• Tweets

• Okay please go through the disclosure very carefully. I suggest that you use the technique broadly in line with the advice we give on preparing your court bundle. You want to know what is there – but also very importantly you want to know what is not there. For instance, the email that they said they sent you before responding to the SAR – did you see that? Is there any trace of of the phone call that you made to the woman who didn't know anything about SAR's? On what basis was the £50 sent to you? Was it unilateral or did they offer it and you accepted it on some condition? When did they send you this £50 cheque? Have you banked it? Also, I think that we need to start understanding what you have lost here. Have you lost any money – and if so how much? Send the SAR to your bank as advised above
    • In anticipation of lodging my court claim next Weds 1 May (14 days after advising P2G that was my deadline for them to settle my claim) I have completed my first draft POC as below: Claim Claim number: xxxxx Reference: P2G MAY 2024   Claimant xxxxx   Defendant Parcel2Go 1A Parklands Lostock Bolton BL6 4SD  Particulars of Claim The defendant has failed to arrange for the safe delivery of the claimant's parcel containing a 8 secondhand golf clubs (valued at £265) that was sent to a UK address using their delivery service (P2G Reference xxxxx). The defendant contracted Evri to deliver the parcel (Evri Reference xxxxx) and refuses to reimburse the claimant on the grounds that the claimant did not purchase their secondary insurance contract. The defendant seeks to exclude their liability in breach of section 57 Consumer Rights Act. The secondary insurance contract is in breach of section 72. The claimant seeks reimbursement of £265, plus P2G fees of £9.10, plus postage costs for two first class letters to P2G of £2.70, plus court fees, plus interest. The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from xxxxx to xxxxxx on £276.80 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £xxxx   Details of claim Amount claimed £276.80 I look forward to your thoughts and comments guys! As ever, many thanks - G59    
    • Hmm, that's strange how they got my email then.  I assume the below is ok to send to DCBL, Nicky?  Hello, I am writing regarding our ongoing dispute and the upcoming court claim reference xxxxxxxx. To ensure fairness and transparency in our communications leading up to the court hearing, I request that you use postal mail exclusively for all further correspondence related to this claim. Please refrain from sending any communication or documents via email. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. If you have any questions or need clarification, please feel free to contact me via postal mail at the address provided above. Yours sincerely, xxxx
    • In the SAR, I received the original application, lots of computer print outs, yearly statements from 2013 and the new emails regarding my complaint. They sent me a £50 cheque after I chased them for the SAR after the 30 days. They said they was waiting for me to respond to an email (which I never received) before sending the SAR
    • classic P2G. I'm sure dianne and Lesley will pop an email to you at some point.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Moorcroft round one - have been given one of my alleged debts, this one is for Virgin Bledia

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4517 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I simply cannot tell you how extremely chuffed I am that Moorcr@p have been given one of my alleged debts, this one is for Virgin Bledia, and is for an early termination fee for breaking their contract within the 18 months they stipulated.

They seem to have forgotten it took them over 12 months to actually hook me up to their network, and all of the ignored emails, letters, and phone calls I have made.

Proof if ever it were needed, that they will try, try, and try again, to get you to sign up to a contract with them to ensure they have a regular income from you, regardless of how long or painful the process has been to do so.

Once they have you on that hook, for as long as you are paying them they do not care about your satisfaction, or whether you are paying the best prices for their services, your tied into a deal for 12 or 18 months, even longer for some services, and they will have already spent the money you have yet to pay them.

So I am going to run a little experiment of my own. The outstanding fee they allege is owed, I can find down the back of the settee. So I have absolutely zero worries.

I am also going to be contacting them by phone, as I did earlier, and actually spoke to a quite pleasant chap, who even laughed when I asked if their doorstep caller, when tasked, would like tea or coffee? He said he would put a note on my file for when the 'field agent' was tasked.

I will also record any doorstep collector that may turn up at my doorstep to demand money, but I highly doubt that will ever happen.

So it will be phone calls, & letters for your perusal.

And I must admit, this first letter from Moorcr@p is actually very tame and it seems that they have been told to reign it in and toe the line?

No mention of debt except in their name, no mention of using credit cards to pay off a debt, the request to contact them by phone OR letter, all in all I was suitably surprised to receive this, not only because I assumed it would be Idiot Iqor, but just how refreshingly pleasant it all was...? New ploy??

th_scanmoorcrap.gif

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Identical to the letter I received from Moorcroft, exact same words right through except instead of "VIRGIN MEDIA" I have "BRITISH TELECOMS"

It's even signed by the same Debt Recovery Manager. Every letter I've had from them in the last few year was signed by the same person. I wonder if this person exists.

