Italian bus lane tickets

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4721 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My nephew , now resident in New York ,has received 4 "violations for being in a restricted area" for driving a hire car in a bus lane in Italy €105 each . as far as I can gather , his card has not been debited , which is the good part , the less good, is he wishes to go back some time , have the Italians got long memories , and hope to catch him on return if he ignores , in the meantime he is asking for proof of the "offences" , I wonder if this is similar to the Spanish traffic offences [problem]

Edited by sparkeyrjp
spelling

italy

we're a uk site OM

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

italy

we're a uk site OM

dx

I believe the OP is aware of that dx.

My understanding is that the OP (and his nephew) are British, and that his nephew, whilst visiting Italy, alledgedly has been accused of driving in a bus lane. Although the nephew now lives in NY he may wish to visit Italy again and wants to know if

a) are these "tickets" possibly a sham, like many continental speeding fines are, and

b) if they are valid, will he be hung, drawn and quartered if he returns to Italy with them unpaid.