I am starting a mission against Shop Direct all customers please read

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3363 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am posting this on a few of the Shop Direct posts as I have been working on 3 claims on behalf of a relative and want everybody who has been charged by them to reclaim their charges and all applicable interest as these are possibly the most arrogant of all the companies I have dealt with and will firstly refuse your requests and then as it goes on breach the court procedures and ignore the judges requests until they ultimately settle as of they have no defence and no desire to go in front of a judge.

The final outcome on the claims is posted below as the e-mail sent to me for my relative.

Shop Direct have still not paid the sums stated in the e-mails in full and have part paid so still looking to court.

Please click the star if this is informative and feel free to contact or reply to this post for any assistance.

I have just advised the defendant to make the following account credits, which I believe satisfy your *******'s claims:

Claim No 1QT08206 re account ref ******** (Littlewoods)

Credit to the account of £175.79

Claim No 1QT09646 re account ref ******** (Very)

Credit to the account of £251.72

Claim No 1QT24916 re account ref ******** (Choice)

Credit to the account of £137.12 - to include the charge of 30/4/11.

I understand that the adjustments will take place on Monday.

Regards

Hi,

I am posting this on a few of the Shop Direct posts as I have been working on 3 claims on behalf of a relative

and want everybody who has been charged by them to reclaim their charges and all applicable interest

as these are possibly the most arrogant of all the companies I have dealt with

and will flatly refuse your requests and then, as it goes on breach the court procedures

and ignore the judges requests until they ultimately settle as they have no defence and no desire to go in front of a judge.

The final outcome on the claims is posted below as the e-mail sent to me for my relative.

Shop Direct have still not paid the sums stated in the e-mails in full and have part paid so still looking to court.

Please click the star if this is informative and feel free to contact or reply to this post for any assistance.

I have just advised the defendant to make the following account credits,

which I believe satisfy your *******'s claims:

Claim No ....... re account ref ******** (Littlewoods)

Credit to the account of £175.79

Claim No ...... re account ref ***..***** (Very)

Credit to the account of £251.72

Claim No .... re account ref ******** (Choice)

Credit to the account of £137.12 - to include the charge of 30/4/11.

I understand that the adjustments will take place on Monday.

Regards

Edited by themadcap

Thank you for posting in my thread about these (Edit). Please PM me with details how I can reclaim my charges.

Edited by maroondevo52
Removed unsuitable word.

Littlewoods, Choice and Additions. I don't have an exact total, I have a rough estimate for 2 of them, about £150 each excluding interest. I really need to get hold of the statements.

Yes, its £10 per request, but you will add this to your total.

Should be interesting as I think additions is about 44% interest! you can go back through the statements online but not sure how far back you can go.

Keep us informed of where you are up to

cheers

I use http://www.bllaw.co.uk/services_for_businesses/insolvency_and_recovery/simple_interest_calculator.aspx to calculate interest,when they finally settle he will give some nonsense that your Very acc should have been calculated at a flat rate of 33.87% although your APR is 39.7% this is more rubbish as you pay at 39.7 not 33.87.

Yo have to be prepared for the long haul as they are a very arrogant and dismissive group of people who will continually ignore you.

The current claims of my relative were due for hearing on 8th June and only settled in full on 20th May so don't expect any fast resolution.

Remember to keep your correspondence at a professional level and to the minimum requirement as these people more than any others caused me to react in an unprofessional manner.

Let me know when you have your SAR and we can get started on them.

• 2 months later...

Hi Madcap,

I too, would like my charges back from Shop Direct (Littlewoods). I have just sent my SAR and awaiting the results. I would like to get everything in place first and fully understand the proceedure/process and therefore would like to ask a few questions.

1. Are there any Court Fees/Charges payable during the Court process if you are in receipt of Income Support i.e. To fee start your claim, the allocation fee and hearing fee.
  2. What are the correct details for the POC regarding Littlewoods catalogue, are they Shop Direct Home Shopping Ltd (Trading As Littlewoods Direct) OR Shop Direct Finance Company Ltd (Trading As Littlewoods Direct)

Regards…Turnaround

I don't know the situation with court fees and benefits but the court fees should only be around £25 + £25 hearing fee , I would not get to involved in the court processes yet as you have to wait for them to (inevitably) turn you down, all court fees and hearing fees will be claimed back from the so not a worry, let me know when you have your SAR because they are quite often non-compliant

Hi madcap,

I too am just about to go after Shop Direct (Littlewoods). It sounds like they won't be a pushover but I want my £214 of charges back. Luckily I won't have to wait for them to comply with an SAR as I have kept all my statements. I am going to send the LBA within the next couple of days using the letter template for credit card/store cards. Is ths the right one and do I need to change any wording?

