DLC treatening action even when debt is being repaid.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4716 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all. i have been repaying Dlc for over 12 months at £2.00 a month set up as a standing order. until this debt is paid. or until i am well enough to work the hours to repay more money to them.

due to serious illness i am unable to work full time and can only manage part time at the moment..

the problem i am having is Dlc are asking for more money even phoning me writing letters, i dont have the money to apy any more at the moment. 12 months ago i sent a letter saying if they cashed this cheque then they were agreeing to this amount every month until the debt is repaid in full.. out of all my creditors 8 intotal Dlc have recently been giving me a hard time.

i recieved a letter today saying they want payment in full or they would send a collector to my house to recover the money in full. or they would seek action through the courts.

can they do this if the debt is being repaid. even at a small amount.

Hi

In a few words, no they can not do that (well they can ask... but they can not force you to do it).

Probably best to reply by saying you are unable to increase your current agreed payments and are unable to pay the account off.

Just continue as you are and if they decided to go to court (which they won't) a judge would most certainly not find in their favour (and would repremand them for using the court system and process to attempt debt recovery)

Hope that helps

Hi - I would now reduce the amount to £1, because of their greed. A judge would only demand you repay £1. As for door step - lots of advice on here how to deal with it - some serious some funny. They have no powers, so please just get on with your life and ignore these cretins

IMO, just continue with the agreed payments and lodge a formal complaint about them to the OFT&TS via http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/UsefulContactsByCategory/Governmentcitizensandrightscontacts/DG_195948

And also to the FOS http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm

If they ring just hang up, or tell them "everything in writing" then hang up, keep a diary of events also, especially regard to their telephone calls, then you can report them to the Police for the criminal offence of harassment.

The threat of a doorstep collector is just that, a threat, and intimidation to get you to pay what they want. If they do indeed send anyone foolish enough to come onto your property and demand money then tell them to go away or you will call the Police and report them for a breach of the peace.

If they DO NOT leave, or sit outside your property in a car then call the Police 999, and report that there is someone on your property who will not leave when asked to do so and you believe they will cause a breach of the peace.

Print the letter off in the link below and keep it by the front door.

If you do receive a doorstep visit we give these suggestions to Members.

Give them the template letter linked below through the letterbox or chained door.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...DOORSTEP-VISIT

Tell them to leave as you have nothing to discuss and all communication must be in writing.

Tell them you will call the police if they don't leave immediately.

Remain calm and polite at all times.

Walk away from the door so the visitor cannot try and talk to you.

If they don't leave, call the police to report that you are being harassed and the visitor refuses to leave.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

hi again everyone.. thanks for all your replies to this post.. just a update.. being totally harassed now by DLC. getting phone calls every eveing tonight had a phone called and was told they require a full financail statement from which i refused and said i only need to tell the courts that. they then said they were sending men around to collect, if the door is unlocked they will enter and there is nothing i can do to stop them... i said all that the phone call was being recorded and all corrispondance must be in writing. i then hanged up the phone.. but this has left me felling very nervios and unsettled in my home. i am seriously ill have been fighting this illness for the last 2 years. yet they are not helping with the threatening phone calls. THE DEBT IS BEING REPAID.. what more can i do. i have printed off the letter that you have sujested. and that is in place ready to go.. should i really be made to fell this bed and trembling because of a phone call. has anyone got anymore ideas please... thanks all. i was also told they will wheelclamp my husbands car.. i need the car for hospital appointments which take place every month.

Edited by lesh45

Hi these prats have no more right to demand from you than I do. (I have no rights my wife say so)

The only people that can demand anything are the court system. If they try to make a doorstep collection then give them the doorstep letter and tell them they cannot have your doorstep. As I have said above they have no power at all, dont ring and if they ring you get a load whistle.

All the best dpick

tonight had a phone called and was told they require a full financial statement from which I refused and said I only need to tell the courts that. they then said they were sending men around to collect, if the door is unlocked they will enter and there is nothing I can do to stop them... /QUOTE]

Dear oh dear!

Ring the Police and inform them that you have been threatened by these complete clowns that they are going to send "MEN!" to your address and will gain entry, could they please place a marker on your phone number/entry to the effect that "IF" you ring 999 in relation to this particular threat, they send an immediate response.

Tomorrow AM, complain to the following,

The OFT&TS via http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/UsefulContactsByCategory/Governmentcitizensandrightscontacts/DG_195948

The Financial Ombudsman http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm

Your local MP http://www.writetothem.com/

And the media

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!