• Tweets

• Hey guys,   I was using a utility supplier for 18 months. Every month, paid my direct debit on time. One day, they reviewed my account and said they had miscalculated my energy consumption and I now owe them £900.    I switched energy suppliers straight away as a consequence.    I am now being contacted by UK Search Limited by phone, email and text message. So far, I haven't responded and don't intend to.   I've checked my credit file. The account with the original utility supplier is closed and settled according to Credit Karma.    So what should I do with UK Search Limited? As far as I see it:   Completely ignore them until they go away (my preferred option) Contact them in some way and dispute the debt   I would be very grateful for any advice on how to proceed. I currently have an excellent credit score.    Thank you,  
    • Afternoon guys.   Just received the following from the dealer I purchased from:   Dear Mr Fish.   Sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your car.   Unfortunately my contract of sale on this vehicle is with CarMoney Ltd and any issues or complaints will have to come from them. You can contact CarMoney on 0333 4564550 you will need your finance reference number for security.   Kind regards David Wickes GCS Cars Ltd
    • Hi  Has anyone recently had any joy with claiming or at least getting a hold of these people I got a car with them back in 99 and was definitely mis-sold PPI  Tried to claim through a 3rd party but they have said that they no longer have them on their list - I had to state Direct Auto Finance and Provident Financial who were the underwriters i believe    Really need some help    Thanks 
    • Hi,sorry .The Gararge is called Jordan Motors House Ltd. Is there any thing else you would like to know?
    • Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd   Date of issue 16/08/19.     Particulars of Claim   What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? 1. The claim comprises the following agreements the defendant entered into a. Talk Talk telecom Ltd with reference (Account Number) and current balance 485. b. Vanquis Bank with refrence (Card Number) current balance 596 The agreements were terminated as payments were not maintained and subsequently assigned to claimant. and the claimant claims. a) the total of the said sums being 1080. b) interest pursuant to s69 county courts act 1984 at the interest rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue. but limited to one year, being 7 C) Costs     What is the total value of the claim? 1317   Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC ( Pre Action Protocol) ? yes   Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred?No   Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? N/A Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Credit card and landline/mobile   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ?  no   Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? card on line / landline mobile by phone   Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/ Equifax /Etc...) ? yes   Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Debt purchaser   Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? yes   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? cant remember   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? yes   Why did you cease payments? on the vanquish card because my wife lost her job and at the same time so did my son so all household bills became my responsibility. the talk talk was canceled by me , due to at least two data breaches ant the mobile was canclled as it was a monthly contract I no longer needed but they carried on charging me for a further 4 months claiming I did not cancel it correctly   What was the date of your last payment? 2016   Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? yes to both   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? no
  • Our picks

bubbsie1

Newmans chasing my Amex account

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2818 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I might try a new thread for e-Applications on credit cards, someone must know something, would love to write back to Amex and tell them to F.Off until they can produce a valid CCA but want to be sure of my ground!!

Well it must be because we're special, or perhaps they need training and are hoping to imbibe some knowledge!!

Let me now if I can help with inf.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Just my two cents worth

What you described earlier is a screen dump and IMHO not any type of agreement.

ims

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Thanks ims

good to hear, what exactly is a screen dump?

I have seperate threads for my problems with an Amex card; just got their response to my CCA request and it consists of what looks like two sheets of computer programming records entitled e-Application; my personal details are on them but mostly it consists of a series of codes (numbers).

Does anyone know whether an e-Application without a signed CCA agreement is valid and enforceable?.

Thanks ims

good to hear, what exactly is a screen dump?

All they appear to have done is pull up your details into their database and printed the record that shows on screen.

Imagine I had a lttle Access database and you gave me your name, address, telephone, DOB etc. I could enter that in the relevant fields, print it off and send it to you.

I wouldn't, of course, have the audacity to say that it was a credit agreement!

ims

Edited by ims21
Must slow down and get the spelling right!

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Hi ims

thanks for your help, yes of course I see exactly what you mean......now for the F.Off letter.

bubbsie

It depends, when was it applied for?

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

I can't be absolutely certain but believe it was Aug 08

I'm afraid a digital signature from that period is seen as adequate. :(

Did they send you the terms and conditions from that period too?

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Thanks Cerberus I was slowly coming to that conclusion before your reply......:violin: There are terms and conditions but nothing is dated so how would I know?

Going to have a large G & T or three now.......

why did you CCA them in the first place

surely this is your debt...

what are the issues ?

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Hi dx

yes it is my debt and I am not trying to avoid paying it (or any of the others) however after my income suddenly reduced to less than a third of what it had been Amex closed the account, continued to charge me monthly interest and refused to accept what I could afford to pay them after my priority bills were paid.

