lloydstsb OD debt and Moorcroft

manxguy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4639 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all.

I have a debt with lloydstsb basically an overdraft that went heywire with all the charges etc.. lloyds finally passed it on to moorcroft who i contacted and arranged to pay 212.00 a month.. i did this for 2 months but this month i havnt been able to make the payment and moorcroft have sent me the following letter...

" our records show that you have defaulted on the agreement we reached with the result that you are now in arrears for the sum of 212.00

as a result of this your account has now been passed to our home collections department for action.

this may involve our local representative calling at your home address within the next few days to try to assist you and to seek to establish how you propose to settle the balance outstanding.

if however you wish to continue paying direct to this office you must send a payment to us for the full amount of the arreas.it is stressed that this payment must reach us no later than the 23/05/11.

we would emphassise that if no satisfactory agreement is made with us or or our local rep you may leave us with no alternative but to recommend to our client that solicitors commence legal proceedings against you without further notice."

I dont im afraid have the funds to pay the £212 this week only next week,so not sure what to do,do i call them or write to them if so what do i say is there a template letter heree?obviously i dont want someone knocking on my door.

please help.

manxguy

£212 A MONTH!!!!

My god they saw you coming!

I take it this is what they told you you had to pay??

It doesn't work like that I'm afraid, moorcr@p are not in any position of authority here, least of all to demand you pay them this extortionate amount!

Have you requested that they prove they are allowed to collect on this alleged debt?

Did the bank inform you that they were going to employ these clowns?

As it is for an overdraft, have you sight of all of the charges the bank has added on?

If so, reclaim ALL of their charges, this will then be used to offset the balance and bring down this alleged debt.

IGNORE moorcr@p, deal directly with the bank if you can. All you need tell Moorcr@p is that you dispute the amount they allege is owed as it is incorrect due to charges added by the bank.

NEVER EVER RING THEM. Keep EVERYTHING in writing, this will be your paper trail of evidence if it is ever needed.

Contact the bank, again preferably in writing and reclaim all of the charges they have added to the OD.

As for anyone knocking on your door, this isn't the 19th century we live in, those letter templates they still use were drawn up back when people actually believed the heavies would come knocking! They still like to use those myths just to intimidate people who know no better. Consumers have a lot more rights and legal knowledge these days.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi ..

the debt is £4600 and yes prob half of that is bank charges..212 was morocrofts suggestion and i just went with it to be honest.They said they were prepared to accept a lower figure only if i paid all at once which i dont have.

to answer some of your questions.

no i was not informed by the bank that moorcroft would be there agents..just a letter of moorcroft saying they were collecting onbelf of lloydstsb.. i do know on my credit file it has gone down as a default though.

lloydstsb have actually closed the asccount i think as i can no longer aqccess it online.

I didnt think i could reclaim the charges,how do i go about this and is there a letter i can use.

and as for moorcroft you suggest i write to them disputing the amount because it has bank charges included in it.again is there a template i can use.

sorry to be asking so much,but im not very good at writing letters like that.

thankyou for your help.

manxguy

The letter to Moorcr@p is simply telling them that you dispute the amount they allege you owe, and you also dispute their right to collect on this alleged debt as you were never made aware of this by the bank, therefore they should return the account back to the bank as you will no longer be paying them any money, this is your final response to the matter, no further correspondence will be entered into.

Then get back to the bank, and start their complaints procedure, inform them that as they have failed to inform you of them passing your account over to a third party DCA for collection, you have informed them that you will no longer be paying them anything, and as such you will now reclaim ALL of the charges they have placed on your account.

You need to have sight of all of your bank statements for this overdraft, so if you haven't then you will need to part with £10 a send Lloyds a SAR for this information. Then once you have worked out the total charges they have added to your account you can then submit your claim to have them repaid.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

oh Manxguy,, you are probably paying for there Christmas party this year. Do as Boo say's,,,, get a SAR off to Lloyds and put the account in dispute. Moorcrap are taking you for a ride.... Get those charges back, me and Boo are at Yorkshire bank, a lot less of the charges but hey,,, tell em to run and jump and get that SAR letter off to Lloyds, stop paying moorcrap.... I hate those bad - boys with a vengeance....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959

Manxguy - been in similiar situation with LTSB and Moorcrap. Follow advice on this site and all will be well

As BB says write to Moorcrap stating they don't have the authority to take money off you. If I asked you for £200 a month I think you would tell me to get lost - I have more powers than them. Complain to LTSB - I got a small sum for my letter. Also complain about charges, especially any incurred after you set up repayment plan either with them of MC - I got lucky and got about £500 refunded. Be persistant.

Finally work out what you can realistically afford, use Income and expediture form on this site and then tell LTSB what you can repay but on the understanding no more charges incurred.

Intend

Income & Expenditure (I&E) form http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/budget_sheet.php?country=england_wales

That is for your OWN information to start off with, work out what comes in what goes out and what you have left as disposable income at the end of each month/week.

Good advice from intend,,, Moorcrap are still trying to bill me £21.50 for administration fee on a small O2 bill. Told them hell would freeze over before I pay it. Had the same for a small debt I had with Brooks and Bentley, they added £20.00 late payment, told them the same and I paid the amount less the £20...

