday parties or large group visits might take longer and the parking restrictions aren't intended to stop this. If you think your stay will exceed the stated maximum parking time then please speak to a manager in advance.   Your number plate is scanned by our Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) system when you enter our car park, and then again when you leave. If you have overstayed the maximum time allowed, you will not be notified straight away- a Parking Charge Notice will be sent to you via the post.   If you feel that a Parking Charge Notice has been issued in error, please contact our approved contractors who issued the charge in order to appeal the charge. Unfortunately McDonald's are unable to revoke parking tickets- the outcome of the appeal is final and cannot be overturned by McDonald’s.   Many thanks for taking the time to contact McDonald’s Customer Services.   Can someone please help me out and suggest what I should do next?  Thank you 
    • Good Evening, I've got a fairly simple question but I'll provide some context incase needed. I've pursued a company that has operations in england despite them having no official office anywhere. I've managed to find a site they operate from and the papers there have been defended so I know they operate there. They've filed a defence which is honestly the worst defence ever, and despite being required to provide their witness evidence, they have not and have completely ignored the courts and my request for copies of it. I'm therefore considering applying to strike out their defence on the grounds the defence was rubbish and that they haven't provided any evidence for the trial. However, it has a trial date set for end of june, and a civil application wouldn't get heard until a week before then, so hardly worth it. However, my local court is very good at dealing with paper applications (i.e ones that don't need hearings, and frankly I think they are literally like 1-2 days from when you submit it to when a Judge sees it. I'm wondering if I can apply to strikeout a defence without a hearing OR whether a hearing is required for a strikeout application.   Thanks
    • I have just opened another bank acc with lloyds (i have a few already) After doing some research they may have some relation to tsb or be apart of the same group will this cause me issue if my salary is paid into my lloyds account? Also, if the debts do go into default and nothing is paid then after 6 years it all goes away? As the DCAs cannot do anything? I do want to start paying in like 3/4 months or do you advise I leave it if it goes into default? again sorry for all the questions, i am just processing everything
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

CPUTR 2008 questions and advice....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4606 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We should now be able to formulate replies, when threatened with legal proceedings, bearing mind that recently Creditors are failing to construct 'accurate and honest' reconstructions in the Courts lately and whilst a number of them have been claimants to remind them of the Authorities above, of the consequences of not 'getting it right' and initiating those proceedings

m2ae

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

important to note also that it was said in brookes that the decision in Carey '...established that the provision of a reconstituted agreement was sufficient to satisfy section 78.'

and '.....The interpretation of section 78 lay at the heart of these proceedings and they were discontinued once it had become clear as a result of the decision in Carey that they were doomed to fail.....'

so, as you said, it could be v unwise for a debtor to bring an action under s78.

imo

Exactly

.........they sought to find out whether in fact s61 had been complied with when in fact they ought to have ONLY gone as far as seeking s78 WITHOUT going to Court/initiating legal proceedings..once they realised that they were seeking 'beyond' that which could so easily have been done without the necessity of proceedings..gulp...they were 'up to their necks in it' and realised that they were not going to get an answer on s61 issue.

m2ae

Dont be...

in fact 'MAY' has less certainty about it...anyhow the principles for costs in terms of BINGING a CLAIM and then discontinuing are well stated in this...

Brookes V HSBC 2011

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2011/354.html

The judge's starting point was rule 38.6(1) which provides as follows:

"Unless the court orders otherwise, a claimant who discontinues is liable for the costs which a defendant against whom the claimant discontinues incurred on or before the date on which notice of discontinuance was served on the defendant."

m2ae

Can you please comment on what impact this has on costs incurred defending proceedings in Small Claims Court brought by the lender? Ta

The matrix is intrinsically flawed. Within it is the program for it's own destruction. If you are reading this, you are in the matrix and it's days are numbered...so watch out! :eek:

First response to my very first CPUTR 'have you got it' question to OC and reply simply doesn't mention it - goes on about I owe them blah and they will this and that but nowhere do they even mention or hint that I asked 'the' questions.... diddly squat.

