Searches By DCA's

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4059 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, Brigadier, I believe quite a few of us would like to be more informed about these searches and how they affect our credit file.

Yes too many conflicting statements from the CRAs

also too many conflicting reports from consumers

somewhere there must be a correct answer.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I can't help but feel that DCA's are using the system of T1 searches as a form of blackmail, they start searching the credit file once the default drops off and seem to be continue very frequently, until of course the debt is paid.

Clearly they feel justified in this behaviour, but I feel that it is an abuse of the system that Equifax welcome.

Apologies to AndreaMc for hijacking your thread.

Don't know if i'm coming or going!

• 2 months later...

I've had searches by Muck hall,Clarity and the mysterious Apex. i say mysterious, because the first two I recieved letters off them soon after. Apex I never recieved anything, no contact or anything.

However what was even stranger, is that an address was incorrectly linked to me last year, same day Apex appeared and started constantly searching my credit record for a couple of months. Some time after I recieved a CCJ at this linked address which I dont and have never lived at.

From checking my credit record tonight, I discovered that apex stopped searching my address 1 week before the CCJ was issued against me.

• 9 months later...

Just had to contact Equifax to update my current address details. They have changed my address but there were no previous addresses (and consequently no defaults!) listed, so I contacted them to ask them to update my old addresses to give an accurate report. This is the reply I got.

Dear Andrea

Thank you for getting in touch.

I'm afraid we can only hold up to 3 of your addresses on the records other address if we there are relevant information about you on that address it will be under your linked address information.

We've now updated your address and created a new Credit Report for you to view online.

You’ll find more information about your credit report at: http://www.equifax.co.uk/help. If you have a question, you should find the answer in our FAQ section. If not, you can send us an online query, and attach your documents to it – no need to worry about them getting lost or delayed in the post.

I hope you find this useful. If there’s anything else we can do for you, please let us know.

Kind regards

Equifax Customer Services

I checked my new report and they have added 2 addresses from the last 3 years, but not the address prior to that with 3 defaults.. they're not due to drop off til next year, so should definitely still be showing on my report. Any idea how to sort this? I can't believe i'm telling them I have defaults and they're not updating my report to show this. :???:

**should I start a new thread for this?

Edited by AndreaMc
Repost elsewhere?

They are correct only 3 addresses can be show,but imo the defaulted accounts should still be shown in the body of the report.

The 3 most recent addresses are the norm.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Oh, that's interesting. The address with the defaults isn't showing up in linked addresses, so my Equifax file is still squeaky clean. Experian does have the linked/previous address but is only showing one of the defaults. Puzzled but glad.

I'ts down to the CRAs not having suitably enlarged their data base facilities, CRA files are much compacted compared to even a couple of years ago.

Better hope they don't enlarge the facility to soon Andrea.:lol:

Amen to that! Surely if the defaults were showing last week before they updated my current address, they'll still have them on file?? I'm happy to bask in the glory of a clean file for as long as I can get away with :razz: