style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3649 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just come back from honeymoon and failed to pay council tax arrears that i was paying at £50/month

The letter gave me 14 days to respond but with being away this was not possible so i have a letter stating this will go to Jacobs Bailliffs - I HATE THIS COMPANY!!

I emailed the council to say i will get back on track with payments and that i have been away but they say i now have to deal with the bailiffs, i dont want to , shall i just keep paying the council?

What will the bailliffs do first, knock on my door or write to me - :???:

What will the bailiffs do first, knock on my door or write to me

stick a letter through your door without knocking

stick another letter through your door without knocking

stick a notice of seizure through your door with a random car levied or your garden furniture

don't let them into your park you car well away from your home unless its on finance or HP

continue to pay the council

unfortunately you will have lawful bailiff fees £42.50 in total as long as they don't get a levy

i will ask for the thread to moved to bailiff forum

Moved to the Bailiffs Forum.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Dont have a car or garden furniture anyway!!

Dealt with them before and cannot stand them!

Told the council id pay them but they basically said 'tough, deal with jacobs'!

Im just gonna pay the council :sad:

yep via internet banking then they cannot refuse

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Agreed - keep paying the council, ensuring you catch up asap. Once established it will be hard for them to try to make you deal with bailiffs. As HW rightly (as always) says, keep everything well away and do not under any circumstances let them in. Legitimate bailiff fees can and should be sorted later (currently £42.50 for two visits - they can't charge for any more visits and can't add any more charges unless they successfully levy something. One extra precaution - it might be worth leaving living room curtains closed when at work as they have been kown to look through the window, list things they can see and claim they've had entry and levied on these goods. They can't do this if they can't see them!

I have told them i would rather they take an attachment of earnings than deal with bailiffs, they have agreed so i guess thats better. they can only take a certain percentage of my wage anyway