Immediately the account was given to Newmans DCA who telephoned and texted me constantly. In my naivety I sent them the same income and expenditure form I supplied to Amex, they wrote back refusing my offer and said I had assetts I could liquidate to pay the bill in full and if I did not comply they would issue an SD and make me bankrupt ( I have a property with equity which I live in).

Fortunately I found CAG shortly after and started the initial thread on this matter.

I had hoped if the agreement was not enforceable I could pay a monthly sum they would have to accept knowing the matter would not be enforceable in court.

I don't want to sound too defensive here and of course I accept I have to and should pay; however all of my creditors except Amex and one other were sympathetic to my reduced circumstances and accepted my offers.

My aim was not to avoid my debts, merely to manage them until, hopefully, things improved.

Not sure how to proceed now!!

You can't be forced to sell your house to pay a non priority debt! Do not send them an I&E form again. Set up a SO for what YOU can afford to pay (your decision) and ignore their tantrums thereafter for ever and ever ahmen x

:lol:

Successfully claimed back mis-sold PPI (Barclays Bank) 2009-10 (£8500)

Ran a paid-for DMP. Deeply respect those who self-manage a DMP; it is possible to do with the help of fellow CAGGERS

Offered F&F to all my creditors. All closed out including a particularly intransigent and stubborn one - who eventually saw sense after 10 months of nonsense!

Does not condone debt avoidance but violently disagrees with the antics of debt collectors and their behavior towards the ones trying to pay. I am a great believer in what goes around, comes around. Keep up the good fight!

Hi bbnb

thanks for the reply, i must admit I was sligthly surprised by the questions above,;I'm grateful for your suggestion and I will do just THAT, set up a standing order and send them what I can afford.

Would love to do a self managed DMP as you are but income fluctuates so much (more downs than ups) not a possiility at the moment.

Thanks

bubbsie

I do my own DMP now as my income is like yours. I've set a minimum that each creditor gets, but if and when I can afford more they get a bit extra. You just need to calculate what that base amount is. I pay by online banking direct payment so that I have the flexibility to control the amount of each payment, rather than by fixed standing orders or a 'proper' managed plan.

Hi OMWO

I do have a minimum payment that goes out each month to those creditors who agreed to accept my proposal; actually I even have one that goes out to Barclays, who like AMEX refused to accept the payment formally but have gone quiet since I sent them a SARS request and are taking the payments off the balance I owe them.

I will do as BBNB sugggests and set up a standing order to AMEX, it won't be enough to cover the interest they charge me each month but at least it will show willing. I could do as you have and up the payments from time to time when my income increases but worried the OC's will expect that all the time and I may find they start demanding a larger sum on a regular basis.

Just beginning to feel I was managing to get matters under control too!!

Sod's law I suppose.

Thanks for your help

bubbsie

Edited by bubbsie1
I don't seem to know where the space bar is!!

You should write to AMEX saying what you've done and why (significant change in personal circumstances/reduction in income) and requesting they stop all interest on the account accordingly. I personally don't advocate paying more at any point as it tends to keep you on their radar and hassling you for more. I would work out what is realistic (it might only be £1/month) and set up the SO accordingly.

Ran a paid-for DMP. Deeply respect those who self-manage a DMP; it is possible to do with the help of fellow CAGGERS

Offered F&F to all my creditors. All closed out including a particularly intransigent and stubborn one - who eventually saw sense after 10 months of nonsense!

Does not condone debt avoidance but violently disagrees with the antics of debt collectors and their behavior towards the ones trying to pay. I am a great believer in what goes around, comes around. Keep up the good fight!

Thanks BBNB

excellent idea, will do that first thing tomorrow morning.

Thanks

Once the SO is up and running, you should file (but ignore) their letters demanding more money/I&E/personal details that are the equivalent of them throwing their toys out of the pram. If they call say 'in writing only' noting the day and time and then send them the telephone harrassment letter. At some point they will write for a review. At that point advise them in writing that your circumstances remain unchanged and confirm that you can cannot afford to pay more or, if they have deteriorated further reduce your SO (if more than £1/month) after writing to advise them accordingly. x

Well here we go again; heard nothing from Amex or their 'collectors' for over three months, now have a card from RMA informing me they will call on me on Thursday, no date given, if that is not convenient call this numer, mobile numer given and the name to contact is A.Mercer.

I know everyone will say they are unlikely to call, however, had a caller here from Barclays DCA CSl and whilst I told them to clear off in no uncertain terms it made me feel as if my home had been violated (possibly a complete over reaction).

Does anyone have an email address for RMA resolve, so I can email them the Fudge Off letter asap.

Just so angry, a card with no date on it and will call 'Thursday' so any Thursday from now until enternity, when of course they are not harassing any other poor sod, who the F do these people thin they are?

Hello again bubbsie, as you know never phone what ever they say.

There's no e-mail address on their site that I can see,perhaps someone has it.

Although in my humble opinion it would be best sent recorded delivery.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: