Parking penalty

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4694 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi new to this forum hope you can help.

I stopped my car left the engine running, with two passengers still in the vehicle, the car was in what looked like a bay, double yellow lines, warden across the street,I acknowleged the warden indicating I would be only a minute.

I ran into the doctors surgery to drop my wifes hospital discharge papers etc as she had undergone major spinal surgery, no sooner was I at the desk than my son ran in and told me the warden was taking my details/ picture of my vehicles number plate,I explained my situation but his reply was it was not his problem and why did the passenger (my son) not move the car, I told him he does not drive and again he said that it was not his problem, needless to say I called him a Jobsworth.

This happened in Horley Surrey and the warden was acting for Riegate and Banstead bourogh council,

What can I do after writting to them they say they still intend to enforce this fine £35 if I pay in 14 days £70 after that.

I once punched a policeman and I got arrested. There never did say how they found out it was me.

There is a distinct difference between knowing you did it and you being guilty of an offence, it could have been self defence for example. Whilst it may be easy to mock the OP he has come here for advice until we know all the facts he may not even be guilty of the contraventon, he may have had a blue badge, he may be covered by an exemption in the traffic order, the PCN may be unlawful, as you pointed out in your last post if you haven't got anything useful to say.......shut up!!

Thanks for your fast responses to my post,ok to be honest parking right under the nose of a traffic warden you might say I deserve it, however I believed that he understood my indication of (just a minute) and the fact that I ran into the medical center was at least worth 1 minute of grace.

When I say the warden took my details straight away is exactly what happened, I mentioned a parking bay which the double yellow lines did not follow the contour of, but none of this matters I realised I was technically in the wrong, what really gets me was the attitude the warden put out,it was like he was trying to goad me into a violent reaction, now I am 6ft 5 and 15 stone this guy had a real little man problem (no disrespect to anyone who considers they are little intended) over the years I have had parking tickets and been clamped twice, never have I thought of challenging these, but this one I really feel was not warrented given the circumstances, I would rather go to jail than pay a fine that I believe was given with what seemed to me to be Malice.

Sorry for the rant.

Sadly, objecting to the warden's attitude will not win you an appeal. This is what I am interested in - what grounds did you give for your initial appeal? If all you have to offer are the points raised in your last post, I don't see how you can win this one. You did park where prohibited and did receive a PCN. Not much of a case as far as I can see - unless you can add something more.

Hi new to this forum hope you can help.

I stopped my car left the engine running, with two passengers still in the vehicle, the car was in what looked like a bay, double yellow lines, warden across the street,I acknowleged the warden indicating I would be only a minute.

Leaving a vehicle unnattended with the engine running is illegal, with or without passengers.

You're lucky plod wasn't there aswell.

jed