So... completely negelecting to respond to a legitimate query? (It is a legitimate query isn;t it - or do I have to have an 'excuse' to ask if they have the original?)..... have replied again and complained.:|

First response to my very first CPUTR 'have you got it' question to OC and reply simply doesn't mention it - goes on about I owe them blah and they will this and that but nowhere do they even mention or hint that I asked 'the' questions.... diddly squat.

So... completely negelecting to respond to a legitimate query? (It is a legitimate query isn;t it - or do I have to have an 'excuse' to ask if they have the original?)..... have replied again and complained.:|

Yes... this is common among some creditors/DCAs and needs to be raised in a FORMAL COMPLAINT if they continue to pursue you. They may not and you may not hear from them again; time will tell.

I imagine evidence of you asking for confirmation whether they have an original, and evidence of being constantly ignores, would assist in a court situation? Or do you think the judge would simply say 'so what - why do you need to know that'.. I'm guessing my asking whether they have one and giving reasons such as 1. compare with illegible cca or 2. to ensure the information on cca is correct and can be verified would be acceptable?

There must be some way to link usefully this request with a leigitimate query that a judge would look kindly on and their refusal to reply not so kindly??

I imagine evidence of you asking for confirmation whether they have an original, and evidence of being constantly ignores, would assist in a court situation? Or do you think the judge would simply say 'so what - why do you need to know that'.. I'm guessing my asking whether they have one and giving reasons such as 1. compare with illegible cca or 2. to ensure the information on cca is correct and can be verified would be acceptable?

There must be some way to link usefully this request with a leigitimate query that a judge would look kindly on and their refusal to reply not so kindly??

Are you a Libra...? :lol:

You're tying yourself in knots again with ifs, buts and maybes..... imagination can be a killer.

lol.. Have a glass P1!

Basically - will a judge care if you asked for this information or not and care if they ignored you or not?

I am not a Libran! (where is my spittoon!)

I've no idea... I've never been to court (as yet).

If you get overly bogged down about whether you might go to court, what a Judge might do or might think, you might as well roll over now.... because it might never happen..... lol.

I like to try and think (!) one step ahead - and possibly reword some letters as well that might fit nicely into such a scenario, rather than just asking have you got the original (which on its own really has no justification has it?). Perhaps it would be best to come up with a legitimate reason? for asking this question? Their subsequent refusal to reply could then be seen to be unfair if you know what I mean?

I like to try and think (!) one step ahead - and possibly reword some letters as well that might fit nicely into such a scenario, rather than just asking have you got the original (which on its own really has no justification has it?). Perhaps it would be best to come up with a legitimate reason? for asking this question? Their subsequent refusal to reply could then be seen to be unfair if you know what I mean?

The justification is to check that a company is legally entitled to pursue you for money on an alleged debt or, to check on the terms and conditions that you put your alleged signature to.

They are both legitimate reasons to request docs..... a creditor' or DCAs refusal to comply is being awkward when faced with an additional direct request under CPUTR and there are potential sanctions for them playing silly b*ggers with you if they keep on doing this.

I know you have lots of questions about this but you are spreading them across LOADS of threads at the moment. If you kept to one thread only, then you'd be able to keep track on yourself and reduce the amount of knots you seem to be getting into at the same time.

Just a suggestion....

:-)

I was being good! When I go 'off track' people complain and say I should start a new thread - anyhow how's the stalking!? ;)

I'm still learning English by the way!

Well, if it's your own thread, then you can't really be accused of going off track..... 'coz it's yours.... lol!

I'm stalking you far too much tonight.... :madgrin:..... but you are everywhere.... lol. That's my excuse anyway.... :lol:

:-)

In a recent CCA request I used a variation of the following text - not exactly as it's shown so as not to help the DCA identify me!

It is now accepted that a reconstructed agreement can be provided in response to a CCA s77/78 request. If it is your intention to produce a reconstruction, please include in your reply a statement explaining the source of the data used to produce it and also confirm if you have a legible copy of the original document to produce in court in case you intend take legal action in future. Please remember your obligations under Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations (CPUTR) 2008 mean that you must not attempt to mislead. I will assume that if no statement is provided then you do not have either the original document in readable form or that you cannot verify the data used in the reconstruction.
OMWO

The justification is to check that a company is legally entitled to pursue you for money on an alleged debt or, to check on the terms and conditions that you put your alleged signature to.

