help with platform

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3765 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Check your files, and also check for a CCJ on here http://www.trustonline.org.uk/

Don't get into any further correspondence with them just yet, check the above..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you got a field?

If so put a bull in it quick!

Where do they think they are, America? They're not some sort of FBI, clowns!

As for that fee of sending out one of their 'agents' to check your field, who do they think they are? Add away, you won't be paying it, I've had a quick look through their T&C's and nowhere could I find 'we will add random figures to your total to pay for our holiday'!

The OFT might like to have a copy of that missive.

The visit may well be instructed by them, but unless you arrange a visit then they will be wasting their time, if some clown does turn up, open door, say "No milk today thank you" and shut the door. If possible film it, either way they have no legal powers to do anything less for send out puerile missives they type out on their speak and spell.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Just print it off and keep it by the front door.... if they turn up shove it in the grubby mitts, or tell them to clear orf!

Pointless really to send them it, they can't read anyhow.

You need to see a copy of the original Judgment to see if there is indeed a money order on it as well.

Was it the original creditor who took court action and is it the original creditor who is now seeking payment - or has the account been sold ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Unless the Judgment actually allowed them to add interest, then they cant suddenly "reserve the right to add it".

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi thank you for your reply's citizenB yes it is the original creditor who took us to court for the repo and yes it is still them who are chasing

how do i get a copy of the original judgement

i couldnt see anything like that in the sar and most of our paper work got lost over 6 years ago when we were evicted and moved into a hostal

Also the money order thing has never been mentioned til after 6 yrs

which i find strange also there letter threatened to use it

if i failed to get in touch yet there next letter has no mention of it just a threat of a visit.

And BB i think il save the ink and tell them to do one should they turn up

Kind Regards Casper

Righto, I was just wondering if they had sold the account on - in which case the new owner might have needed to apply to the court to have themselves replaced as claimant.

If you have not heard anything in 6 years, then again, they might have trouble enforcing. I will try and find someone who can help.. so perhaps don't do anything for a little while until we can get you some proper advice :)

I would have thought the Subject Access Request would have provided you with some data. But you say not. Again, hold fire while I get some of the more knowledgeable peeps on board for you.

BCOBS

once again thank you citizenB any thing you can find out and advise would be very much appreciated as for the judgement i will go through the sar again encase i missed which could be as i would not no what it looks like unless they deliberately left it out.

Regards Casper

Interesting this charge for a 'field agent' visit, it cannot be added to a judgement debt unless specifically allowed.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Well been through the sar again 100% sure there is nothing about judgement or any other court papers all it contains is the correspondence between us and them, list of phone dater the original agreement and al the solicitors fees ect they accrued relating to the repossession

Regards Casper

I've never heard of a shortfall being mentioned during a repossession. They get the property and then it's up to them to get the best price that they can. I would say they'd need to go to court if they wanted to pursue the shortfall.

This link may interest you too.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

There's more information here that could be relevant to your situation. http://www.cml.org.uk/cml/consumers/guides/debt

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I think its a ll hot air to make money out of you

typical platform trick.

if all that's left is charges/int etc

they that'll be a perfect counterclaim i'm sure.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 months later...

Hi All back again as

i have had a letter put through my letter box today from a field agent

saying they called but got no reply ( i have been in all-day )

they say they have made a appointment for me ( i dont think so )

now problem is my printer is not working so can not print out the doorstep letter

so will a simple go away do or should i contact the number supplied

(will go to the phone box) and tell them to do one or email them.

Are nci anything to worry about

Kind Regards Casper

Image21.jpg

Edited by casper1963

HA ha ha , "Field Agent" Do you have a field??

Don't ring this self appointed "field agent" if she does turn up when your in, tell her to clear orf, you are under absolutely no legal obligation to discuss any financial matter on your doorstep with a total stranger, regardless of how many badges of ID they may have round their scrawny necks.

If it was me in your position then I would call them and state that you do not want them to visit

especially so as you will be charged for the visit.

These visits are usually to carry out a pre-sue report to look at your belongings in the house.

You are fully within your rights to refuse this, there was some information from the OFT which I can't find at the moment,

but it did state that you can refuse to entertain a visit due to you being charged....

Hi Brig,

Thanks for the info,so glad your still contributing aswell.. Top,top man.

Thank you I look in when time permits!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 2 weeks later...

Sp going to ring her up when I come back from the pub!!

How the hell does a letter have a tone? Brilliant...

Why not reply in kind?

Dear Ms Lambert

I refer to the template letter left by you and dated 05 December 13.

The Office of Fair Trading, in its Debt Collection Guidance, compliance with which is a mandatory condition of your firm's licence, makes clear that: "ignoring or disregarding debtors' reasonable requests in respect of when, where and how to contact them" is an unfair business practice.

It is my policy to deal with financial matters only in writing; consequently I require you to cease calling at my home with immediate effect.

I also remind you that the OFT also states that: "not leaving the debtor's property when reasonably asked to do so" is also an unfair practice. For the avoidance of any doubt, this means that if you ignore my reasonable request to communicate only in writing, you will be instructed to leave at once; if you fail to do so, the police will be called.

You will appreciate the clarity of my position from the tone of this letter. It is in your interest to comply with your obligations under the OFT Guidance, as no further reminders will be provided.

If you do not understand any part of this letter, you should seek professional advice.

Yours etc.