• Tweets

• Okay please go through the disclosure very carefully. I suggest that you use the technique broadly in line with the advice we give on preparing your court bundle. You want to know what is there – but also very importantly you want to know what is not there. For instance, the email that they said they sent you before responding to the SAR – did you see that? Is there any trace of of the phone call that you made to the woman who didn't know anything about SAR's? On what basis was the £50 sent to you? Was it unilateral or did they offer it and you accepted it on some condition? When did they send you this £50 cheque? Have you banked it? Also, I think that we need to start understanding what you have lost here. Have you lost any money – and if so how much? Send the SAR to your bank as advised above
    • In anticipation of lodging my court claim next Weds 1 May (14 days after advising P2G that was my deadline for them to settle my claim) I have completed my first draft POC as below: Claim Claim number: xxxxx Reference: P2G MAY 2024   Claimant xxxxx   Defendant Parcel2Go 1A Parklands Lostock Bolton BL6 4SD  Particulars of Claim The defendant has failed to arrange for the safe delivery of the claimant's parcel containing a 8 secondhand golf clubs (valued at £265) that was sent to a UK address using their delivery service (P2G Reference xxxxx). The defendant contracted Evri to deliver the parcel (Evri Reference xxxxx) and refuses to reimburse the claimant on the grounds that the claimant did not purchase their secondary insurance contract. The defendant seeks to exclude their liability in breach of section 57 Consumer Rights Act. The secondary insurance contract is in breach of section 72. The claimant seeks reimbursement of £265, plus P2G fees of £9.10, plus postage costs for two first class letters to P2G of £2.70, plus court fees, plus interest. The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from xxxxx to xxxxxx on £276.80 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £xxxx   Details of claim Amount claimed £276.80 I look forward to your thoughts and comments guys! As ever, many thanks - G59    
    • Hmm, that's strange how they got my email then.  I assume the below is ok to send to DCBL, Nicky?  Hello, I am writing regarding our ongoing dispute and the upcoming court claim reference xxxxxxxx. To ensure fairness and transparency in our communications leading up to the court hearing, I request that you use postal mail exclusively for all further correspondence related to this claim. Please refrain from sending any communication or documents via email. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. If you have any questions or need clarification, please feel free to contact me via postal mail at the address provided above. Yours sincerely, xxxx
    • In the SAR, I received the original application, lots of computer print outs, yearly statements from 2013 and the new emails regarding my complaint. They sent me a £50 cheque after I chased them for the SAR after the 30 days. They said they was waiting for me to respond to an email (which I never received) before sending the SAR
    • classic P2G. I'm sure dianne and Lesley will pop an email to you at some point.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Blackhorse car finance and VS - Mackenzie hall chasing

jobmid
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4431 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok I got a car finance agreement with Blackhorse. I have been out of work for a year and been on half payments for 9 months i paid around £2k of the agreement or more amount is around £9k. I am on jobseekers allowance and i dont see a job coming for me in my area any time soon. I am thinking of going to Canada as a few friends of mine are have said they spoke to their boss over there and they would get me an interview. What sort of advise can u give me about this finance agreement. The car is keeping me here and I cant go elsewhere because of it. I need help I want a life at this stage can anyone offer me advise.

car is acutually woth just over the HP even at private sale prices i got a real bargin when i got the car. Issue is trying to get someome to buy the car when its on HP

• 8 months later...

Well here goes a shocker of a story.

In March 2010 I got a car on finance from a Blackhorse finance dealer.

The car was worth £6500 I put £1000 down as a deposit and the rest £5500 on finance with BH.

At the time my passport was in the passport office been renewed the dealer got a faxed copy of my old passport not the original from BH

and proceeded to doctor the passport to pass it off as the original one.

I went for a year paying £156 pounds per month and then lost my job.

I contacted BH and they offered to half my payments which I accepted.

I went on for a few months like this and things began to get out of hand the very cold winter we had if anyone remembers it cost me a lot of money to stay warm and only been on benefit with no sight of a job.

I decided just to hand back the car as I was struggling to keep my head above water.

I had to stop paying them as I could not afford to keep going on it.

The auctioned the car which had very low mileage and they got £5000 pounds for it.

They made a total of £7232 that £5000 they got at auction plus £2232 they got from me.

They made a nice little profit and I lost big time.

The issue is after I returned the car they still wanted £3300 out of me.

The car agreement £9360 over 5 years.

I moved to a new address (outside of the UK or EU) and didn't update my details with them as I didn't want them to contact me again.

2 weeks ago Mackenzie Hall sent a letter to my landlady on the envelope it said the resident and when you open it the letter was addressed to me.

She then contacted my mother and it has caused major embarrassment for me now,

my ex landlady is now demanding they stop sending letters and for me to do something about them.

They sent another letter on Monday causing me even more stress.

I do not want to give these people my new address nor do I think I should be punished more for a bad choice of judgement.

At the time I took out the agreement I was a full time student in a part time job I don't think BH should have even loaded to me and the dealer committed fraud to get his sale by providing fake documentation to get his sale which BH helped him with. (I have a 3rd party witness to the deal)

Any ideas what I can do here?

If Muck Hall are chasing this it is probably totally unenforceable and another lemon.

Best idea IMO is to return any letters from them as 'not known' and this should shut them up. You can add to the numerous complaints against them with Ayreshire Trading Standards but what they are doing is highly speculative and aimed at embarrassing you into contacting them.

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

First port of call is to reassure your landlady, there is NOTHING that this clown outfit can do, absolutely nothing, they are not bailiffs, they are the school ground bully.

Report them to east Ayrshire trading standards and add your complaint to the pile that will hopefully see these fools go to the wall.

You can also lodge a formal complaint about them to the OFT via http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/UsefulContactsByCategory/Governmentcitizensandrightscontacts/DG_195948

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

and as you are overseas there is nowt they can do to you anyhow.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Seemly my landladys called Mukhall last week saying I had gone overseas and to stop sending letters to them they said they would stop sending letters I wonder will they.

Is my best course of action to forget all about them?

Well I emailed Trading Standards this is the muck I go back

i am sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with MacKenzie Hall.

If you wish to make a complaint against a debt collector you should contact the Financial Ombudsman Service on 08450801800 or visit http://www.financialombudsman.org.uk

I hope this is of some help.

Kind regards.

Consumer Advisor

Trading Standards Service

Civic Centre South

16 John Dickie Street

Kilmarnock

KA1 1HW

Tel: 01563 554372

Fax: 01563 554379

• 3 weeks later...

well my issues rattle on it seems blackhorse sent a statment for an amount that is much higher than the letter muckhall sent and its like i never returned the car to them on it theres no mention of it...

also i emailed my old land lady to tell her to stop sending the letters to my aunt she sent me this:

Sorry to hear you had all that bother - but I will continue to forward letters until your name is removed from any mailing lists using my address. Otherwise I would be inundated with post for previous tenants down through the years! If you'd prefer for me to forward them to ypursolitor rather than your aunt that's fine with me- just let me know.

I hope all's going well for you in

i dunno what to do this is causing me sleepless nights now. Also if i contact them it rests the clock ticking on this. I lost 3k on this deal i suffered enough. What can i do?

Yes, have your aunt return them in the post marked RTS not known at this address, and forget them, there is sweet fanny adams they can do.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• dx100uk changed the title to Blackhorse car finance and VS - Mackenzie hall chasing