Moorcrap are chancing there arm as usual. I would rather give Bazooka the £21.50 for all the help he has given me... So MOORCROFT go swing you have as much chance of getting it has Hippy has of winning the lottery.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959

• 2 months later...

Hi guys.

I thought id give you an update on this.

I sent a letter to moorcroft,stating that i refute there right to collect this debt and that i would be writing to Lloydstsb with a SAR.

I never heard anything back from moorcroft,but a while later i recieved a letter from lloydstsbon the 13th june. stating that my account had been passed to moorcroft debvt recovery ltd.all correspondence should be sent to them at there address etc etc so basically lloydstsb chose to inform me months after moorcroft had started calling me and arranging collection!

On the 5th July i recieved a letter this time from APEX credit management ltd.

Stating "apex credit management has recieved instructions from our clients lloydstsb bank plc regarding your account above.our role is to act as an intermediary between you and our client to ensure that the debt is repaid.

we profile our clients aqccounts carefully using external data sources and believe that you have the ability to make payments on this debt.please contact us etc etc etc.

So i dont know what to do really.i have printed of a SAR ready to go to lloyds,but just the standard one asking for information.not requesting any refund of fees etc...

plus now who do i deal with lloyyds? moorcroft who they said to deal with or apex who have just arrived on the scene!!! please help guys..

The SAR your sending is to find out how much of it is charges, then you can ask for them to refund these, which will be used to offset the debt.

As for Apex, you can if you wish just send them http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?426-A-letter-when-the-account-has-been-passed-to-another-debt-collection-agencyyou will have to edit it, and just say that the account is in dispute with Lloyds, whom you are in correspondence with and are waiting for them to send you documentation.

Start the ball rolling and make a formal complaint with Lloyds, then you will be able to escalate your complaint to the FOS sooner rather than later, their lack of customer care and communication speaks volumes as to this shady industry.

Actually thinking about it, I wouldn't entertain Apex, wait until royds have informed you who it is they have employed to do their dirty work!

Hi

thanks for your reply.

Ive done a SAR which ive posted to lloyds.do you think i should write a seperate letter to lloydstb themselves then,complaining about the fact that it has been passed from one agency to another with only 1 notification and that after the fact and also that i dispute all the charges or that i reclaim them?

As for Apex,i think ill do what you sugested originally and send a letter just stating i am in dispute with the amount with lloydstsb direct.

manxguy

I would IMO make a formal complaint to royds about the fact that they have not kept you informed of their passing on and forwarding your personal details to a third party which is both disreputable and extremely questionable in their wok ethics.

Ask them for a deadlock or final response letter so that you are able to escalate your very serious complaint to those who are much mire professionally qualified and competent in dealing with your complaint.

Still send a full SAR to Lloyds, As Apex are the last leeches

to contact you ignore Moorcroft and any thing else to Apex

who are only now acting on behalf of LLoyds.

Get the SAR off asap.

Brig.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

hi guys quick up date.sent the SAR of to lloyds,but today have recieved a letter from apex solicitors telling me to get in touch or theyll take me to court! its never ending.

Im now in the process of writing mycomplaint letter to lloyds but not quite sure how to do it..any help!! please

manxguy

The Rules of A Formal Complaint:

1. Keep it concise and to the point,

simply state what has gone wrong I find it best

to do it as bullet points in date order.

2. state what you want them to do to rectify

the problems

3. Sum up the complaints again.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

WOW!!!!

I sent the letters that you guy told me too A dsr request to lloydstb and also a strong letter about the way i have been treated..passed to one agency or another,and also the amount of charges etc etc.

Just had a call from lloydstsb complaints department,apologising for the hassles id had with moorcroft and apex..and that they were going to send me £200 cheque in compensation........

The girl then said she would add up the charges dating back to late 2007 and see what they could offer..

Shes just phoned back and said theyve reduced my Balance to....ZERO :-)

Im sooooo happy and none of this would of happened without you guys...thank you,thank you thank you guys.

Well done good result, enjoy the weekend.

Brig:madgrin:

Ruddy hell!!! That is a blooming good result! Well done!

I'm actually speechless....can this really be Lloyds??

Whilst I'm not putting a damper on your success I would ask if they will put that in writing for you.

Well done!

WOW!!!!

I sent the letters that you guy told me too A dsr request to lloydstb and also a strong letter about the way i have been treated..passed to one agency or another,and also the amount of charges etc etc.

Just had a call from lloydstsb complaints department,apologising for the hassles id had with moorcroft and apex..and that they were going to send me £200 cheque in compensation........

The girl then said she would add up the charges dating back to late 2007 and see what they could offer..

Im sooooo happy and none of this would of happened without you guys...thank you,thank you thank you guys.

Sheesh, unbelievable.. well done.

It is a shame that this wasnt in writing, however.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

this is an important potential 'win' and will have wide ranging effects toward many many caggers.

would it be possible for you to give a slightly more detailed background to how the od came about [and if there are charges etc involved in the run upto going over drawn]

and if possible a rough idea of how much when OD'ed this was further inflated by their additional charges and what was [if any] your spending.

i would also seriously look at demanding they repair you credit file.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

WOW!!!!

Does that cover all the charges?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.