• Tweets

• No I'm not. Even if I was then comments on this forum wouldn't constitute legal advice in the formal sense. Now you've engaged a lawyer directly can I just make couple of final suggestions? Firstly make sure he is fully aware of the facts. And don't mix and match by taking his advice on one aspect while ploughing your own furrow on others.  Let us know how you get on now you have a solicitor acting for you.
    • Oil and gold prices have jumped, while shares have fallen.View the full article
    • Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
    • OMG! I Know! .... someone here with a chance to sue Highview for breach of GDPR with a very good chance of winning, I was excited reading it especially after all the work put in by site members and thinking he could hammer them for £££'s and then, the OP disappeared half way through. Although you never know the reason so all I can say is I hope the OP is alive and well regardless. I'd relish the chance to do them for that if they breached my GDPR.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Triton threatening to put a charge on my house

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I have been reading through the threads about Triton and would appreciate some advice on my situation.

I have a debt orginally with RBS which was transferred to Triton credit services in Oct last year.

I have never defaulted on the agreed reduced payments that I have arrived at with RBS or Triton but have to renew the agreement every 6 months.

I have now been told that if I do not pay them £400 a month ( which I cannot afford), which is what is expected as I am a home owner then they will take me to court and put a charge on my house.

I have never refused to pay or disputed that the debt is mine and I will pay it but cannot afford the increase- what should I do?

Any advice gratefully received.

D

What type of debt is this?

I have now been told that if I do not pay them £400 a month ( which I cannot afford), which is what is expected as I am a home owner then they will take me to court and put a charge on my house.
They would need to obtain a CCJ first which is a long long way of yet.

Hi

Well firstly, they should be following the lending code

http://www.lendingstandardsboard.org.uk/docs/lendingcode.pdf

particularly section 9

Why not use the letters in this link to help with your negotiations

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?609-Can-t-find-the-letter-you-want-Look-here

Use the budget planner in the link or use the one from National Debtline

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/budget_sheet.php?country=england_wales

You don't say what type of debt this is or whether they have agreed to reduce or freeze the interest rate and charges

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi

It is a bank loan with RBS, which I negotiated with them about when I first got into trouble paying ( hubby self employed etc).

There are no charges being added to the account.

At that time I used advice from here and made offer based on calculations of disposabe income, which RBS accepted and everything went well.

My account was then transferred to Triton which when they have started to demand ever increasing payments.

My income/outcome hasn't changed but they are saying that they have this amount of £400 a month that is 'expected' from home owners.

I currently pay £290 which I feel is reasonable.

Hi

It is a bank loan with RBS, which I negotiated with them about when I first got into trouble paying ( hubby self employed etc).

There are no charges being added to the account.

Any previous charges?

At that time I used advice from here and made offer based on calculations of disposabe income, which RBS accepted and everything went well.

My account was then transferred to Triton which when they have started to demand ever increasing payments.

If I'm not much mistaken, Triton are the in-house collectors for RBS

My income/outcome hasn't changed but they are saying that they have this amount of £400 a month that is 'expected' from home owners.

Did they put that in writing?

I currently pay £290 which I feel is reasonable.

I think you should do a recalculation and make a realistic offer. Your income may not have gone up but the cost of living has.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

They can expect what ever they want, doesn't say they will get it. What is being a home owner got to do with it?

Do they expect £400 from an unemployed home owner, but the rule doesn't apply to a tennents on £60k a year

Never heard such crap, what fairy tale book did they pull that from? But then all these collection agents are they same, tell you any old cobblers to squeeze every last penny out of you.

Triton are only RBS in house threat monkeys, just offer what you can realistically afford, if they don't like it tough.

Do it in writing and never speak to the cretins on the phone.

No previous charges, and no it isn't in writing about the £400. I was told this bit of info when I phoned them to have my 6 monthly review that at the next review ( Sept time) they will not accept less then £400 and will start legal action

For one minute I thought I was reading my own thead! almost duplicate.. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?306013-Imminent-Charge-on-property-Lloyds-bank-Business-Loan-pse-help-someone...&p=3421091#post3421091

Im subbed and watching as already found some advice on your thread and mine RBS too.

