CPUTR 2008 questions and advice....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4580 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We could really do with a thread dedicated to fighting claims based on recons. Quite a few creditors/dca's seem to be chancing their arm with this now, and it needs to be vigorously overturned, either at preaction stage (forcing them to produce documents and going for an unless order/strike out for non compliance) or with all the relevant arguments/case law in one place.

Elsa x

Certainly looks that way Elsa it used to take weeks for a recon to surface

now it's as if they have a stack ready printed or a template on their systems,

waiting for the threat monkey to press the button.:madgrin:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Sounds like a good idea.... although there's a risk it might get as long as the "Manchester" thread. I've often considered editing it down but think it might take over my life :!:.... so haven't done anything about it so far.

Aye, I started doing the same thing with the legal issues threads...arghhhhhhhhhhhh!!! So much repeated/conflicting/changing info it's a nightmare.

There's a case on here at moment where the OP has received a claim and they've refused (so far) to provide original, stating they supplied a recon last year in response to a CCA request and that's what they'll be relying on. Fortunately they put the wrong address on it but we ain't going to tell them that yet, LOL.

On another thread a totally gormless DCA refused a CCA request on a defaulted/terminated agreement on grounds that s 77-79 only applies during the currency of the agreement. Eh? Whilever there's (alleged) money owing, it's current. The world has gone mad. :sad:

Edit to add link: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?276583-1st-Credit-amp-LCS-Battle-court-papers-received-help/page17

Edited by Undercover-Elsa

Aye, I started doing the same thing with the legal issues threads...arghhhhhhhhhhhh!!! So much repeated/conflicting/changing info it's a nightmare.

There's a case on here at moment where the OP has received a claim and they've refused (so far) to provide original, stating they supplied a recon last year in response to a CCA request and that's what they'll be relying on. Fortunately they put the wrong address on it but we ain't going to tell them that yet, LOL.

On another thread a totally gormless DCA refused a CCA request on a defaulted/terminated agreement on grounds that s 77-79 only applies during the currency of the agreement. Eh? Whilever there's (alleged) money owing, it's current. The world has gone mad. :sad:

CPUTR can be used in both of those scenarios..... much better used prior to court action though, IMO.

Afternoon ladies and gentlemen,

The member means2anend, recommended that i ask for further help on this section to my questions and what further action to take, he specifically mentions CPUTR and i would be most appreciative should any member point me in the right direction.

The thread is titled 'Red debt help' in the Debt Industry forum and i have just made a post in there so should be easy to find, my username being 'lincsloon', thanks in advance.

regards

lincs

We could really do with a thread dedicated to fighting claims based on recons. Quite a few creditors/dca's seem to be chancing their arm with this now, and it needs to be vigorously overturned, either at preaction stage (forcing them to produce documents and going for an unless order/strike out for non compliance) or with all the relevant arguments/case law in one place.

Elsa x

Totally agree Elsa. :thumb: CAG has to continually adapt to the tactics being used by the opposition now, not only what they used in the past.

The matrix is intrinsically flawed. Within it is the program for it's own destruction. If you are reading this, you are in the matrix and it's days are numbered...so watch out! :eek:

It is certainly a whole new game now, and progressing a

great rate.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

What is a recon agreement ?................................I have just seen one where the only thing on it that could be deemed to be correct is the persons name & address, the rest (it was for a loan) was totally wrong, the amount was for about 4 times the correct amount, the ref number was wrong, the apr and the term over which it was to be re paid was wrong..........................................Surely it has to resemble the original a bit more than that?

Dispatch, “We have a 911, Armed Robbery in progress, see Surplus Store corner of Peebles Drive and West 24th Street”

Hi Sttersthwate,

A reconstituted agreement consisting of all the original and varied

terms and conditions,including original and varied interest rates, but

without the signatures of the borrower or lender.

These are being accepted more and more by the courts,

especially when supported by statements of the account

showing the debtors payments and or withdrawals on the

account,also often a signed application for is produced.

To get all the data from the OC it is necessary to do a Subject Access Request

under the Data Protection Act 1998.

This will one of the famous ''CLERICAL ERRORS'',

I believe if a recon is received you must do the

SAR to the OC.

CPR 31.16 (2) application must be supported by evidence?

Yes and like Carey et all he was the Claimant...therefore the burden fell upon him to show that the originally signed executed agreement existed as opposed to simply relying upon the defendant to fail to come up with one.

Secondly the beauty of CPUTR 2008 is that it is a pre-court tool which can get around that burden by getting the DCA/OC to confirm/deny whether one does in fact exist....the idea is to get in quick.

Challenging Reconstituted agreements would be most timely and would iron out the confusion between s77/s78/s61/s189 Carey @ paras 108 and 234,proof of information and proof of execution purposes and explaining why recons do not need a siggy due to Copies of Documents and Cancellation Of Notices Regulations 1983 and how the DCA/OC use this piece of legislation to get around the fact that they do not have an original signed executed agreement and attempt to pass it off as a s61 copy and the power of s127(3)

rgds

m2ae

Edited by means2anend
change 'debto'r to' defendan't