Cabot

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4544 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is todays latest update:

Dear

Our response to your correspondence

I refer to your email below, which was received on 2nd June 2011.

In your email you acknowledge receipt of the information we have provided in response to your request pursuant to section 77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (“CCA”). However, I note you remain dissatisfied with the same.

Upon reviewing our records, I refer you to our previous correspondence dated 19th May 2011, in which Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd responded to the issues you have raised and our position remains unchanged. I would with respect advise you that you have been misinformed in relation to the arguments you continue to raise and you have no grounds for your continued dispute and failure to repay your financial liabilities. I would with respect advise that you have not been misinformed by CAG but are being led up the garden path by these muppets, no Terms and Conditions no CCA as its nothing but an application form as per its title.

In addition to the above, I note your reference to section 127(3) of the CCA. From the documentation previously provided, there is no question as to the enforceability of your credit agreement. It clearly complies with the requirements of the CCA and the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983, relevant at the time. Should you intend to challenge the enforceability of your credit agreement, you must apply to the Court to obtain a declaration of unenforceability. We would recommend you seek independent legal advice prior to the commencement of any such proceedings. (No it does not theres not terms and conditions so as i said its nothing but an application form. As for "you must apply to the Court to obtain a declaration of unenforceability" that's bull****, why would we want to do that and incur the costs of doing so, when a court can not enforce their legal claim and will strike out their claim upon the agreement being as not being enforcable as we all ready know it isn't.)

We would also like to highlight that the sole purpose of the CCA is for consumer protection, not to provide a method for the avoidance of a debt, which we believe you are attempting in this matter. And we are not advising her avoid payment but simply protect angry mums rights under the CCA, i,e, no enforcable agreement means issuing proceedings being unlawful and a breach of her rights under the agreement P.s. you think all that stand up for there rights are trying to avoid paying you anyway, so your logic their is somewhat flawed idiots.

I would again like to reiterate that the information provided is sufficient to satisfy the requirements set out under section 77/78 of the CCA. It is also adequate to justify the existence of this debt and your liability to repay the same. Therefore, we recommend that you continue to maintain payments in accordance with your agreed repayment arrangement, which for your information has been agreed for a monthly payment of £1.00. NO TERMS AND CONDITIONS THERE NOTHING BUT AN APPLICATION FORM

As for the monthly payment - well no such agreement was agreed or entered into between angrymum and you muppets so no it was not agreed with you. The payments were agreed with Capital one, and your owners ship of the account is question due to your fabricated NOA with a 2008 logo for a 2006 document. So if she should pay anyone its capital one not you muppets as she has never had a contract/agreement with you

Finally, I note from your email received on 1st June 2011 that you refer to recent correspondence we have sent in relation to your account, which states we have recently purchased your account. I would like to take this opportunity to clarify that this letter was a duplicate of the introductory letter, which was originally sent to your address on 22nd December 2006. Therefore, it is clear that we have not been illegally trying to collect payments on your account as you have alleged. Right so why does it have a 2008 logo if it was a duplicate of the letter supposedly sent in 2006 which would have had a 2006 logo? You do know the meaning of the word duplicate is exact copy - don't you? Hardly say its an exact copy of a letter sent in 2006 when its got a 2008 logo on it that did not exist in 2006 idiots

The Customer Assurance department will not enter in to any further correspondence with you regarding this matter as we have continually responded to the issues you have raised. And you are still in default of the CCA request and have been since may 2010 i do not see a judge looking favorably on you for refusing to discuss the dispute, and choosing to ignore it all together

For your ease of reference the outstanding balance on the above account is .

I trust I have set out our position clearly. Yeah you admit that the notice of assignment is fabricated and that your a dumb desk jockey that has not understanding of the CCA 1974, and who as a biased opinion of all those standing up for their rights as nothing but people wanting to avoid their debts.

Yours sincerely

Charlie Mitchell

Customer Assurance Advisor

Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited

1 Kings Hill Avenue, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UA

Tel: 0845 026 0463

Email:

Web:

Thats my thoughts to their letter

Edited by teaboy2

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

If they aren't going to correspond with me any more, how do they expect me to set up a payment? :wink:

Lol exactly. Best thing is, they assume you already had an agreed repayment plan of £1 with them, when really you never had an repayment plan with them as it was with capital one not them. And why should you pay them when their ownership is questionable and they have failed to provide a valid CCA. Basically they have not proven their ownership but proven they have fabricated documents so who's to say they did not also fabricate the application form as its funny how they didn't have on in last year but as if by magic 12 months on they have an application form and an NOA (though with a logo from 2008 on a alleged duplicate of a 2006 document lol)

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

Haven't a clue what's going on, but just received this via e-mail:

Dear ,

We are emailing you in regards to your Capital Once Bank Credit Card account.

We are pleased to confirm that we have a repayment plan in place and are receiving regular payments of £1.00 per month.

Yours sincerely,

Cabot

0800 3280708

Not once did I agree to this???

Ehhh So they are receiving payments, i think they have finally lose the plot lol

Email them back with:

Your have not recieved any payments from me, so get your facts right. Nor have i agreed anything with you lot either, as i never had an agreement or contract with your company - So again.. Get your facts right.

Yo no disrespect Donkey B but this out fit are dumber that an Ass......

Oh and Angrymum,,, ask them to set up something for the Hippy,,, I don't mind payments going in from some Alien being...... JOKERS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959

• 4 months later...

Ok.....and today the saga has started again. We've now received a letter from Fire (Financial Investigations and Recovers Europe ltd) saying they are giving us notification of Instruction to Collect for their client Cabot. Letter states as follows:

Dear Mr ................

Due to your failure to pay the above debt, FIRE has been instructed by our Client, the Cabot Financial Group, to recover the full outstanding balance on your account.

This notice is issued for non-payment of the above debt

Failure to pay your debt in full will result in further recover action

PAYMENT IN FULL IS REQUIRED IMMEDIATELY

You must now contact one of our agents in our Recovery Dept on 0845 0700381, opening hours Mon to Fri 8:00 - 21:00 Sat 9:00 - 16:00

Client: Cabot Financial Group

Original Lender: Capital One Bank

Ref......................

Balance................

How do I respond to this one. :???:

So, on the one hand they claim you have a payment agreement of £1 a month in place... and on the other, they’re saying you haven’t paid... is that correct?

Why not send them a jigsaw? It will keep them amused for decades.

They say they did, but we didn't receive one, so when I questioned it, they sent a letter saying they had 'recently' acquired the account and the letter was dated the day I asked about the letter of assignment. When I questioned it, they said it was a copy of the letter they sent in December 2006, surely if it was a true copy it would have December 2006 date on it?

• 5 weeks later...

Ok, once again this morning we've received a letter from FIRE stating this is their Pre-Visit notification, no further Notice or warning will be given that doorstep agents will be call upon us!

I've sent them letters, emails telling the account was in dispute, asking for copies of the CCA again and letter of assignment, none of which we have received. :-x

The letter states we have 48 hours to respond by calling 0845 0700381.

Standard garbage designed to make you ring them so they can bully you into making a payment. Waste of your time and money to write to them again, wait and see if someone does turn up advise them to **** off or you will call police as someone is at your home and is liable to cause a breach of the peace.

dpick

In the very unlikely event of a muppet

turning up just tell thre to go forth

nrver

tp return, they have no legal powers,

and no rights to come on to your property.

Brig.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: