BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Just to give another view of the NHS and GPs - two GPs probably saved my life last year.   I'd been extremely ill, no appetite, significant weight loss, not taking enough fluids.  Wife took me to A&E.  Terrible experience.  After four hours told my wife to take me home.  She said "told you this was a mistake.  I'll get you an emergency GP appointment tomorrow".  Saw a GP Registrar (essentially a trainee GP) following afternoon.  She was very concerned and asked a colleague for a second opinion.  Second GP was horrified as soon as she saw me, and said "You ought to be in hospital".  She told the trainee to arrange to have me admitted to hospital and just over two hours later (after my wife had driven me there) I was in bed on a medical assessment ward.  Stayed in hospital for a week and was only discharged because they needed the bed.   I was going to complain about my A&E experience (I think the triage nurse must have screwed up my triage assessment) but a week after I was discharged, I had to take my wife to A&E as her optician thought she might have a detached retina.  It was about 5:30pm on a Saturday and the place was full of injured footballers and rugby players.  It was much busier than it had been on the Monday afternoon I'd been there, but my wife saw a doctor in 20 mins and we were out in 40 mins.  I decided that sometimes you're just unlucky...
    • Many households heated by oil are stocking up on cheap fuel during lockdown. View the full article
    • I keep an eye on the NHS board because I'm a former NHS manager.  I saw this thread started years ago and thought I'd have look.   I'm sure it's purely coincidental, but when I got to #61, it reminded me of a different poster on a different thread from last year.  They aren't identical, but the way things are expressed are remarkably similar.  (eg 20 min wait - ask receptionist - Drs are very busy - wait another 20 min - ask again - receptionist checks computer - says Dr has refused to see you because of complaint 2 years ago - transferred to another GP who expresses "shock" at other Dr's behaviour - vague and confusing references to a "justified" complaint.   Maybe it's just me, but they seem remarkably similar, although the other thread is missing a 2014, 2016, 2017 backstory.     layla_83   As others have already said, there seems little point in complaining now about issues that stem from things that happened in 2014 (and 2016?).  If you wanted to complain to "put the system right", you should have done that six years ago.  Even if the original GP is still about, they won't remember any of it, so there will be absolutely no opportunity for them to learn any lessons from it.  And the fact that the original GP did not want to see you (or rather your mother) because you (she) had made a complaint against them two years ago most certainly does not mean that the GP remembers anything from 2014, it just means that you (or your mother) are flagged up on their system as a "complainer".  As I asked a year ago, why would anyone be unhappy because a GP they had previously complained about refused to see them?  You should be relieved!!!  You say the GP should not take the complaint personally, but if I were a GP I would not want to treat anyone who has made a complaint against me.  (And if you are connected to that other thread, you should have complained to your local CCG or the GMC by now).   You were going to send a letter of complaint to the practice in 2017, so why only now complain about their response?  Did it take them nearly three years to reply?
    • Hi JeelyM and welcome to CAG   1. Do you have the details of the person you bought the bike from.   2. Did you go to their address when you bought it.   3. Did you pay cash for it or what other means.   4. Did you pay the full market for buying the bike.   5. What did you pay.   6. Give us make and model of the bike please.
  • Our picks

• View this quiz Employment status during COVID-19
      What do you do if you’ve been told not to come to work due to the current crisis.  Watch the video here or on the Youth Consumer Service Instagram page.

Did you learn anything? Do the quiz

Submitter BankFodder Type One Right Answer Time 5 minutes Total Questions 8 Category The Youth Consumer Service Submitted 15/05/20  
      • 0 replies
    • One Parking Solutions - Damning judgement. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421148-one-parking-solutions-damning-judgement/
        • Thanks
      • 66 replies
    • View this quiz Coping with extreme hardship
      Life can be tough when you're entering the world of work and in the present virus crisis, things are even more difficult.

Watch the video below or go to the Youth Consumer Service Instagram page . Afterwards, you can see if you've understood the points which are being made by taking the quiz.

Submitter BankFodder Type One Right Answer Time 5 minutes Total Questions 8 Category The Youth Consumer Service Submitted 15/05/20  
      • 1 reply
    • View this quiz: Pre-pay meters
      An explanation of how some gas and electric companies offer emergency quarantine support.

Watch the video here – or go to the Youth Consumer Service Instagram page and watch it there. Then come back here and do the quiz

Submitter BankFodder Type One Right Answer Time 5 minutes Total Questions 6 Category The Youth Consumer Service Submitted 15/05/20  
      • 1 reply
Queens_king

Moorcroft Doorstepper posed as a court bailiff re BT debt - now a police fraud investigation

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2046 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have a few problems with BT. See the attachments for the full story.

However, they are still chasing for the full payment of the contract. As they were unable to provide the service that was ordered I cancelled as not being fit for the purpose.

