experian credit report is in triplicate!

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3479 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

i pay a monthly subscription to experian, as i like to keep an eye on my rating etc.

a few years ago i had to declare myself bankrupt, and since then have been building up my credit rating to a point where i had reached the top rating of 999.

this was about a year ago. i didntcheck my report regularly from that time, as my circumstances hadn't changed. my debts (loans etc) amounted to around £18k and no payments had been missed or any defaults incurred.

you can imagine my surprise when i checked my report, to find that experian said i had debts amounting to £57,853!

i went through all the listed creditors, and found that all of them were listed three times.

i then checked my credit rating and found it had dropped down to 447!

i contacted experian for an explanation, and they sent a response which said that i had put my name and address in twice, so that was where the problem arose.

as i stated earlier, i joined experian quite a few years ago, so how i became listed twice is a mystery to me.

my question to the forum is, do i have a case for deformation?

i am not looking to take out any loans in the near future, except maybe for a car, but with my current rating, i could find it difficult through no fault of my own.

thanks for reading,

bartymuv.

If it was genuine error then IMO no. ( good ob you spotted it )

Maybe could get some compensation if you could prove you suffered as a result tho.!

Have they now corrected the error to your satisfaction?

If it was genuine error then IMO no. ( good ob you spotted it )

Maybe could get some compensation if you could prove you suffered as a result tho.!

Have they now corrected the error to your satisfaction?

hi ray,

yes they have responded again, saying that they have deleted the duplicate entries.

unfortunately im in antigua at the moment, so cant check my credit score. hopefully, this will have reverted back to its original status.

i just found it incredible that these companys tell us how important it is to keep aware of our finances, by using them, and they end up ruining a perfectly good rating!

thanks for your response,

bartymuv.