Must be their standard hello letter :-D

Have £20k+ in debt, seriously want to be debt free, currently in temporary accomodation and having business problems.

Not so much fun though :lol:

Morning BabyBear, long time no see....hope you are well now?

Elsa x

Hi Elsa, I'm as good as can be and am awaiting my next app. with the nuerologist next month to ascertain how much brain and nerve damage I have (basically they're checking I do still have a brain lol)... I'm able to go on short trips with my crutch but need my wheelchair for longer journeys unless accompanied by someone.

My house is in the middle of being adapted wich annoys me, having people here making a mess but will be worth it in the end :)

How're you?

Bazooka Boo do you realise that the thumbnail links directly to your photobucket folder which includes another 'photo. Be careful Morecrap might threaten to tow it. ;)

Yes I thought I would leave it on there.....misinformation untruths and swinging the lead goes both ways, they will be very very lucky to get there grubby paws on that, it is now, I believe, a crate of coke cans??:noidea:

I'm just going to see exactly how far they are going to go in attempting to collect a few pounds, and of course see just how many guidelines and laws they can breach along the way........I might even give them my phone number.:phone::heh:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I shall be exhausting VM's complaints procedure, in order to show them the error of their ways and the error of using such a laughable clown outfit such as these to muddy their own name....

• 2 weeks later...

Round Two!

Seems that Moorcr@p didn't want to play after all, rang them and they informed me they had closed their files and passed this back to Virgin Bledia, "Fantastic" I thought, I wonder who is going to be handed the lemon next?

It turns out my old friends SRJ... Had a really good ten minute conversation with a reasonably polite woman, who ensured me that they wanted to help.

She cam a little unstuck when I pointed out to her that I did not need to provide any proof that I do not owe this money, the onus is firmly in their hands to provide evidence that I do owe it.

No amount of telling her "I do not owe this money" resulted in her replying "Well VM say you do!"

"Well I say I don't!"

So a letter has been sent, 2nd class confirming 'in writing' that I do not owe this money, and they should refer the account back to VM who should take responsibility for their actions, and inform them that as I have no contract with any third party, I will only deal with VM direct. Take it or leave it.

th_scan0008.gif

Hi BB,

Similar problems but with BT.

Moorcrap chased then passed onto SRJ.

Q, Are SRJ lower in the barrel than Moorcrap...lol :lol:

Also noticed Moorcrap advertising in our local rag again for agents again....perhaps it's to come and get me. :jaw:

TBH I don't know the answer to your question, but IMO if Moorcr@p had it in the first place and failed, then any subsequent DCA can only be further down the barrel, and even more inept than the first.

I pulled the woman up on their letter that states, in black & white, that I would need to contact them in order to stop further collection activity, yet when I did, she then said I had to write to them??

Told her she is deluded, then we went round in circles exchanging facts, or fiction in her case, to the point I wasted ten minutes of her time.

Oh yes and whilst I remember it, she was adamant she needed my number as when they get the response from VM, they want to ring me with it??

No No No, I said, whatever you want to say to me can be committed in writing!

Doesn't seem they want to co-operate in that way, so the fun and games will continue..,.

Just goes to show why people need to know their rights and stand up to DCA bullies.

RE: Moorcroft letter. I recently have been dealing with moorcroft and like you BB have been surprised by their letters and how co-operative they have been. Is this really the moorc**p everyone talks about? Well I'll wait and see as things develope.

My advice is given through personal experience and is given without prejudice

If I Have helped please feel free to click the star

:smile:

• 6 months later...

I love my postman....all ways bringing me good news when I least expect it...

Today's post brought me a "Rossendales Collect" letter, so first Moorcr@p, then SRJ, and now Rossendales collect..has a good snoop around their website, it seems that 'if you are not the person in question then ring and tell us and provide evidence by way of a utility bill to confirm'??? Who the hell do they think they are?

Anyhow, am about to ring them (please don't try this at home, unless you are fitted with truecall) and see if I can bait them a little...I lurve X-mas..

http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu240/Boo1973_photos/scan0022.jpg

"]

The same name use is interesting, had similar a couple of years ago with another well known DCA (RW..) congratulated the person on his 6 month rapid promotion path from Doorstep Collections Manager to Legal Manager.... common tactic.

It is also fun to see where they get their names from. One lot recently have picked names from the newer St Trinian's films, and another lot from the Twilight series.

Just got this lot off my back yesterday chasing a heavily disputed debt, debt written off by OC and allegedly pulled back from Moorcroft... they are easy to get rid of.