HFO Capital/Services/Roxburghe - OFT Minded to Revoke Licences!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3416 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well Im trying to keep up with it all, but stuck on this poxy little island off the cost of Skye still for another week doesn't help (hardly been on the forum for over a month).

Poor little Bart must have the boo hoo's

My advice is given through personal experience and is given without prejudice

If I Have helped please feel free to click the star

:smile:

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We still need to keep the complaints going in. I have one for supplying a reduced and unreadable copy of a credit application in reply to my cca 78. and then ignoring the in dispute letter.

Do we have a contact name in the OFT to write to?

We still need to keep the complaints going in. I have one for supplying a reduced and unreadable copy of a credit application in reply to my cca 78. and then ignoring the in dispute letter.

Do we have a contact name in the OFT to write to?

I would like to know a contact name in the OfT as well, I am happy to collate some online information about what Roxburghe get up to.

Also I believe we should all now raise this with the DVLA for them to investigate (i.e. block Roxburghe), since a FOI showed for some reason that Roxburghe (a debt-collector!) were in the top 5 'parking companies'(?!) who reckoned they had reason to get DVLA info last year. I know Roxburghe stick their nose in lots more areas than parking 'debts' but this makes interesting reading I think:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2011/04/dvla_driving.html

QUOTE BBC WATCHDOG BLOG (from April Fool's day!):

'...response to our FOI (number one Parking Eye down to number five Roxburghe UK)?

I can confirm that the companies have been listed below in the order in which the most requests were made.

Parking Eye

Ranger Services

APCOA Parking

Excel Parking

Roxburghe UK

5. How does the DVLA check that private parking companies are complying with the BPA code of practice before the DVLA supplies registered keeper details to those companies?

Each company is required to demonstrate compliance with the BPA Code of Practice before membership will be granted....'

That BBC blog is worth reading and surely mega complaints to the DVLA must now flood in. How could Roxburghe pass themselves off as having 'reasonable cause' for the info anyway since they are not a parking company? Who was stopping Roxburghe gathering info to just pass on to DVLA banned companies then? What are the DVLA going to do about the latest developments?

Edited by Coupon

Also I believe we should all now raise this with the DVLA for them to investigate (i.e. block Roxburghe), since a FOI showed for some reason that Roxburghe (a debt-collector!) were in the top 5 'parking companies'(?!) who reckoned they had reason to get DVLA info last year. I know Roxburghe stick their nose in lots more areas than parking 'debts' but this makes interesting reading I think:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2011/04/dvla_driving.html

That BBC blog is worth reading and surely mega complaints to the DVLA must now flood in. How could Roxburghe pass themselves off as having 'reasonable cause' for the info anyway since they are not a parking company? Who was stopping Roxburghe gathering info to just pass on to DVLA banned companies then? What are the DVLA going to do about the latest developments?

There has been a Roxburghe thread in this forum where someone was being chased for a parking fine at a hospital. I'll dig it out and post the thread into this one.

Here it is: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?305322-Roxburghe-Debt-Collectors&highlight=roxburghe

Edited by Tootles1971
added link to another thread

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday, and all is well!

Hi Joe, what do you mean?

Complaints now have to be made thick and fast about current and previous encounters with this bunch, let us see if we can get past judgements and harassment reviewed

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

We really need to find as many people as possible who have been affect by this group from parking tickets, telephone harassment, abuse of personal data, fake delivery cards, default and defended CCJs, any court claims, payment arrangements made included inflated interest, charging orders on homes, etc etc Anything at all. May be busy here!

donate

Sobell is the name behind Graham White Solicitors who are also a part of Roxburghe. Sobell is under investigation by the SRA.

Hi Joe Q. What is the investigation for? I think he simply allows his name to be used on letterheads, probably at £2 a shot – not sure he’s that active.

Hi Joe Q. What is the investigation for? I think he simply allows his name to be used on letterheads, probably at £2 a shot – not sure he’s that active.

Sobell is being investigated for issuing empty legal threats in his letters to do with fake parking tickets.

some useful links for complaints

OFT http://www.oft.gov.uk/ for the attention of James Waldron

MOJ via http://www.justice.gov.uk/contactus.htm

Local MP via http://www.writetothem.com/

ICO via http://www.ico.gov.uk/complaints/data_protection.aspx

OFT Guidance link

This helps when drafting a letter to OFT

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?416-The-OFT-Debt-collection-guidance

donate

This goes in the post tomorrow.

Dear Mr Waldron,

I wish to bring your attention to a debt collection agency named HFO Capital/Services.

It would seem Barclaycard sold an old to Morgan Stanley Gold Card account to HFO Capital Ltd a Cayman Islands company in August 2008.

The first I knew of this is when I received a letter from HFO Services limited dated 9 August 2010 informing me that they are managing the account for HFO Capital with a 12% interest rate being added (copy enclosed).

Following this letter I sent a CCA 78 request to HFO Services on 14 September 2010 (copy enclosed.

In reply to my CCA 78 request I received an unreadable reduced copy of an application form (copy enclosed). I wrote to HFO pointing out their failure to properly comply with my lawful request (copy enclosed).

HFO Services have not fulfilled their obligations to date but still press for payment and make statements like “Once we obtain Judgment” and “County Court Bailiffs will visit my address”.

I fined the actions of this company very distressing and would appreciate your assistance in this matter.

If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Your sincerely

Rev.Ian

Hopefully they will make the Minded to Refuse permanent, then our work here will have acheived some satisfaction, but I still think the court cases ought to be pulled and looked at in view of their incompetenece, maybe the Ministry of Justice could have a role in this?

How many poor peeps have been stung by this lot when they were almost stat barred (and stung by the 17% backdated interest) is unknown... and how many are paying through the nose when they should have a rebate also needs to be answered.

Hopefully they will make the Minded to Refuse permanent, then our work here will have acheived some satisfaction, but I still think the court cases ought to be pulled and looked at in view of their incompetenece, maybe the Ministry of Justice could have a role in this?

How many poor peeps have been stung by this lot when they were almost stat barred (and stung by the 17% backdated interest) is unknown... and how many are paying through the nose when they should have a rebate also needs to be answered.

Agreed, I do think at the very least a copy of the listing and a description of what it means should be included in every defence bundle against HFO, after all its public information and shows the true standing of the company in the eyes of the regulator, no smoke without fire and all that :-D

S.