Wwfay and Ashbourne Management !!

wwfay
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4588 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyoneI stumbled across this website and it looks lik you are all having as much troble as me.I have been trying to cancel my gym memebership with ashbourne for weeks now and am at the stage where it had gone to debit collector agency,I simply cannot afford the payments due to financial problems. I wrote to them explaining this but also stating i was not geting the service they said they were goin to provide.Instructor said if i didnt turn up in 3 weeks someone would ring me and ask why and guess what no phone call and i have an answer machine with nothing on it.also after 3 months my ability and progress would be reviewed and guess what no they didnt. my record is placed in a folder where everyone can acess it and no changes have been made.Can someone please advise me where to go from here please please please?Fay x

Hi WWFay and welcome to CAG

I've started a new thread which you can use as this avoids hijacking someone else's. :-)

You need to read this thread - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?289465-Office-of-Fair-Trading-v-Ashbourne-Management-Services-9th.March-2011

And these -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?291124-Ashbourne-management

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?303196-Zemme-Vs-David-Lloyd-ARC-Trevor-Munn-Victory-Case-Closed

When did you join and what was the minimum m/ship period.

Who is the DCA involved.

When did you last use the gym or are you still going there.

Have you cancelled your DD by writing to your bank.

8-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi

Yes ive cancelled my direct debit with the bank

ARC credit management is the company they are using to get there arrears.

I havent been to the gym in 6months. and my membership was for 36mths @ £12 a month.

i have already written to them explaining that they were not providing the service they said they would

but what do i do now? do i write to them again and do i write to the collection agency? what do i put in these letters?

Fay

Hi Fay,

If you haven't yet done so, read the threads I have linked above.

The High Court ruling should be handed down this week. Wait until that has been analysed and then you can decide how to proceed.

Do nothing more for now.

8-)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Watch this thread for an update on the OFT -v- Ashbourne Management Ltd High Court ruling - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?289465-Office-of-Fair-Trading-v-Ashbourne-Management-Services-9th.March-2011

8-)

This great news!!!

But what do i do know?

Do i still need to write to ashbourne complaining and to the debt collectors?

Do i need to write to the office of fair trading stating my case?

Or will all contracts with ashbourne cease!

Hi Fay

I've copied your post above from the AML discussion thread. :-)

It's still early days to say how the High Court ruling will affect individual cases. Also, the OFT's summary says the court will make an Order following the judgement. No date has been given for the Order yet.

In any event, you can't complain to the OFT as they do not assist with individual cases.

Check here to see which of the contract types you have - http://www.oft.gov.uk/OFTwork/consumer-enforcement/consumer-enforcement-current/ashbourne/

If your contract was for 36 months, I think there's a decent chance Ashbourne will be unable to pursue the matter although you may have to pay a month's fee as 30 days Notice to Cancel.

Read the OFT summary, look at the specimen contracts and wait for the court's Order to be made.

8)

• 3 months later...

Hi Fay,

Any update on your case ?

Please read here and let us know if AMSL are still chasing you for any payments - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?320766-Ashbourne-Management-Services-Ltd-Contracts-longer-than-12-months

We can help and the OFT may be interested in your case.

:wink: