• Tweets

• So, was there any mention of the contravention code “104 Stopping to pick up/drop off in a restricted zone.” in the contract you received? It doesn't appear in the contract that others have shared. Without this, on what authority can VCS issue the PCN?
    • ou have received a claim form.   firstly - read all the posts in this thread FIRST...   then copy this first msg to your thread - and put your answer after each question   In order for us to help you we require the following information:- [if there are more than one defendant listed - tell us]   Name of the Claimant ? Give answer here   Date of issue – top right hand corner of the claim form – this in order to establish the time line you need to adhere to. Give answer here   Date of issue XX + 19 days ( 5 day for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = XX + 14 days to submit defence = XX (33 days in total) -   ^^^^^ NOTE : WHEN CALCULATING THE TIMELINE - PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE DATE ON THE CLAIMFORM IS ONE IN THE COUNT [example: Issue date 01.03.2014 + 19 days (5 days for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = 19.03.2014 + 14 days to submit defence = 02.04.2014] = 33 days in total   Particulars of Claim   What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? Pwas issued small court claims form as the owner keeper by gladstones solicitor. Particulars of the claim: parked in breach of terms on signage ( @ location x) incurring PCN 9parking charge notice) PCN not paid in 28days. Claimant claims unpaid pcn from defendent as driver/keeper. despite demands being made defendant failed to settle outstanding liability. I was not driver. Driver is known to owner. received letters initial from UK Car park management Limited. (IPC memeber) Refused passing on driver info until they had provided all details of their right to mangage parking re contract with landlord, all images and evidence etc. This was by letter not via their appeals service. Letter was not responded to. (or refused can't remember exactly will check) details of the event. Night, signs not directly lit, small size writing poor placement. Parked on loading bay. Sign for loading bay was arguably not clearly marked, small sign high up behind the space, not visible as driving into it. floor markings under car not visible once parked, and poorly light. Private warden came, driver was by vehicle whole time, warden alerted driver to the fact they couldn't park there, driver removed the vehicle immediately on being informed of the restrictions.   What is the total value of the claim? Claimant claims £100 for PCN, £60 contractual  re Ts & Cs + £21 statutory interest.   Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? Received many letters most probably got one advising of a claim if not paid etc (will check)   Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? address not changed since claim   Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? no address change not needed Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? No   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? No agreement (after 2007 but no agreement)   Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? Give answer here   Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax /Etc...) ? No   Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Claimant issued   Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Give answer here   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? No   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? N/A   Why did you cease payments?N/A What was the date of your last payment? N/A Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? N/A Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? N/A     More Details:   Defence was filed with small claims court. : Defence points were, no agreement, signs not visible/readable, no opportunity for arbitration before making a claim. Their independent Appeals service (required as part of their right to access DVLA info) is not independent as it's funded by the parking company and their paid lobbying group IPC.   Claimant has sent N180 directions questionnaire.   Defendent (me) has not filled N180 yet . Not sure what to answer.
    • Music executive Riki Bleau shares his business advice for our CEO Secrets series.View the full article
    • The coffee and sandwich chain says it hopes to open 200 shops and double in size within five years.View the full article
    • The National Audit Office says 134,000 pensioners, mostly women, were affected by a preventable scandal.View the full article
  • Our picks

Maroonfox5 V Abbey SETTLED IN FULL (I KNEW THEY WOULD)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5464 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

YIPPEE.....................

DLA PIPER HAVE JUST INFORMED ME TODAY THAT THEIR CLIENT.

'

'THE SHABBY' ARE TODAY IN THE PROCESS OF CREDITING MY ACCOUNT WITH

FULL SETTLEMENT FIGURE

HOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHCHARLIE

THANKS FOR EVERYONES HELP ON THIS SITE DONATION ON ITS WAY.

MF5..............JUST DOWNING MY 5TH PINT:D

PS TIP FOR ANYONE ON HERE V SHABBY JUST HOLD OUT YOU WILL ALWAYS GET THE FULL PAYOUT IF YOU HOLD YOUR NERVE.

Halifax Bank plc £1573 settled 19/6/ 06 :D

Abbey National PLC

Settled in full £1,754 15/9/06 :grin:

Halifax Credit Card £441.63 settled in full 27/10/06 :-)

Mortgage Express ERP

Pre letter 10/7/06

LBA 27/7/06

MCOL issued 6/9/06

Court Date Feb 06

Lost in court costs awarded £7,500PAYPAL [email protected]

Cheers.......

I certainly will.

This lot took me right to the death on this......Prem hearing Mon 10.30am 18/9

Can you believe this.....DLA actually turned down my counter offer that I made

which would have amounted to a saving for them of £70 + £100 allocation fee + extra daily interest.

MUPPETS.............

THIS JUST PROVED A POINT TO ME THAT YOU SHOULD TAKE THEM ALL THE WAY ,IT'S ALL ABOUT BOTTLE.

IF ANYONE NEEDS SOME ADVICE JUST ASK.

MINES A PINT

MF5:D

Abbey National PLC

Mortgage Express ERP

Pre letter 10/7/06

LBA 27/7/06

MCOL issued 6/9/06

Court Date Feb 06

Thanks karnevil.