Exactly. But even more - If an OC can't produce a copy of the original signed agreement and produces what it asserts is what you may have signed up to all that time ago, you are more than entitled to question it.

If the OC don't know (and without the original they can't know for sure) how are you supposed to know what you may have signed if you indeed signed anything at all.

PS: OMWO - Good letter m8.

Remember the costs implications in Brookes v HSBC...this can also be use to warn claimants that ignoring pre-court requests under CPUTR 2008 if they ignore you...but then later on intend to initiate proceedings to Enforce they must put the original into evidence...and that if they start proceedings only to discontinue the Authority can be used against them too.

However you should use this costs implications as a tool to dissuade them from bringing proceedings in the first place because they continue to ignore your requests to confirm/deny existence or that an original had been executed by and on behalf of both parties as defined in s61

Remember Brookes v HSBC also said that s78 is there to suspend enforcement and that it was unnecessary to go to court as the section effectively provided as much.

Let them provide you with s78...they will then say 'our obligations have been fulfilled'.......BUT that is all..that does not mean that they have satisfied s61

If THEY then wish to take it further..they will have to initiate proceedings under s61...and if they have been continuing to dodge those requests then this fact must be brought to their attention in relation to costs implications...which will certainly make them think twice from issuing in the first place.

m2ae

Edited by means2anend

Can you please comment on what impact this has on costs incurred defending proceedings in Small Claims Court brought by the lender? Ta

Good question BTM...remember Brookes v Hsbc CA 2011and the reference to Rule 38 is within the context of DISCONTINUANCE in the HIGH COURT..but rule 44.12 below explains the procedure in answer to your question

Liability for costs

38.6(1)Unless the court orders otherwise, a claimant who discontinues is liable for the costs which a defendant against whom the claimant discontinues incurred on or before the date on which notice of discontinuance was served on the defendant.

(2)If proceedings are only partly discontinued –

(a)the claimant is liable under paragraph (1) for costs relating only to the part of the proceedings which he is discontinuing; and

(b)unless the court orders otherwise, the costs which the claimant is liable to pay must not be assessed until the conclusion of the rest of the proceedings.

(3)This rule does not apply to claims allocated to the small claims track.

(Rule 44.12 provides for the basis of assessment where the right to costs arises on discontinuance and contains provisions about when a costs order is deemed to have been made and applying for an order under section 194(3) of the Legal Services Act 2007)

Here are the links..

http://www.justice.gov.uk/guidance/courts-and-tribunals/courts/procedure-rules/civil/contents/parts/part38.htm

http://www.justice.gov.uk/guidance/courts-and-tribunals/courts/procedure-rules/civil/contents/parts/part44.htm

rgds

m2ae:-)

Edited by means2anend

So in connection with the above post...if a certain solicitor starts proceedings against you in the Small claims court (and we all know who HE is...famous for discontinuing too) you can use the Rule in 38 (3) that refers to Rule 44.12 to warn him off BEFORE proceedings start..a 'friendly timed reminder' so to speak.:wink:

LOOK TO RULE 44.3 especially

http://www.justice.gov.uk/guidance/courts-and-tribunals/courts/procedure-rules/civil/contents/parts/part44.htm#IDADEGT

and especially 44.6(d)...costs BEFORE proceedings have begun

m2ae:-)

Edited by means2anend

This is very dangerous. Quoting this, that, and the other rule, which refers to this, that, or the other rule, is just going to lose you favour with any Judge on first contact. By all means outline your case, but don't start relying on technicalities to defend your position in that way. Do so at your peril. I should know...

This is very dangerous. Quoting this, that, and the other rule, which refers to this, that, or the other rule, is just going to lose you favour with any Judge on first contact. By all means outline your case, but don't start relying on technicalities to defend your position in that way. Do so at your peril. I should know...

Are you able to go into a little detail about what happened in your case Car?

Yes I am ware of that and I do not imply that a particular rule can be used generally'...the defendant needs to know their particular case...i was merely making them aware OF the rules....I am not in particular aware of anyones case in depth and I think or hope that one understands this..One can see plainly from for example 44.3 that the Judge will take a number of factors into account.

But thanks for your reminder:-)

m2ae