Moorcroft and public breach of DPAct.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4718 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wow.

Someone obviously made a deliberate decision to address the envelope to this chap. And then Moorcroft have the bare faced front to say that they haven't broken any data protection regs?

Their incompetence is astounding. Simply unbelievable!

Worry tends to make the smallest thing throw the largest shadow - Swedish Proverb

Thanks

and thanks for putting the swearword in the title too..

all around twitter now.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sorry dx

I had not realised it was a swear word having drawn my inspiration from:

Cock Up Your Beaver

by Robert Burns

I.

When first my brave Johnnie lad

Came to this town,

He had a blue bonnet

That wanted the crown;

But now he has gotten

A hat and a feather, -

Hey, brave Johnnie lad,

Cock up your beaver!

II.

Cock up your beaver,

And cock it fu' sprush,

We'll over the border

and gie them a brush;

There's somebody there

We'll teach better behaviour -

Hey, brave Johnnie lad,

Cock up your beaver!

x

v

Sorry dx

I had not realised it was a swear word having drawn my inspiration from:

Cock Up Your Beaver

by Robert Burns

I.

When first my brave Johnnie lad

Came to this town,

He had a blue bonnet

That wanted the crown;

But now he has gotten

A hat and a feather, -

Hey, brave Johnnie lad,

Cock up your beaver!

II.

Cock up your beaver,

And cock it fu' sprush,

We'll over the border

and gie them a brush;

There's somebody there

We'll teach better behaviour -

Hey, brave Johnnie lad,

Cock up your beaver!

x

v

Good morning vic

I bet nothing happens to either Moorcroft or the so called "Agent"

It also seems that your take on the term is well founded . . http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCsQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.phrases.org.uk%2Fmeanings%2Fcock-up.html&ei=5zjWTfS2KsuLhQfP3_TOBg&usg=AFQjCNGIbV9sGgDXhQXqE5URw2rcqtJv_g

R x

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Good morning Rev

I was possibly being a bit tongue in cheek to save dx's blushes; colleagues in Yorkshire assert that it is a contraction of 'cock up the arse' as an error rather than intent; however, I felt cock up the beaver to be more palatable.

x

v

Good morning Rev

I was possibly being a bit tongue in cheek to save dx's blushes; colleagues in Yorkshire assert that it is a contraction of 'cock up the arse' as an error rather than intent; however, I felt cock up the beaver to be more palatable.

x

v

Ermm!

From a male perspective I agree 100% vic :thumb:

R x

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/2011/05/19/private-debt-details-of-coventry-people-sent-to-city-man-by-mistake-92746-28725165/2/#ixzz1Mt2Z6fVB?ads=off&num=10&page=1&type=4&what=&searchscope=92746&masthead=off&objectid=0&siteid=92746 &sid=715765234c48e49257c5433ee846f611&siteid=92746&ads=off&objectid=0&page=1&activate=1&user=1015931&num=10&auth=E79A9AB0EE&what=&searchscope=92746&masthead=off

“I called Moorcroft to tell them I have the letters and that I have contacted Data Protection over this to complain, but they claim the incident doesn’t break any data protection laws.
A compliance officer for Moorcroft Debt Recovery said the mailing mistake was an “isolated” incident for the firm and the matter was now being investigated.

Paula Huddart, of Moorcroft, said: “This is not something we have ever come across before but we will look at this extremely urgently to find out what has gone wrong, and the matter has now been passed on for investigation.

“We do believe this is an isolated case and any identity concerns will be addressed.”

Get your chequebook ready Ms Huddart.

Hi R

On a completely unconnected point, it's nice to see that the Shred's super-injun has been modified following yesterday's privileged statement in Parliament and one can now see it was about a relationship with a senior colleague and nothing to do with billions of £s; silly old me was following the money, although I did feel screwed by NastyWest at times.

I'm sure you get my drift Rev?

x

v

Hi R

On a completely unconnected point, it's nice to see that the Shred's super-injun has been modified following yesterday's privileged statement in Parliament and one can now see it was about a relationship with a senior colleague and nothing to do with billions of £s; silly old me was following the money, although I did feel screwed by NastyWest at times.

I'm sure you get my drift Rev?

x

v

Obviously more screwing going on than everyone thought eh vic

R x

Im just 9 miles south of Coventry and although we usually come under Stratford district I cant help but wonder if mine is in there?.

Pretty shocking though and they way they just brushed it off doesnt surprise me given some of the stuff you read on here.

Oh my god, this comment made me angry.

eweaver

10:15 AM on May 20, 2011

The letter inside wasnt addressed to him? Why did he open it? Isnt it against the law for him to open envelopes that arent addressed to him.... funny how the company are the ones who are going to get into trouble when hes the one who opened it and never 'returned to sender' like he should have!

Hi Craig, very well said and

for the avoidance of doubt,

The story goes;

"

Carl Majrowski, of Shakespeare Street, Stoke, received an envelope with his name and address printed on the front.

But inside he found another envelope – stuffed full of letters with the addresses, phone numbers, bank details and dates of birth of Coventry residents who owe money.

Oh my god, this comment made me angry.

eweaver

10:15 AM on May 20, 2011

The letter inside wasnt addressed to him? Why did he open it? Isnt it against the law for him to open envelopes that arent addressed to him.... funny how the company are the ones who are going to get into trouble when hes the one who opened it and never 'returned to sender' like he should have!

Hi Cb

This is a quote from the Postal Services Act 2000 . . "A person commits an offence if, intending to act to a person’s detriment and without reasonable excuse, he opens a postal packet which he knows or reasonably suspects has been incorrectly delivered to him."

Part of my job is to deal with items of Post that Royal Mail cannot sort for the Companies in my Building

I often have to open the envelope etc in order to get either more details as to which companie it goes to OR to obtain a return address, as my actions are not detrimental in any way I'm not doing anything wrong

R

Im just 9 miles south of Coventry and although we usually come under Stratford district I cant help but wonder if mine is in there?.

Pretty shocking though and they way they just brushed it off doesnt surprise me given some of the stuff you read on here.

Hi all > moorcroft dealing with me on threatning letters and stuff > any help or advise be greatful about this data protection stuff ? santander once sent me a default notice and a notice to someoneone else in Bristol ( i might have this info ) i owe them 1000 personal debit do you think i could threaten them with that to get my debit of 1000 wiped off? only thing is that the charge me 0%interest but i missed few payments and in arrears with them which they keep sending me default notices to put black markers in my file > any help?

Hussy