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi themadcap, I too am having a bit of trouble with Littlewoods and would be really grateful for a bit of advice. I have been a customer with Littlewoods since 1993 and this is the first time I have had any difficulty paying at the requested time. After a few late payments overall charges now stand at about £84. I have paid almost all of my oustanding balance and all that is now left is £52 (and rising with more £12 charges being added whenever they feel like). As far as I am concerned the balance left is all charges that I don't feel I should have to pay.

Last week I wrote to them, enclosing a £1 postal order, requesting a copy of my CCA. They have sent me an unsigned copy of what they call my 'current credit agreement'. Can you advise what my next step should be?

Hi Loops,

You could just ignore them as your agreement is from 93 wont come under the online agreements dates, but they will reflect this on your credit file, alternatively get a letter before action sent out for the charges from the template in the library on this site but be prepared for the long run as they will force you into legal action before they settle.

Let us know how you are ggetting on

Hi Madcap,

As you predicted Littlewoods have failed to fully comply with my SAR and gone over the 40 day limit. I have sent the first letter, giving them a further 7 days and am now in the process of sending the LBA.

Do you know, and could you advise, whether it is better to use either "the part 7 procedure" or the "part 8 procedure" of the small claims procedure, as the template letter used implies part 7, but I feel part 8 should be used.

From the ICO site.

Part 7 procedure is used when the case is likely to be more complicated because for example there is a dispute about the facts.

Part 8 The shorter procedure is called a Part 8 procedure. This procedure will only be used where the claimant is asking the court to make a decision about a question which is unlikely to involve a very great dispute about the facts. An example might be where you have properly made a subject access request, enclosing the correct fee and more than 40 days have passed and you have not received any response. You are, therefore, making an application to court for an order that the data controller answer your subject access request.

Regards….Turnaround

Hi Madcap,

Yes, I do have proof of postage and they have cashed the cheque.

They have replied, in part, to my request in that they have supplied statements and the agreement. They haven’t sent copies of any correspondence between us.

When the SAR is satisfied, I will then claim the charges back.

Regards…Turnaround

Hi Madcap,

As you predicted Littlewoods have failed to fully comply with my SAR and gone over the 40 day limit. I have sent the first letter, giving them a further 7 days and am now in the process of sending the LBA.

Do you know, and could you advise, whether it is better to use either "the part 7 procedure" or the "part 8 procedure" of the small claims procedure, as the template letter used implies part 7, but I feel part 8 should be used.

From the ICO site.

Part 7 procedure is used when the case is likely to be more complicated because for example there is a dispute about the facts.

Part 8 The shorter procedure is called a Part 8 procedure. This procedure will only be used where the claimant is asking the court to make a decision about a question which is unlikely to involve a very great dispute about the facts. An example might be where you have properly made a subject access request, enclosing the correct fee and more than 40 days have passed and you have not received any response. You are, therefore, making an application to court for an order that the data controller answer your subject access request.

Regards….Turnaround

Part 7 is the preferred route, you would be claiming damages in addition to enforcing disclosure. Part 8 would incur additional filing/service fees and can leave you open to excessive costs if you get it wrong.

Gez

Hi,

What are the correct details for the POC regarding Littlewoods catalogue, are they

• Shop Direct Home Shopping Ltd (Trading As Littlewoods Direct)
  • Shop Direct Finance Company Ltd (Trading As Littlewoods Direct)

Regarding the non disclosure of data, the ICO suggest that you name the data controller or the company secretary when sending the LBA – which is it or doesn’t it really matter.

Regards…Turnaround

Hi,

What are the correct details for the POC regarding Littlewoods catalogue, are they

• Shop Direct Home Shopping Ltd (Trading As Littlewoods Direct)
  • Shop Direct Finance Company Ltd (Trading As Littlewoods Direct)

Regarding the non disclosure of data, the ICO suggest that you name the data controller or the company secretary when sending the LBA – which is it or doesn’t it really matter.

Regards…Turnaround

Our claim was v SDFCL, no response in our case so we opted for a default judgement as it was worth just over £400.00. Followed it up with a charges reclaim plus restitutional interest. They defended that one but lost :-)

Gez

Hi Gez,

As you, I will be seeking compliance with the SAR first and then get the refund of charges plus restitutional interest.

To ensure that I’m in the right ball park, could you confirm that a charge of £10.00 on 19 July 07 is roughly £39.09 on 19 Aug 11 with an interest rate of 39.9% in restitution?

Thanks for your time.

Regards….Turnaround