Just edited my cp to the same lol as yours ..............

IT LOOKS BETTER:D

MF5

Going to have my 7th now see ya,all later hic..............................

Abbey National PLC

Mortgage Express ERP

Pre letter 10/7/06

LBA 27/7/06

MCOL issued 6/9/06

Court Date Feb 06

Congratulations!!!!!

I'm sure I must be soming up to the top of the pile soon with the Abbey?!!!

Abbey - Claim 1

full hearing 22 Feb 07 - Settled in full £710 :D

Abbey (Claim 2)

full hearing 22 Feb 07- Settled in full £4000 :D

Abbey (Claim 3)

Court date 27 June -

Capital One (claim 1)

£467 Settled in full 20 Sep :D

Capital One (claim 2)

£72 refunded 19 Aug :-D

Associates (Citicards)

claim 8 Aug/judgment by default 30 Aug/set aside hearing 9 Oct/Stay denied, ordered by Judge to reveal breakdown of charges andfull hearing 24 May/FULL DISCLOSURE ORDERED BY 8 MARCH/JUDGE TO STRIKE OUT DEFENCE AS NON-COMPLIANCE/DEFENCE STRUCK OUT PAYMENT IN FULL REQUIRED IN 14 DAYS

Congratulations maroonfox5, gives me confidence with my claim in the courts. Spend it with the knowledge that now you know what a wunch of bankers they are.

Regards bish.

Abbey : £8070.41*PAID IN FULL*14/02/07:D

Capital one : LBA sent 17/09/06 £1,087.22

Marbles : LBA sent 17/09/06 £720.00 ; £720 offer accepted:D

Karen29...

I think so too I would expect you to receive something in the next week or so.

My letter for the preliminary hearing arrived only 5 days before the hearing date,and I got the offer within 2 days of that .

Good luck you're nearly there now .

Regards

MF5

Abbey National PLC

Mortgage Express ERP

Pre letter 10/7/06

LBA 27/7/06

MCOL issued 6/9/06

Court Date Feb 06

Bish...

I certainly wil do , I'm going to make the moneyclain online payment for my next claim against them using this money in my abbey account (before they close it) :lol: .

Your claim looks to be a chunky one ,hold your nerve and you'll get the lot.

I can recommend alanfromderby's thread re the abbey its good reading and has a great result at the end.(also he has some good tips for anyone doing battle with the shabby.

Good luck

Regards

MF5

Abbey National PLC

Mortgage Express ERP

Pre letter 10/7/06

LBA 27/7/06

MCOL issued 6/9/06

Court Date Feb 06

Kathysmith66......

Hi .is that your real name ?it might be better to change it to a nick name as I know some of the banks watch the site.

Have you read the FAQ's yet?

It took me about 2 weeks of reading these and also following threads before I got going properly.

My tip to you is dont rush as this is all about being thorough and paced.

You will get your money back but it does take time I'm afraid.

I presume you know how much your charges are for then and you've sent the prem letter off asking for it back.

If I can help let me know

Regards

MF5

Abbey National PLC

Mortgage Express ERP

Pre letter 10/7/06

LBA 27/7/06

MCOL issued 6/9/06

Court Date Feb 06

Funky.

Have you sent in your allocation questionaire yet?

MF5

Abbey National PLC

Mortgage Express ERP

Pre letter 10/7/06

LBA 27/7/06

MCOL issued 6/9/06

Court Date Feb 06

Hello,

Just joined today and have already sent Abbey the first standard letter. They have replied and said no, and that the charges are fair etc etc. My request for a copy of all charges for last 6 years has been ignored though. The only problem is that this is only at branch level so far. Can I have any advice as to the next step, am prepared to go all the way as they owe me over £3K i reckon.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Hi help i've just got the mirco fchel spill has anyone else got this, asking for £5.00 per account for one month? is this allowed??

Clare:)

1. Abbey National Requested Statements 04/Aug/2006

2. Abbey National One years statements received 16/Aug/2006

3. Pam Speed Replied with Data Protection letter fob off-15/Aug/2006 -all archived onto microfiche, which is not covered under Data Protection Act. So I must pay 10.00 per month for copies of statements past 40 day period.

4. Apology letter received 26/Sep/2006 Grant Allman Mircofiche records not held under filing system, not covered by Data Protection Act, so therefore will not be provided to me under the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request). Fee is £10 per account per month

5. Letter -current investigating under way and will be back in contact in 4 weeks, letter received 27/Sep/2006

Well done MF5!:D

Sorry I was away when your victory took place, will be round though for a celebratory beer!

Ah and onto the next one?

Congratulations again...

Libertie:D

Halifax prelim 23/5/06, LBA sent 31/5/06, moneyclaim 27/6/06, Halifax intend to defend, halifax paid up!19/7/06:D Donation made.

Amex prelim 22/5/06, LBA sent 5/6/06, Final LBA sent 9/6/06, settled 30/6/06:D Donation made.

Barclaycard prelim 26/5/06, LBA sent 9/6/06......to be contd

HSBC prelim sent 6/9/06, LBA sent 19/9/06, MCOL 12/10/06....