Internal Job offer= no extra cash. Then Offered to someone else in firm with extra cash??

Guest Mongoosetierney
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4721 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Mongoosetierney

A friend of mine whome I work with(employee referral I told her about a job going in my place) has been with the firm about 10months now and has done quite a few different roles rather than the office admin she was expecting(certianly not a bad thing) About a month ago she was asked if she would like to move permantly to a department/section she was helping for about 3 months. She was told there would be no extra money offered but it is more work. She thought about it, but declined because afterall money isnt everything but noone really accepts more work for same money.Anyway, we also have another member that is an office admin temp(whoose contract is continuily expanding) who was originally brought it to cover for my friend while she was helping out other departments(I know, complex) 2 weeks ago he was then offered the job role my friend turned down, but has been giving a raise for it??!? Just wanting to know if thats legal. My friend is female about 20 and this guy is 17. May be bias but My friend has a lot more about her and has gained a ton of experience with that department for 3 months. It doesnt make sense does it?Any help or info would be much appreciated!Thanks. I Keep trying to put paragraphs in but the forum keeps cutting them back out? So sorry if this is hard to read

Edited by Mongoosetierney

whilst it may be more money than the 17 yr old temp is currently getting....I doubt he is being paid the same as a 20 yr old permanent worker.In addition, most contracts state discussing salary is misconduct, so be careful.

Guest Mongoosetierney

Its more money than the perm is on by £1000. Also, thanks for the heads up, I know its a no no talking about salary anyway. I just think its very unfair because this person has worked thier socks off and surley it would make sense to reward the person that they know is good at the job.

I would suspect that any action here would be limited to a Grievance stating that the employer stated one salary for the role, and that there would be no additional pay, and that your friend has now become aware that more money was available after all.Consequently she feels undervalued and wonders why she was not considered worthy of the same salary.

It is a tricky one, because there would be the obvious question as to how your friend is aware of the pay difference - fine if it is the 'new' employee who has disclosed this, but possibly going into areas of misconduct if this has been obtained by other means.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Hi,

This is, indeed, a tricky one, and you should be careful where you'd be treading... You have no idea about that young 'guy's' contract/statement of employment particulars content!

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.