Edited by cerberusalert
corrected link

muffintop

Won Nationwide £900 and £1908 Bank Charges

Lloyds personal account 1,861

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Abbey bank acc. Stayed 2008

CCA requested Barclaycard Nov 08 - n1 issued - GAVE UP

CCA Mbna Nov 08- n1 issued - GAVE UP

Marks and Spencer Money Nov 08 -lost found 2b enforceable.

Tomson Holiday - WON

if I help you tip my little scales it gives me a thrill. MT

Quite simply, Triton are not taking your personal circumstances into account. You have been open and honest so the first part of section 9 says it all

Subscribers should be sympathetic and positive when considering a customer’s financial difficulties. Although there is an onus on customers to try to help themselves, the first step, when a subscriber becomes aware of a customer’s financial difficulties, should be to try to contact the customer to discuss the matter. This applies to both personal and micro-enterprise customers.

Little confused as to the lending code.. does this cover business loans also.. it says must be familiar with consumer credit act but dont think a directors loan (business overdraft) is covered by this sort of agreement?

What sort of loan was this? an ordinary bank loan like a consilidation loan after you had overdraft I too would like to know what guidelines they have breached if any

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

No previous charges, and no it isn't in writing about the £400. I was told this bit of info when I phoned them to have my 6 monthly review that at the next review ( Sept time) they will not accept less then £400 and will start legal action

I just knew you were going to say that. This is just the reason we Caggers say STAY OFF THE PHONE. They will tell you things on the phone that they would never dare say in writing.

While you are making repayments, however small, they would look very foolish even trying to get this to court.

Thanks all you have helped so much and I feel much more in control of the situation now!Message received loud and clear about staying off the phone- communicaiton will be by writing only from now on.I have been looking at the lending code and have a couple of items I can quote to them for example they shouldn't be expecting a rise in payments if there has been no change in my income.

I would do an I&E for your own purposes then write back and say thank you for the opportunity to review your circumstances and you have done so and find that as your income has not changed but your priority expediture has increased considerable you are now only able to support £xx.xx (less than you are currently paying). Reset your Standing Order and thereafter ignore the next few letter-tantrums. When you get to your 3rd of these reduce it yet again. You do not have to show them your I&E or justify your position. As long as you are happy it is sensible then it is sufficient to make that simple sentance saying this is all you can aford. Only a judge can demand to see your I&E and this will never get to court. Every 6 months is it more than sufficient to write and say your circumstances haven't changed or they have deteriorated. Keep the answer phone on and write and say 'in writing only as you need a written record for traceability reasons following intimidating and unreasonable phone calls'.

Thanks site team.

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

So just clarify this is an unsecured debt? this is different from my case in that ours was a business loan .. I dont think that a business loan is covered by the CCA

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

• 4 months later...

An update. I sent a letter advising them that my cinrcumstances haven't changed and that I will continue to pay the agreed £290, and asking that we correspond only by post. They have replied in writing ( that's a start) enclosing a income and expenditure form saying I have to complete it in order for them to consider my offer. The form seem pretty intrusive - eg asking for name and adress of employer- any advice?

An update. I sent a letter advising them that my cinrcumstances haven't changed and that I will continue to pay the agreed £290, and asking that we correspond only by post. They have replied in writing ( that's a start) enclosing a income and expenditure form saying I have to complete it in order for them to consider my offer. The form seem pretty intrusive - eg asking for name and adress of employer- any advice?

Exactly what it is very intrusive. A little line with Only a judge can order this information but for courtsey I have enclosed a court orientated IE THATS ALL YOU NEED. AND YOU TELL THEM WHAT YOU CAN AFFORD. HAVE OVER 40K OF UNSECURED DEBT SOME WITH RBS

have me own house and have been paying token payments,,still got me house, never seen a court summons ( not yet ) and that is how I tell it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959

• 2 months later...