Would Anyone like to share any dealing with the Halifax???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4707 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Oaky then this post is really about sharing any past/current experiances with Halifax Bank.

I currently have 4 accounts with them and am managing my own debt management.

Okay i will start and please feel free to reply add your own problem and we can discuss and get advice from the great people on this site.

I have a loan with the halifax and in October informed them that i was struggline to meet the monthly payment and that i was with the cccs to help manage my payments.

So the cccs contacted the halifax on my behalf and i starting paying £110 a month,never heard anything from the halifax which was great until my 6 month statement come and to my horror i was paying them £110 and they were still charging me £97 intrest meaning it would take me 757 months to pay them back which is actually 38 years, God i would be 63 lol,

Anyway Halifax will not budge and tbh i think they just want to sell my laon to someone else to deal with because i cannot see halifax waiting 757 to get there money back, Anyway last week i had a default notice and a £50 charge for it. With a lovely piece about that if they take me to court and they win they will not only have to paid what i owe them but court costs and intrest, Talk about David and Galieth!!

Letter being drafted up now to make a formal complaint to both the CEO and Halifax complaints department also have just been in touch with the fos and they sounded really intrested and will be discussing it further on Tuesday!

Feel free to share

Cheers

I also have a loan with Halifax. Out of all my creditors they have been the most difficult. It's been passed to as many DCA's, most of who have told me my offer of repayment was not good enough. I now refuse to communicate with the DCA's and will only communicate with halifax themselves, this brings problems of it's own as Halifax keep claiming they never received any of my letters even though I have proof of posting and proof of delivery. Most of the letters they received, some of them they never received as they refused to sign for them.

I've made an offer of token payments of £1 to the latest DCA, this was weeks ago and I've never had a reply. £1 doesn't sound much but it's actually more than I can afford at the moment.

It would take me 200+ years to repay the debt I owe to them so they got no chance of them being repaid in full.

I've requested that they take me to court, I know they received the letter but if they don't respond to it then I'll make no further attempts to resolve the situation. I'm not refusing to pay but feel like no matter how much I try the situation is never going to be resolved.

I've filed all the letters received from them and DCA's regarding this account, I've also filed a copy of all the letters I've sent them including proof of postage & delivery, the file weighs close to 10kgs.

Well that's my experiences.

Oh and 3 years after they registered a default on my credit report I've still not received a default notice despite requesting several times for them to send me a copy of it.

Edited by WhatALife

Have £20k+ in debt, seriously want to be debt free, currently in temporary accomodation and having business problems.

What a life unfortunately this is what it looks like i will have to do, it is the only thing that i will be able to doas the halifax just do not want to know me now that i cannot afford to pay them the full amount each month, i offered them £115 should pay £224, thought it was reseanable but i was wrong, but the best part of it now is that i only pay them £1 so they are worse off, and they are going to sell it on and get peanuts... Makes no sense, But hey i feel a thick, large heavy folder being produced over the next 12 months

Wish me luck on my journey

Tingy i will be onto that website now....Hope all is well

yeah cheers cadbury yep all is welcome i have a set up with them on my credit cards with them and i pay 1% intrest and pay them a reduced settlement, its when its get to unsercured personal loans they have a problem with and is not making my life easy much..

I had a bank account with shallowfax for 15 years, had a personal loan of 25k plus CC with a 15k limit, obviously I was in a well paid Job and could afford to meet all the payments, some months I would pay the card off in full. Everything was going swimmingly until I ended up being made redundant following a near fatal accident, and during my rehabilitation I was informed that I would lose my job some 12 months later, so I made an appointment with the bank to speak to one of their financial advisor's.

Went to the meeting still on crutches, explained my predicament, and that I would need advice as to how to go about paying them the money I owe, and was absolutely stunned when this so called financial advisor, offered me another 25k loan!!!

I was unable to sign any documents due to my mental ability at the time, but just to make sure he had heard me correctly I reiterated what I had said, "I will be being made redundant in about 12 months, I will be unable to work again due to my injuries, and I know I owe you a fair amount of money, but how do I go about repaying this?"

The same answer "We can offer you another 25k loan to pay off your current loan and a bit off your card"

"OK but how will I pay that back?"

"Well you would have to work something out wouldn't you...."

Thanked him for wasting 30 minutes of my life, promptly left, owing them 25k and a maxed out CC for 15k.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!