Capquest and Statutory Demands

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4460 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi peeps!

My story briefly:

SD from CQ

Applied to set-aside and lost

Appealed decision and lost

Waiting for CQ to petition, but nothing as yet

The would be mad to petition anyway as I have no assets, and their share of my total debt once I wake up the dormant ones for BR is about 5%!

uteb.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It works fine - and the PDF is now on my Desktop.

Many thanks.

Smeagol

Thank you all for being part of a forum which sheds light into this murky world.

I used to be uncertain - but now I'm not so sure....

Found an interesting post on 38degrees about Bankers (et al) hiding behind bad sections in the Data Protection Act. If you want to change it add your support by voting for the proposal to change the legislation - and tell all of your friends (as I am doing here). The link is http://tinyurl.com/6fttnx5

Hi All just a quick question if the debts collectors write to me an avarege between 1 and 3 months once but I never reply to them just ignoring and put their letters in the bin does that means I acknowledge the DEBTS? ALTHOUGH THE DEBTS FROM 2002 AND THE LAST TIME I REMEMBRR. I PAID WAS ALMOST 6 YEARS AGO AND NEVER REPLIED TO THEIR LETTERS PLS ADVICE THX, ANOTHER QUESTION PLS IF U HAVE CCJ FOR HOW LONG REMAIN IN UR FILE THX

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?316081-Capquest-Statutory-Demand-Notice-Help-Needed-Please/page2

CapQuest issued SD on this one. OP decided to ignore as CQ had ignored his letters.

It would appear no further action has been taken - evidence IMHO that the SD was just being used as a debt collection tool.

I received similar in Feb 2010 from Crapquest, this prompted me to research SD's and that lead me here to CAG :wink: (see join date left...)

I ignored it and sent a CCA request, never had any follow up from the SD and they failed to provide a satisfactory CCA (just sent my application form).

The SB clock is running and everything falls off my CR file in August next year :whoo:can't wait!

Andrew

Escaped the DCA nightmare, now helping others start businesses

www.ukleakdetection.co.uk

• 1 month later...

CQ is desperate to get an actual signature to the extent that it fails, persistently, to comply with letters of authority signed (as understood by the Courts) by their "victim". Good for them because their actions amount to criminal harassment - an indictable offence.

This forum generally advises never providing a DCA with a handwritten signature whilst CQ will accept nothing less - to their cost, one suspects. My advice (which is generally worthless) is simply to ignore letters of harassment (keeping them all, of course) and just to let them keep on digging.

What do others think?

Smeagol

Thank you all for being part of a forum which sheds light into this murky world.

Found an interesting post on 38degrees about Bankers (et al) hiding behind bad sections in the Data Protection Act. If you want to change it add your support by voting for the proposal to change the legislation - and tell all of your friends (as I am doing here). The link is http://tinyurl.com/6fttnx5

Smeagol, if the letter is obviously harassment, then I agree with you.. ignore.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi there,

My partner was served a SD on Friday of last week.

We contacted Halifax to see when the last payment was made, they said Dec 2005. We also got a copy of his credit file and this debt is not listed at all.

Halifax could not give us the exact date in Dec as they only had limited information after passing the case over to CapQuest, therefore we are a bit unsure as to whether this is SB'd or not.

My question is what do we do now, do we simply ignore the SD, or write to CapQuest stating it is SB'd and hope that it is by now? Or is there someway of delaying any further action by them until the end of Dec by which time the debt will defo be SB'd.

Kindest regards

In addition, I would suggest a SAR to the Halifax. On what basis do they hold incomplete records (other than incompetence)?

Also check out the latest version of the OFT Codes of Practice which covers SDs by DCAs since the guidelines have been tightened, somewhat.

There is also excellent guidance on this forum about not acknowledging that you accept that there is a debt and that the matter is in serious dispute on that basis alone.

Smeagol

delete duplicate

Edited by Smeagol
Posted twice - keep getting this recently. How do I delete my post?

Smeagol

• 1 month later...