HSBC Bank are causing problems

shara
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4687 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had by HSBC currant account for over 20 years. Due to being ill I was unable to pay funds in, so I called them and made a verbal agreement with the HSBC that they would cover my direct debits for 1 week after which funds would be paid in.

As agreed I transferred funds in = £1,000.00 and was given an authorisation number. Later the same day I was informed that all my direct debits had been permanently cancelled by the HSBC. A few days after this I was informed that there was no transfer made, it transpired some weeks later that they had not collected the £1,000.00 funds after it being authorised.

When I received my statement I had been charged for all the returned direct debits despite the agreement being in place. They have continued to apply cancelation charges for DD, SO for several months even though they said all DD were permanently cancelled, plus I wrote to them telling then to cancel all DD, SO and payments leaving the account as I had set them up with another bank as per thier instructions to me.

I decided to pay in £80.00 per month to clear my official over draft, as it was my intention of close the account once the OD was paid. In January they refused to allow me to pay money into the account and are now taking me to court.

I refuse to pay their DD cancelation fees as we had a verbal agreement in place plus they cancelled them all.

They have refused to see reason and have failed to try and come to a compromise re these charges, which now exceed £900.00. They have bombarded me with nuisance phone calls at least 20 per day and destroyed my credit rating.

They should be done for false advertising- They are not the most helpful bank. They are just common con artists.

Let me know your views any advise would be kindly appriciated. I will keep you posted with the outcome of the court case that I am defending.

Hi Shara , welcome to the forum ... it looks as if your post has slipped through the net .. but here goes ..

If you intend to defend in court , make sure that all you have told us here is included, with documentary evidence where possible .. in chronological order so that the judge can follow it easily ....judges like things simple that they can follow ... :roll:

You could also write to the bank (recorded Delivery at least) telling them to give up on the phone calls or you will report them to

Ofcom as a nuisance company (there is a letter in the Templates Library for this )... then, after giving them time to take this on board, if they persist ... log every call they make so that you can show the court what a sorry lot they are ....

I wish you luck with your case and if you can please let us know how it progresses ... it will help others on here ...

and of course , if you need further help ... you only have to ask ,... someone will answer ... :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D