Moorcroft Doorstepper posed as a court bailiff re BT debt - now a police fraud investigation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3445 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a few problems with BT. See the attachments for the full story.

However, they are still chasing for the full payment of the contract. As they were unable to provide the service that was ordered I cancelled as not being fit for the purpose.

Can they still charge for the service although it was not ready and we cancelled before any services were started

Many thanks in advance

Image.jpg

Image (2).jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so just to confirm

when you ordered the bt vision equipment you allready had a broadband service from bt at your house.

its just you mentioned moved and ime a bit confused if you are now talking about a service at a new property

prob barking up the wrong tree but please confirm

Sorry, I did not read earlier, I will give a brief idea of the letter that was sent with the box back

09th July 2010 .. Ordered Broadband, Telephone and BT Vision/

22nd July 2010 .. Installation date (engineer called .. telephone working only and quoted £90 to get the rest working)

22nd July 2010 (15:21) .. Called BT helpline .. 90 mins being pushed from one CS to another with no help

22nd July 2010 (16:53) .. call ended with CS saying that we cancelled the service, but after argueing service to be connected 29th July 2010

29th July 2010 .. No broadband or BT vision. (14:33) call to BT helpline. and again from dept to dept. Technician to look at it .. Call ended 16:47 .. services to be w orking by 5pm 2nd Aug 2010

02nd Aug 2010 .. Still no service. BT helpline again ... (10:20) No query raised, all things working, no technician required ... In that case why no TV and broadband ... Several more round the house blame the others trips (13:01) call ended.

Decided to send equipment back and terminate the order

Hope this helps

its a usual trick of bt but dont blame the engineer

they state that the socket has been change or running off an extension. its where the socket runs into the property that counts

BT IS SO FRAGMENTED YOU NEED TO BE OFFICIAL.

CONTACT BILLING AGAIN AND ASK WHAT THE SITUATION IS REF THIS ACCOUNT AS YOU CANCELLED THE CONTRACT AND RETURNED THE EQUIPMENT BACK TO BT WITHIN 14 DAYS OF RECEIPT, IF YOU GET ANY CRAP IVE THE EMAIL ADDRESS OF THE CEO OF BT A MR IAN LIVINGSTONE

CALL THEM NOW AND GET BACK TO YOUR THREAD

THEY ARE OPEN TILL EIGHT

these boxes appear to to be little more then freeview recorders and hence a freeview signal is required and that they rely on a bt server to be able to function at all,given the cost and the variable speeds of an adsl connection these would be a second choice provider given their technical capabilities'.

these boxes appear to to be little more then freeview recorders and hence a freeview signal is required and that they rely on a bt server to be able to function at all,given the cost and the variable speeds of an adsl connection these would be a second choice provider given their technical capabilities'.

they operate of a broadband signal AND NEED A MIN OF 3.5 MEG CONECTION TO OPERATE

Dont take the explanation of the first telephone muppett

often wondered why you get cut off during a call

they have a max of six minutes per person before the move onto the next customer

its called performance managemnt

they would say a pig can fly just to move onto the next customer

ask why the cancelation request was not actioned

do it now

I used to work for a debt counselling company and all the ins and outs have been done more than once and I have even managed to get hold of a CS Supervisor (and that was a bigger waste of time than the CS Clerk). Each and every one seem to read from the same sheet with no exceptions apart from Sir and madam.

I have a copy of a letter I sent to them requesting information as to why the "Not Fit For Purpose" did not apply with the same reply of you ordered, you pay, and also from a CS manager .. who replied with a better version of something like "well take it up with OFTEL and if you wont pay see you in court"

It is that we have now received a letter from Advantis Credit demanding payment and I would like to put it to them but also have some form of defence to place in front of them should they dare take this into litigation.

I am completely hacked off w ith these idiots and it seems the more that they act like Keystone Cops the more they get away with.

Maybe I will need to take this up with a solicitor

have a nose at my thread

it has all the relevant contact details

i would type out and send as an email atachment everything that has happened including poor customer service

before we start going legal, you must give bt an oppertunity to put matters right and to be honest, ian wilkinsons office did it for me

just go to the organ grinder, not the monkey

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?278262-Compensation-from-bt&highlight=

• 2 months later...

Hi.

Just received a housecall from a

Asked him for the papers, says he did not have them so I told him to leave.

He left a hand scribbled note in the door,

mis-spelling my name but has a case number against it.

No name for him but a telephone number. See attachment.

I believe that this is a doorstep collector from Advantis

who I instructed NOT to call on my door or it will call it a tort of trespass under common law.

Trying to find a case number of 342/2011 which I believe is bogus but needs to be checked.

Cant think it is real as I have not had any paperwork from the courts referencing the summons.

Any ideas??

Edited by Queens_king
Addition of Scan