Can they still charge for the service although it was not ready and we cancelled before any services were started

Many thanks in advance

Image.jpg

Image (2).jpg

how long after you signed for the bt vision equipment as delivered by royal mail track and trace, did you cancel the order and did you do it in writing

The attachments gives the full story, but it was three calls of about 90 minutes each and then the box was returned with the letter Attached here) This was over aprox one month

ime afraid i cant read the links provided

how was the equipment returned, was it collected, recorded delivery, etc

It was returned recorded delivery, I hold the POD.

there is a reason for these questions

what speed is your broad band

Which broadband, the one I have now with Sky or the one that I was supposed to get with BT

Sky is currently 6Mb and the BT was supposed to be 20Mb but got nothing as it was not turned on.

where you with bt when you received the equipment, was it a new conection or was it allready up and running the broadband

The telephone was running before we moved, the broadband was the same, but both were outside the 12 months contract period. The BT vision was new as we at the time did not know we could have sky in the flats

so just to confirm

when you ordered the bt vision equipment you allready had a broadband service from bt at your house.

its just you mentioned moved and ime a bit confused if you are now talking about a service at a new property

prob barking up the wrong tree but please confirm

The telephone and the broadband were at the old address, when we moved we entered into a new contract of the triple play. (telephone, B/Band and TV)

great, all clear now

when you entered into the new contract, bt would send you an invoice/letter stating when the equipment would be delivered and when the broadband would be active

did you get that

Sorry, I did not read earlier, I will give a brief idea of the letter that was sent with the box back

09th July 2010 .. Ordered Broadband, Telephone and BT Vision/

22nd July 2010 .. Installation date (engineer called .. telephone working only and quoted £90 to get the rest working)

22nd July 2010 (15:21) .. Called BT helpline .. 90 mins being pushed from one CS to another with no help

22nd July 2010 (16:53) .. call ended with CS saying that we cancelled the service, but after argueing service to be connected 29th July 2010

29th July 2010 .. No broadband or BT vision. (14:33) call to BT helpline. and again from dept to dept. Technician to look at it .. Call ended 16:47 .. services to be w orking by 5pm 2nd Aug 2010

02nd Aug 2010 .. Still no service. BT helpline again ... (10:20) No query raised, all things working, no technician required ... In that case why no TV and broadband ... Several more round the house blame the others trips (13:01) call ended.

Decided to send equipment back and terminate the order

Hope this helps

sorry for the questions

why ninety quid extra quoted to get broadband working when engineer called

That is a good question that was asked but never answered. We believe that he knew that the Broadband was not working and had a scheme of relieving me of £90 but hve no proof. Not the first one in the block though to have said this

its a usual trick of bt but dont blame the engineer

they state that the socket has been change or running off an extension. its where the socket runs into the property that counts

BT IS SO FRAGMENTED YOU NEED TO BE OFFICIAL.

CONTACT BILLING AGAIN AND ASK WHAT THE SITUATION IS REF THIS ACCOUNT AS YOU CANCELLED THE CONTRACT AND RETURNED THE EQUIPMENT BACK TO BT WITHIN 14 DAYS OF RECEIPT, IF YOU GET ANY CRAP IVE THE EMAIL ADDRESS OF THE CEO OF BT A MR IAN LIVINGSTONE

CALL THEM NOW AND GET BACK TO YOUR THREAD

THEY ARE OPEN TILL EIGHT

Guest jsa12

these boxes appear to to be little more then freeview recorders and hence a freeview signal is required and that they rely on a bt server to be able to function at all,given the cost and the variable speeds of an adsl connection these would be a second choice provider given their technical capabilities'.

these boxes appear to to be little more then freeview recorders and hence a freeview signal is required and that they rely on a bt server to be able to function at all,given the cost and the variable speeds of an adsl connection these would be a second choice provider given their technical capabilities'.

they operate of a broadband signal AND NEED A MIN OF 3.5 MEG CONECTION TO OPERATE

We have already taken the Accounts option but they are not prepared to go any further than quote £956 for cancelling the service. And now they wish to add 25% for late.non payment, you must be bl***y joking.

Dont take the explanation of the first telephone muppett

often wondered why you get cut off during a call

they have a max of six minutes per person before the move onto the next customer

its called performance managemnt

they would say a pig can fly just to move onto the next customer

ask why the cancelation request was not actioned

do it now

I used to work for a debt counselling company and all the ins and outs have been done more than once and I have even managed to get hold of a CS Supervisor (and that was a bigger waste of time than the CS Clerk). Each and every one seem to read from the same sheet with no exceptions apart from Sir and madam.

I have a copy of a letter I sent to them requesting information as to why the "Not Fit For Purpose" did not apply with the same reply of you ordered, you pay, and also from a CS manager .. who replied with a better version of something like "well take it up with OFTEL and if you wont pay see you in court"

It is that we have now received a letter from Advantis Credit demanding payment and I would like to put it to them but also have some form of defence to place in front of them should they dare take this into litigation.

I am completely hacked off w ith these idiots and it seems the more that they act like Keystone Cops the more they get away with.

Maybe I will need to take this up with a solicitor

have a nose at my thread

it has all the relevant contact details

i would type out and send as an email atachment everything that has happened including poor customer service

before we start going legal, you must give bt an oppertunity to put matters right and to be honest, ian wilkinsons office did it for me

just go to the organ grinder, not the monkey

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?278262-Compensation-from-bt&highlight=

Many thanks for the link to your problem with BT, I will be sending that email in a few moments.

I will update what is happening.

Hi.

Just received a housecall from a

Asked him for the papers, says he did not have them so I told him to leave.

He left a hand scribbled note in the door,

mis-spelling my name but has a case number against it.

No name for him but a telephone number. See attachment.

I believe that this is a doorstep collector from Advantis

who I instructed NOT to call on my door or it will call it a tort of trespass under common law.

Trying to find a case number of 342/2011 which I believe is bogus but needs to be checked.

Cant think it is real as I have not had any paperwork from the courts referencing the summons.

Any ideas??

Edited by Queens_king
Addition of Scan